Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 9:30 pm

I've been accepted into grad school... Either this fall or I can wait until next year... But I'm doubting myself... Should I or shouldn't I...

Anyway my internship, first two days of training last week were alright, tomorrow-Friday will be training, then after that I'll be doing projects for the non-profits (the raptor center and the disability organization)

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 9:32 pm

How long is the program? Is it online or in-person? Did you get any funding or scholarship grants?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2021, 11:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
How long is the program? Is it online or in-person? Did you get any funding or scholarship grants?

I'll get funding for it... But it's in-person... In Idaho... Ummm that's the concerning part...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 12:02 am

Congratulations of getting into grad school! I would say definitely go for it, because Ph.D. will be with you for the lifetime.

As far as it being in person, there is such a thing as "hybrid classes" where the students can either be there in person or watch them on zoom. And, besides, not all classes are like that either. In fact, in my school, they "say" its "hybrid" yet most classes are by zoom. They only say its hybrid because some minority of classes are. At least in my school, it is split between strictly remote classes (the majority of them) and hybrid classes (the minority of them). There are NO classes that would only have in-person option. They would never do that during covid. If one crazy professor decides to do that (which would never happen), you can just take some other class instead.

In any case, please don't throw your career down the drain due to covid. I am sure they have thought about the safety precautions. They are all on the same boat.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 4:07 am

What are your other options? As in, if you don't go, what will you be doing? Does it sound more tempting than going to school? Does it sound less or more stressful? Is the other option something you could also do after you've finished with school? Consider the pros and cons and I'm sure you'll make the right choice.

Also, if you worry about Covid, then pushing it forward a year is perfectly reasonable since you're allowed to do that. That would also give you more time to prepare mentally.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 10:45 pm

I'm more worried about my performance in grad school... I cannot go on the classes involving long hikes, though I've discussed this and they're willing to accommodate me.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2021, 10:47 pm

Angnix wrote:
I'm more worried about my performance in grad school... I cannot go on the classes involving long hikes, though I've discussed this and they're willing to accommodate me.

Are you saying its physically difficult for you to walk, or is it just time management thing? Do you drive?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 2:12 pm

Angnix wrote:
I've been accepted into grad school...

In what subject area?