Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 4:31 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I remember that episode and I thought the girl on the show was a narcissist but to be fair, those suffering from NPD also have trauma and it's a shame how they are stigmatized that even they can't get proper support from therapists. Instead they are seen as manipulative and attention seekers so the therapist wants nothing to do with them.

It's interesting how someone can see this in a different perspective. I only see it from a victim perspective and the general perspective on narcissism.

Strange post, how is Bailey a narc?

Kind of ironic, But I think Bailey was set up to look manipulative when she wasn’t, To manipulate viewers.

Last edited by The_Znof on 18 May 2021, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 4:40 pm

I think reading subs like /raisedbynarcissts have changed my perspective on things like when I see people blame parents when their kids are abusing them because in rare cases, when a kid is abusive, the parent had done nothing wrong to cause it and the kid is just ill or has conduct disorder. But in most cases, most abusive kids are victims of abuse. Don't want your 15 year old chasing you with a knife and threatening to break down your door when you try and parent them, don't abuse them. It's very rare to end up with an abusive child even if you never abused them and they grew up in a healthy home and they had never been adopted either. I would say parents that end up with this child are f****d because it will be very difficult to get support from anyone because of statistics. Abuse will be the first thing people will jump too and blame the parents.

People have shared their stories on Reddit how they were abused and their parents always made up lies about them and turn doctors against them and if they did anything to defend themselves, their parents will use that against them and say they are mean and violent and play the victim and use that as proof. So that is where they come from when they see these violent kids on the show abusing their parents and destroying the house because they think the kid is abused because of their own childhood. The kid might not even say anything about them being abused because they have already learned everyone is already against them, they are the villain because their parents have them all fooled and have already told everyone they are pathological liars and manipulative so what is the point telling their side of their story?

In some cases in the show I have seen kids speak up and I find that the parents were more of a friend to them than a parent and the kid is angry because they felt their parents were never there for them when they needed them because they were too busy being their friend. Now their life is chaotic now as a teenager. In other cases the parent also abused them or had anger issues so the kid was modeling it so I thought "wow the parents suck too and also created that kid" or the kid hits them and stuff so the parent does it back to them and I am like yeah the parents suck, kids are going to try and get their way and may even break and throw things and hit and that is where you punish them. Not do it back to them. My son has hit me and I never hit him back but take away a privilege or send him to his room since he hates being in there. He has broken something and we didn't go breaking one of his things. I have seen parents like this on Dr. Phil. Well gee, mimicking their own child is teaching them that behavior is okay. They're the adults, they are supposed to model good behavior for them.

There was one mom that was calling her 13 year old the B word and justified it by saying all moms do it and she knows other moms that do and I was like "no they do not" and she even mentioned her mom did it to her. Man some of these parents don't even know what normal parenting is after being abused themselves and if they have always been surrounded by abusers and if their friends parents were abusers too if she thinks this is normal and I wondered if she lived in some redneck area where every parent was calling their kids nasty names. I even lived in a small town where it was normal for parents to call their kids names and scream at them than talking to them and kicking them out so they thought my parents were strange people and not normal because they didn't treat them that way and didn't treat us kids that way. I told my mom that hopefully she has given all those kids a different perspective on life and they break that cycle when they have kids and do better because they liked how she talked to them and let them make mistakes without screaming at them and letting them off with a warning than kicking them out and banning them from her home even if they thought it was not normal.

To people out there who grew up in normal homes, they will see a child and think they are sick kids and that the parent didn't discipline them enough when they were younger. So I don't get upset if someone has a different opinion about a violent child and their parents.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 4:43 pm

Well, I'm not fond of questionable within the medical community; as, I'm often reminded of Dr. Wakefield; whom made erroneous statements pertaining to mmr vaccine causing Autism, when it came out such scientific rational was proven false.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 4:45 pm

The_Znof wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I remember that episode and I thought the girl on the show was a narcissist but to be fair, those suffering from NPD also have trauma and it's a shame how they are stigmatized that even they can't get proper support from therapists. Instead they are seen as manipulative and attention seekers so the therapist wants nothing to do with them.

It's interesting how someone can see this in a different perspective. I only see it from a victim perspective and the general perspective on narcissism.

Strange post, how is Bailey a narc?

And the general perspective on narcissism is that they are merely seen to be manipulative? From a survivor of a half century of narcissistic abuse this is nearly a slap in the face.

