Page 6 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 8:16 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Why do people continue to believe the Main Stream Media that has continually lied to them?

What you call main stream media is more like an advertising agency as far as i'm concerned. And as far as i'm concerned, the people who work at that advertising agency are not journalists but actors-actresses. These actors tell 1 side of the story, these actors are really not going to announce things that do not suit customers. Exposing 1 side of the story is not the whole truth, therefore part of it is a lie. In itself it is not a problem that these commercial companies are playing with the truth, the problem is that the masses really think they are proclaiming the ultimate truth.

Take a look at myself in the mirror, this message does not shed light on all sides, so you can also call this message partly true and partly a lie. :wink:

But is there two sides to every story? There certainly isn't with the Covid epidemic, or the vaccination for it, despite the misinformation spewed by the less-than-mainstream media and politicians. There wasn't two sides with the capitol riot, which was an example of a lunatic, halfwit plan to overturn a lawful election. And there certainly wasn't two sides in regard to the 2020 election results, despite desperately loony attempts to prove election fraud.

You are just regurgitating to media narrative on all of those topics. You must think for yourself.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 8:36 am

It protects their ego from having to acknowledge the nature of reality.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 9:51 am

many people lie , to further their careers ..... at all costs . :evil:

where ever you go ,there you are

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 6:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Erewhon wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Why do people continue to believe the Main Stream Media that has continually lied to them?

What you call main stream media is more like an advertising agency as far as i'm concerned. And as far as i'm concerned, the people who work at that advertising agency are not journalists but actors-actresses. These actors tell 1 side of the story, these actors are really not going to announce things that do not suit customers. Exposing 1 side of the story is not the whole truth, therefore part of it is a lie. In itself it is not a problem that these commercial companies are playing with the truth, the problem is that the masses really think they are proclaiming the ultimate truth.

Take a look at myself in the mirror, this message does not shed light on all sides, so you can also call this message partly true and partly a lie. :wink:

But is there two sides to every story? There certainly isn't with the Covid epidemic, or the vaccination for it, despite the misinformation spewed by the less-than-mainstream media and politicians. There wasn't two sides with the capitol riot, which was an example of a lunatic, halfwit plan to overturn a lawful election. And there certainly wasn't two sides in regard to the 2020 election results, despite desperately loony attempts to prove election fraud.

You are just regurgitating to media narrative on all of those topics. You must think for yourself.

I do think for myself. That's why I know crypto fascists who think that not only science, but all reality, has to bend to their political philosophy don't know what they're talking about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 1:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I do think for myself. That's why I know crypto fascists who think that not only science, but all reality, has to bend to their political philosophy don't know what they're talking about.

Is there a single point you disagree with the Democratic party on?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 3:36 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yeah, abortion. But I find the Republicans to be quite wrong in regard to the child after he or she is born.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 2:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:

My most important thing i disagree with the 'Democratic party' is that the elite are not 'Democratic' but 'Capitalistic'

Their name is a lie.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:44 am

Rotter
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2021, 3:30 pm

Evolution is to blame. Evolution is the reason why the majority of people continue to believe outrageous lies and myths even after being repeatedly shown stacks of heavyweight evidence.

The majority of humans are programmed by their genes to create a distorted alternate reality inside their heads. Mentally, they do not live in the real world. Why did evolution do this? Because it was favorable to reproduction. Delusional thinking tended to increase the number of offspring and the survival rate.

This is difficult for us to understand today because, although the modern civilized world is a barbaric piece of s**t to be ashamed of, it's very good in comparison to a few hundred years ago and all human history prior. Nowadays, in 1st-world and 2nd-world countries, we can hardly comprehend how extremely terrible life was in the past, hundreds of years ago. We still suffer a lot today (more than we realize), but our ancestors suffered far more.

What stopped our ancestors from committing suicide? A few hundred years ago, life was so extremely bad that most people would have been expected to suicide, but they didn't. Why? What kept them alive despite the horrors of life? Answer: The distorted alternate reality inside their heads. The horrors were deleted or downsized in the alternate reality.

During the last million years, whenever evolution produced a mutation that caused a person to be born without the distorted alternate reality in his/her head, then this person suicided, thus the genes for seeing reality were kept out of the human genome.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2021, 2:15 am

Right Rotter.
Evolution is the force/mechanism that creates everything. Evolution is a blind process, just like human behavior.
The fact that humans have ever come to possess the ability to lie will undoubtedly have an evolutionary advantage to the left or to the right. The characteristic of lying does not just appear out of the blue, there is an underlying cause behind it. In addition to the ability to lie, some people also have the ability to expose liars. Evolution is also not based at all on whether something is true or not. To blame evolution for something is not addressed in the blind process in its blind mechanism, evolution itself doesn't care. We are stardust in The Matrix.

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2022, 2:44 pm

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 8:26 am

One of the mechanisms of this kinda stuff is perpetrated by our governments that not only manipulate the truth
But actually manufacture propaganda that it is expected that the masses will accede to . And then bolster their
Corrupt fabrication by creating circumstances in support of it . Sometimes many little circumstances , sometimes
Major ones involving many peoples deaths . Then it becomes very hard to see the actual truth of the matter .
Sometimes there can be many levels of manipulation . Then if you point out the facts , you become a conspiracy
Theorist . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:42 pm

I'm late to the party but I'm stumped on why people believe in lies as well. I have a friend who believes in 9/11 conspiracy theories, even though their are holes in those theories, and I have a friend who believes in the moon landing being faked even though there are holes in that one too I find.

But why believe in something so strongly? It's not like he is connected to to space exploration in anyway really, so why take it so personally, to the point where you are going to through rationale out the window...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 4:23 am

ironpony wrote:
I'm late to the party but I'm stumped on why people believe in lies as well. I have a friend who believes in 9/11 conspiracy theories, even though their are holes in those theories, and I have a friend who believes in the moon landing being faked even though there are holes in that one too I find.

But why believe in something so strongly? It's not like he is connected to to space exploration in anyway really, so why take it so personally, to the point where you are going to through rationale out the window...

convenient lies are more comfortable than inconvenient truths

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 6:44 am

but I don't see how landing on the moon is an inconvenient truth though. How does that inconvenience people who had nothing to do with it?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2022, 10:24 am

ironpony wrote:
but I don't see how landing on the moon is an inconvenient truth though. How does that inconvenience people who had nothing to do with it?

its inconvenient to believe that things can happen beyond the thought of someone. If someone can't get their head around the magnitude and complexity of it then its far more comfortable to just dismiss it and claim it all false