Page 5 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 11:19 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Why do people continue to believe the Main Stream Media that has continually lied to them?

What you call main stream media is more like an advertising agency as far as i'm concerned. And as far as i'm concerned, the people who work at that advertising agency are not journalists but actors-actresses. These actors tell 1 side of the story, these actors are really not going to announce things that do not suit customers. Exposing 1 side of the story is not the whole truth, therefore part of it is a lie. In itself it is not a problem that these commercial companies are playing with the truth, the problem is that the masses really think they are proclaiming the ultimate truth.

Take a look at myself in the mirror, this message does not shed light on all sides, so you can also call this message partly true and partly a lie. :wink:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 12:25 pm

Erewhon wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Why do people continue to believe the Main Stream Media that has continually lied to them?

What you call main stream media is more like an advertising agency as far as i'm concerned. And as far as i'm concerned, the people who work at that advertising agency are not journalists but actors-actresses. These actors tell 1 side of the story, these actors are really not going to announce things that do not suit customers. Exposing 1 side of the story is not the whole truth, therefore part of it is a lie. In itself it is not a problem that these commercial companies are playing with the truth, the problem is that the masses really think they are proclaiming the ultimate truth.

Take a look at myself in the mirror, this message does not shed light on all sides, so you can also call this message partly true and partly a lie. :wink:

But is there two sides to every story? There certainly isn't with the Covid epidemic, or the vaccination for it, despite the misinformation spewed by the less-than-mainstream media and politicians. There wasn't two sides with the capitol riot, which was an example of a lunatic, halfwit plan to overturn a lawful election. And there certainly wasn't two sides in regard to the 2020 election results, despite desperately loony attempts to prove election fraud.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:35 am

The speed of light is neutral. But anything written/spoken/unwritten/unspoken by humans is not neutral. It is very easy to steer in a certain direction. The way companies like CNN and Pravda are manipulating things is smart. But it's smarter to see that CNN, Pravda (and many others) are just advertising agency's

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:38 am

Erewhon wrote:
The speed of light is neutral. But anything written/spoken/unwritten/unspoken by humans is not neutral. It is very easy to steer in a certain direction. The way companies like CNN and Pravda are manipulating things is smart. But it's smarter to see that CNN, Pravda (and many others) are just advertising agency's

And Fox or Newsmax are reliable?

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 2:53 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And Fox or Newsmax are reliable?

No, they also spread things that suit their customers/followers.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 9:35 am

A kind of word-playing that actualy have another effect in Dutch than in English. Lies and lies have two meanings in English. In Dutch is lies liegt, and lies is ligt.

The truth lies in the middle. The truth lies in the middle.

Do not consider anything I post on this forum as truth. :mrgreen:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2021, 10:11 am

NTs seem to embrace heresay as truth , and seem to ignore facts in front of them . Even if presented to them in a rational cohesive manner.

where ever you go ,there you are

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:30 pm

People prefer a nice hidden sugar-coated lie than a straight forward truth.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 3:15 am

Fixxer wrote:
People prefer a nice hidden sugar-coated lie than a straight forward truth.

In general it are the cartel-thinking people who support/spread lies.
In general it are the more autonomic-thinking people who dont support/spread lies.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 3:17 am

I believe in Lies. :mrgreen:

I'll have to clarify this for the english-speaking people.
Lies is a name in my mother tongue, a female name.
I even have a Lies in my immediate family. :)

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm

Lies make people feel comfortable because the truth hurts too much.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 12:52 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Even when presented with strong evidence that something is a lie, they still want to believe in the lie, and reject whatever evidence there is to whatever truth there is to the opposite. No evidence is ever good enough for the lie-believers.

How to deal with such people?

Example:
Take Flat-earthers and QAnon believers for a start.

Sometimes the truth is just too much to bare.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 1:42 pm

The truth will set you free ?

where ever you go ,there you are

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2021, 1:58 am

Jakki wrote:

As always i can only speak for myself. Therefore, the answer to your question will also be diverse. Some people will feel comfortable being deceived, and some people will feel liberated by taking in the truth. About 12 years ago my father became ill, very seriously ill. At one point the doctors told that my father was beyond curable, my father was terminal. The moment the doctors told this, I did not like the fact that my father did not have long to live, but hearing this truth gave me inner peace, peace in the sense that there was no longer any fear. The situation became clear upon knowing the truth.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 9:37 am

Jakki wrote:

"The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret" - Terry Pratchett

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 2:56 pm

Comforting lies are easier to sell than harsh reality.