Kind of ironic, But I think Bailey was set up to look manipulative when she wasn’t

Trying to make it be about her, doing attention seeking, the lies. I think Dr. Phil just is bias against narcissisms as many therapists are. It's clear to me from watching his TV shows that he does not like people with Cluster B issues and is very bias against them. I have seen how he has talked about people with ASPD as well and those with BPD and NPD issues. If any of his guests displays any of the symptoms, he is not supportive towards them. Even my mom thought he was pretty mean to this one young lady on the show who digital kidnapped these mother's twins. Dr. Phil was nice to the mom but harsh to the other person who did a fake blog and used the mom's photos of her kids posing them as hers. She did not like how Dr. Phil treated her and I don't think she has bothered watching the show since after that one episode.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 5:28 pm

Hi League Girl, sorry I was harsh, I see a lot of myself in Bailey..,

I went to edit, but too slow

I’ll say more later, I get my laptop back soon

[i thought Joel did a good job showing a pattern of very questionable accusations against Bailey, did you not find him convincing?

If not I’m able and more than willing to elaborate on Big Joel’s vid]

Last edited by The_Znof on 18 May 2021, 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 5:39 pm

longshot wrote:
Well, I'm not fond of questionable within the medical community; as, I'm often reminded of Dr. Wakefield; whom made erroneous statements pertaining to mmr vaccine causing Autism, when it came out such scientific rational was proven false.

I wonder how much these idiot traffic light setups contribute to global arming, I mean warming, stopping cars for no reason all these years.

“Light, more light, almost like a cleaning.” -The Donald.

Did you [know] the boat Greta used was from Benjamin Rothschild’s offshore racing team?

Funny thing I edited out my high jacking complaint cuz it was mean, but as I was doing it realized it was not at all a high Jack, I guess that makes it a low Jack.

Low jacks are good, mkay

The Dr Phil side more than flirts with anti vax

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 10:31 am

Dr Phil takes advantage of Drug War programming on the viewers to make it look like he is helping an unborn baby when in fact he is putting its life in danger.

When an woman is pregnant and addicted to heroin, the most widely documented threat to the baby is from withdrawls if the mother stops taking the drug too fast.

notice how Martin Greenberg, the show's Director of Professional Affairs, contradicts himself in this quote, first all had medical supervision, but for some reason one Woman was told she was not getting medical supervision:

Quote:
Marianne Smith said in the report that when her niece Jordan appeared on the show in 2012 and was suffering from heroin withdrawals, producers suggested she try Skid Row in Los Angeles to find drugs. Smith also said Dr. Phil did not offer her niece any medical assistance as they awaited her taping for two days.

Greenberg issued a denial: "We could go on and talk about Jordan, or 10 others. Same reality. All had medical supervision."

Likewise, Joelle King-Parrish said the show did not provide any medical attention to her pregnant daughter Kaitlin when she was detoxing in the hotel. Staff members reportedly told her to "take care of it," and one "Dr. Phil" employee ultimately joined the mother and daughter with a camera in hand as they drove to Skid Row looking for heroin.

In response, Greenberg said Kaitlin's mother had previously "agreed to be 100 percent responsible for managing her daughter's health and possible withdrawal" and the individual who filmed the incident "simply documented the natural behavior she observed, which would have occurred whether she was there or not."

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/na ... ol/110185/

Kaitlin is the woman in question here. Before she went to skid row ,she went to the hospital and waited for 4 hours before leaving without help.

I think it was very shady of the show to film when she went to skid row, but not when she went to the hospital.

When she went on the show a day or two later, Dr Phil went on a tirade saying because is is a designated reporter, he was going to get the cops to follow her around to arrest her if she tries to buy heroin.

Kaitlin said "are you sure thats the best way?"

Dr phil then yelled that he was doing it because he wanted to help the baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Oi8khSO8zQ

I wonder if all guests spend 2 days in a hotel before taping, or only addicts?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 1:50 pm

I don't like drug addicts either. My mom worked as a nurse and she is a mandated reporter as well and yes they have had to report moms to the state when they do drugs. My mom once had a patient who would not give them any information about her, no medical information of her past and where she moved from, etc. and it turns out she was a runaway from Washington state and she was a drug addict and she was at risk of her baby being taken so she fled and she thought if she had it in another state, her baby wouldn't be taken, it was anyway. The baby did not turn out fine from heavy drug use. I must have been in high school when this happened.

