The surge in anti Asian-American hate crimes

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 8:54 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well there are some people coming out and saying that the virus has characteristics in it that suggest it is man made and not found in nature. But if this is true, what would be the motivation for manufacturing a virus though?

The reasons for the surge in anti-Asian American hate crime (its happening in Australia as well) are multifaceted. People are responding/venting to the news the source of the virus is likely a Wuhan biolab by being aggressive to Asians in their local area. For some its the idea that consumption of bats are associated with the spread of the virus. The fact the Chinese government hid the spread of the virus, knowingly allowing it to creep out of China.

All of which has nothing to do with Asian people (many of whom aren't even Chinese). In the case of robberies and assault there is a mix of opportunism and deep seated racism.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:10 pm

Oh yes, but the theories about the virus being made intentionally, were coming out before the surge in Asian-American hate crimes, weren't they? I mean this was early on last year when covid first hit that these theories were coming out.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:17 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well I can understand possibly blaming the Chinese government for covid for being possibly irresponsible which lead covid out, but that doesn't mean that Asian Americans are to blame. If Americans want to point to the finger at someone, then why not the Chinese government itself, rather than Asian Americans who did not have a part in it...

Morons in our midst. 8)
BTW, Wasn't Trump blaming the ccp, rather than Asian Amerians? :scratch:

At times he named the Chinese government. Other times, he just said, "China." Then he'd call it the "China Virus," and "Kung Flu," allowing the stupider in America to blame other Americans who are Asian. Very much like how my family during WWI were given sh*t just because they were of German extraction, when Woodrow Wilson condemned "hyphenated Americans."

The ccp is made up of Chinese people. :mrgreen:
The ccp controls Chinese policy with a dictatorial iron fist.
Evidence indicates *Chinese* policies were responsible for the pandemic.

I fell foul of this deliberate misrepresentation, also.
I refuse to take ownership of that political spin crap. 8)

The allies said they fought *Nazi* Germany, during WWII, when in fact many Germans weren't Nazis, to put the shoe on the other foot.
They said they fought the Nazis.
Misrepresentation happens all the time. I should know.

If you are suggesting Trump was targeting Asian Amerians, I'd like to see some evidence of that.
It would be politically stupid.

The problem was that he didn't make it clear enough that he was specifically calling out the government that allowed infected workers to spread the virus, that in all probability originated from Wuhan, and probably was the result of a leak from the virological lab based on unfolding information.
The Chinese government lied to him and said the virus would disappear in the warmer months.
Remember, this is the government that lied about the fact that the virus was transmissible to humans, while they were ransacking other countries of PPE.

As I said, I got crucified because I use to expect people to be reasonable/rational and value the Truth, on an autistic website.
I am no longer that naive. 8)

After Trump began attacking the Chinese for the Covid virus, people started attacking Asian Americans. Trump, as far as I know, never said a word against any of this bigotry when his condemnation could have made a difference. Trump supporter Jeff "Hate Crime" Hawley voted against opposing Anti-Asian bigotry.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:18 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh yes, but the theories about the virus being made intentionally, were coming out before the surge in Asian-American hate crimes, weren't they? I mean this was early on last year when covid first hit that these theories were coming out.

Well duuuuhhh. Exactly.

First came the cause (scapegoating of china by Trump) then came the effect (racial violance). Cause, and then effect, like everything else in life.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 9:41 pm

That makes sense, but if the covid virus has manmade characteristics not found in nature, like some have said, what would be the motivation for inventing it?

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 10:25 pm

ironpony wrote:
That makes sense, but if the covid virus has manmade characteristics not found in nature, like some have said, what would be the motivation for inventing it?

The most likely (and least damaging) reason is to try and "guess" what the next epidemic may be, and so have something prepared to counter it...Having samples of what the believe it will be\will be close to allows testing\preparation of potential cures in advance, rather than having to find them under the pressure of an outbreak.

I'll leave it to others to consider what the less likely\more damaging reason(s) may be.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:01 am

ironpony wrote:
Well there are some people coming out and saying that the virus has characteristics in it that suggest it is man made and not found in nature. But if this is true, what would be the motivation for manufacturing a virus though?

The stupidity:
Gain Of Function (GOF) research was meant to create possible future viruses so scientists could then find a counter.
Well, how the f**k did that work out, you f*****g Einsteins, assuming it was actually a manmade creation?
My best *guess* is that it was created in a lab.

3.5 million people died of the coronavirus. According to fauci, that was an acceptable risk.

fauci should be sacked, imo, but the Biden administration is defending him, for political reasons.
f*****g hooman shites and their politics. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:09 am

Brictoria wrote:
It's always interesting seeing a person's words "translated" by those who were not the intended audience, given their high level of dislike for the person in question...Much like listening to those of the right discussing what Mr Biden "means" based on what he says.

