Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Mar 2021, 2:08 pm

You know, there are quite a few things about myself that I can pride myself in being.

Recently, a friend of mine called me quite "eclectic" in what I like. I was flattered, because up until then, I couldn't think of the right word to describe myself liking a wide array of things (anime, game shows, sports, 1970s/80s/90s nostalgia/music, comedy, retro gaming, food, et al.)

Is anyone out here like this? I'd love to hear from ya, and what you like. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 9:11 am

I've been called eclectic before. My taste is all over the place in most things. My music choices run from rock to rap, metal to cheesy cover songs, tejano to trip hop, and more. One day I might be sporting a dress, the next day a three piece suit. I eat odd things and might have home made granola cereal for breakfast and homemade paneer makhani for dinner. I exercise, knit, ride a unicycle, draw, and get bouts of being obsessed with things like reading up on (or youtube-ing) the homeless population living under Las Vegas, so I have a pretty diverse knowledge base that is (unfortunately for me) pretty useless in daily life, but interesting to me nonetheless.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 12:56 pm

Someone recently said that about the mix of music playing on my system. On a job site, I am usually the only one who meditates, and at a meditation retreat, I'm usually the only one who can fix anything. I campaign to get marine architects to apply what is common knowledge in aeronautics. I had to study home built aircraft to get tips for building a lighter car. My politics includes elements from both left and right, leaving me quite isolated. My books are technical (including bird ID), Atlases, spiritual, self-help, philosophy, SF, and biographies. My workshop can turn out a wide variety of things, from jewellery to boats. I can grow my own food, and repair my house and car. I follow the news on cosmology, climate, and particle physics. I can tell you a lot about print cartoons.

Things I ignore: "The Classics" in literature. TV. Action movies. Anime. Gaming. Lego. Sports without wheels, with a special Olympic boycott. Amazon. Facebook. Twitter. Having children. Manned space exploration. Animal products.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 3:16 pm

Self-proclaimed eclectic/eccentric here! I like video games, speculative fiction (science fiction, fantasy, horror), science, philosophy, writing, psychology, and a bunch of other stuff!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2021, 9:54 pm

I have very eclectic taste in music.

GameCube
Raven
Raven

18 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm

I'm very electric. I didn't really notice until a friend of mine pointed it out a few years ago saying she like hearing about my variety of interests. Here are some of my interests:

-playing the electronic drums
-reading manga and watching anime
-retro gaming
-drawing, graphic design
-the 1980s
-researching and looking at pictures of Y2K Aesthetics
-listening to electronic music