But at least he was willing to let her get help for her drugs. What was he supposed to do? Let her do drugs? They're bad for you and they're illegal too for a reason. Plus he is a therapist and a mandated reporter so as a doctor, he is supposed to let her get the chance to get treatment.

I hear everywhere that when you are pregnant, you hear from doctors and social workers to get off drugs or have the baby get taken. I was pregnant and the question I often heard was "Are you on drugs?" "Are you in a unsafe situation?" And I know for a fact if you are in a domestic abuse relationship, you have the option to leave that situation or the child gets taken. Yes they will give you resources and support when you do take that option to try and get to a safe situation. It's all about the best interest of the child.

This isn't a Dr. Phil thing, this is a law thing and doctors are required to do this. I know people like to say he isn't a real doctor but he worked as a psychologist before deciding to do this show.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 3:55 pm

League_Girl wrote:

What was he supposed to do? Let her do drugs? They're bad for you and they're illegal too for a reason. Plus he is a therapist and a mandated reporter so as a doctor, he is supposed to let her get the chance to get treatment.

I guess you missed this part of my post?

The_Znof wrote:

When an woman is pregnant and addicted to heroin, the most widely documented threat to the baby is from withdraws if the mother stops taking the drug too fast.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:17 pm

The_Znof wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

What was he supposed to do? Let her do drugs? They're bad for you and they're illegal too for a reason. Plus he is a therapist and a mandated reporter so as a doctor, he is supposed to let her get the chance to get treatment.

I guess you missed this part of my post?

The_Znof wrote:

When an woman is pregnant and addicted to heroin, the most widely documented threat to the baby is from withdraws if the mother stops taking the drug too fast.

But he was sending her to a drug treatment program so they can help her get off them?

I guess all doctors and social workers are endangering fetuses then. :shrug:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2021, 6:21 pm

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/he ... -pregnancy

Quote:
When used as a part of a comprehensive substance abuse treatment program, a replacement drug like buprenorphine can help to lower the adverse side effects of narcotic drugs to both the mother and baby by helping them to wean off drugs like heroin. This then lowers all the potential risks and hazards created by its ongoing abuse.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 1:29 am

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 1:17 am

League_Girl wrote:

But at least he was willing to let her get help for her drugs. What was he supposed to do? Let her do drugs? They're bad for you and they're illegal too for a reason. Plus he is a therapist and a mandated reporter so as a doctor, he is supposed to let her get the chance to get treatment.

[...]

This isn't a Dr. Phil thing, this is a law thing and doctors are required to do this. I know people like to say he isn't a real doctor but he worked as a psychologist before deciding to do this show.

Dr Phil says he is not doing therapy, because if he said he was he would be admitting to a crime.

However I think Dr Phil is full of it, and that he regularly uses a form of attack therapy and negative reinforcement.

BF Skinner himself did empirical study of negative reinforcement, and claimed it did not work.

Not much has changed since then,

Quote:
A disturbing trend in legal actions and policies is the criminalization of substance abuse during pregnancy when it is believed to be associated with fetal harm or adverse perinatal outcomes. Although no state specifically criminalizes drug abuse during pregnancy, prosecutors have relied on a host of established criminal laws to punish a woman for prenatal substance abuse

https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical- ... necologist

with phil the bs almost always leads to people getting hurt.

viewtopic.php?t=395220

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 1:22 am

Dr Phil's youtube presence is growing fast.

For years comments were switched off on most of the official clips the dr phil channel uploaded to youtube, and a few months ago they all got turned on.

Now about two weeks ago a handful of sources started mass uploading full episodes. Before this full episodes were relatively hard to find.

Trouble is I cant find any of the ones I want to watch in full, yet.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 7:51 am

Found this short documentary on YouTube about these type of camps.

I can see why they are controversial

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YvhUrNw-dnI&ucbcb=1

- George Bernie Shaw

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Jun 2021, 8:46 am

Going to be honest, this is way bigger than Dr. Phil. There are all kinds of mental health providers setting up shop, schools being created, and profiting off of the so-called psychopathology of children labeling them constantly, medicating them, and giving them "eclectic" treatments. There is no real regulation of the mental health industry. There is an assumption that mental health providers will give sound guidance and offer evidence-based treatment, um no, once they are licensed they do whatever they want. Its disgusting.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52