Is there a way to change your gender in your profile?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AspireToBlossom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2021, 7:21 pm

I created my WP account in 2017 when I still identified as a cis woman, and I now identify as a demiboy. Is there a way to update this in account/edit profile section? I'm having trouble finding it.

Thank you!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 9:37 pm

I believe that you can press on "My Account" at the top of the screen, click "Edit profile" on the left side of the screen, and scroll down to under contact info where you will see a place to choose gender; which is male or female.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 11:38 pm

AspireToBlossom wrote:
I created my WP account in 2017 when I still identified as a cis woman, and I now identify as a demiboy. Is there a way to update this in account/edit profile section? I'm having trouble finding it.

Thank you!

My understanding is no.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

01 Mar 2021, 4:33 am

Last time I looked you couldn't change it. There is this script but I've not tried it yet.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2021, 7:29 am

No :(

Also new account is forcing people to be male or female which will pose problems to non-binary people, questioning people and just people who don't want that info public. I think it should be optional and have 'non-binary' as an option or it should have a menu with 'non-binary' and 'prefer not to say' included.

Do what I do and put your gender in your sig.

You still get the occasional idiot who will hassle you & think it's funny that your sig & gender thing don't match. But that's on them. They're usually the type who pretty obviously don't like women and trans people in the rest of what they're saying.*

*For me it was one guy. His tone and opinions were very reactionary in general.