Australian Labor Party MP accused of rape

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 9:28 am

Quote:
A Federal Labor MP has been accused of rape in an email, Liberal Senator Sarah Henderson has revealed in the latest in a series of sexual assault allegations against senior politicians.

The Victorian senator said in a statement released late on Sunday that she had received an email from a woman and had passed it on to the Australian Federal Police.

“Late this afternoon, I forwarded to the Australian Federal Police an email I received this afternoon from a woman alleging she has been raped by a man who is now a Federal Labor Member of Parliament,” Senator Henderson said in a statement published on Twitter.

Source: https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/labor-mp-accused-of-rape-in-email-says-liberal-senator-sarah-henderson/news-story/5f32c4ea4d07e860bb669d1f441a6427

For the benefit of those outside Australia, the "Labor party" are the "progressive" party (originally designed to represent the unions), while the "Liberal party" is the "conservative" party (named for the approach taken on economic policies, not social ones).

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 2:37 pm

If this is true, then he'll be yet another politician I hate.