Whilst biased translations from those who have no interest\motivation to do more than see "evil" in the speaker\side can be amusing, it's amazing how few people look at what the target audience took from the message... It doesn't hurt to have civil, non-judgemental discussions with people from the left or the right, and is actually quite helpful to correct misunderstandings between what they pick up from messages targetted to their side, compared with how the "other" side translates and presents it.

Someone who has a family member who is of Asian descent may be biased in their assessment/interpretation, which is understandable. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:13 am

ironpony wrote:
but if the covid virus has manmade characteristics not found in nature, like some have said, what would be the motivation for inventing it?

One motivation is creating a bioweapon which was exposed by News Corp journalist Anthony Klan and Sharri Markson in 2020

However the validity of that theory has been questioned
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... y-theories

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well I can understand possibly blaming the Chinese government for covid for being possibly irresponsible which lead covid out, but that doesn't mean that Asian Americans are to blame. If Americans want to point to the finger at someone, then why not the Chinese government itself, rather than Asian Americans who did not have a part in it...

Morons in our midst. 8)

At times he named the Chinese government. Other times, he just said, "China." Then he'd call it the "China Virus," and "Kung Flu," allowing the stupider in America to blame other Americans who are Asian. Very much like how my family during WWI were given sh*t just because they were of German extraction, when Woodrow Wilson condemned "hyphenated Americans."

Well, to his credit, according to what you have said, he said "China", which is a country, like Australia and America. 8)

Quote:
Trump: Asian-Americans not responsible for virus, need protection

By Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump, who has been accused of racism in labeling the coronavirus pandemic the “Chinese virus,” said on Monday that Asian-Americans were not responsible for spreading the disease and needed to be protected.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21A3V6

Game, set and match.
May the Truth prevail. 8)

BTW, I am not defending Trump.
I am defending the Truth. 8)

Personally speaking, I want Trump to retire from politics, or at least, stay in the background.
He is a divisive figure pulling America apart, imo. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:29 am

ironpony wrote:

According to Sharri Markson, a very credible source, the Chinese ccp scientists presented papers on a vaccine for the coronavirus in the early months of 2020, before the transmissibility to humans was made public. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:30 am

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

According to Sharri Markson, a very credible source, the Chinese ccp scientists presented papers on a vaccine for the coronavirus in the early months of 2020, before the transmissibility to humans was made public. 8)

Oh okay, so what does that mean then? Sorry, I am not following?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:33 am

naturalplastic wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Well duuuuhhh. Exactly.

First came the cause (scapegoating of china by Trump) then came the effect (racial violance). Cause, and then effect, like everything else in life.

Your assumption is that the ccp was innocent.
Clearly, it is not. 8)

Please keep the hyperpartisanship to a moderate level.
There are young people and animals on this site. 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:41 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Morons in our midst. 8)

Well, to his credit, according to what you have said, he said "China", which is a country, like Australia and America. 8)

Quote:
Trump: Asian-Americans not responsible for virus, need protection

By Reuters Staff

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump, who has been accused of racism in labeling the coronavirus pandemic the “Chinese virus,” said on Monday that Asian-Americans were not responsible for spreading the disease and needed to be protected.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN21A3V6

Game, set and match.
May the Truth prevail. 8)

BTW, I am not defending Trump.
I am defending the Truth. 8)

Personally speaking, I want Trump to retire from politics, or at least, stay in the background.
He is a divisive figure pulling America apart, imo. 8)

But the fact remains, Anti-Asian bigotry resulted from Trump's attacks on China. And just because he said he didn't like blaming Asian Americans doesn't mean he went out of his way to express that to the idiots of the country.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:42 am

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Oh okay, so what does that mean then? Sorry, I am not following?

While the ccp allowed infected people to spread the disease, all over the world, and was ransacking countries of their PPE, they said the coronavirus was not transmittable between animals and humans, and yet they were working, or even had a vaccine intended for humans, in the early part of 2020.
The usual political BS. 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 07 Jun 2021, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2021, 12:42 am

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

The stupidity:
Gain Of Function (GOF) research was meant to create possible future viruses so scientists could then find a counter.
Well, how the f**k did that work out, you f*****g Einsteins, assuming it was actually a manmade creation?
My best *guess* is that it was created in a lab.

3.5 million people died of the coronavirus. According to fauci, that was an acceptable risk.

fauci should be sacked, imo, but the Biden administration is defending him, for political reasons.
f*****g hooman shites and their politics. :mrgreen:

And replace him with who? That x-ray tech, Atlas, who Trump put in charge of things?