MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 12:21 pm

Feyokien wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
President Biden speaking at a CNN town hall on February defending China against this genocide accusation:

"The central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united, tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that."

"I’m not going to speak out against what he’s doing in Hong Kong, what he’s doing with the Uighurs in Western mountains of China, and Taiwan. Culturally, there are different norms that each country and their leaders are expected to follow.”

Link?

This is, at least in part, what he said. But you should do your own research and try to be aware of the bias of the different sites. Biden has a lot of critics but they don't all have the same agenda. Frankly I am glad he's being honest. If he wanted to pander, he could have indulged in the empty anti-China rhetoric of his predecessor. Compared with the aforementioned individual, I think he cares a great deal less what people think of him.

Its a false quote. Biden said the exact opposite, my original post shows what he said.

I apologize. I think the version of the quote you gave is about as sophisticated and nuanced, but patriotic nevertheless, a take on the situation and the proper role of the President, as one could wish for. Sorry for the mangled grammar!

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 1:24 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
President Biden speaking at a CNN town hall on February defending China against this genocide accusation:

"The central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united, tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that."

"I’m not going to speak out against what he’s doing in Hong Kong, what he’s doing with the Uighurs in Western mountains of China, and Taiwan. Culturally, there are different norms that each country and their leaders are expected to follow.”

Link?

This is, at least in part, what he said. But you should do your own research and try to be aware of the bias of the different sites. Biden has a lot of critics but they don't all have the same agenda. Frankly I am glad he's being honest. If he wanted to pander, he could have indulged in the empty anti-China rhetoric of his predecessor. Compared with the aforementioned individual, I think he cares a great deal less what people think of him.

Its a false quote. Biden said the exact opposite, my original post shows what he said.

It's an exact quote. Biden is saying both things over and over. He wants to appease Xi Jinping by saying he respects the one China narrative and the China cultural norms Xi touts. He's not going to speak out more than he absolutely must about the Uighurs, Taiwan and Hong Kong. We are back to our historic swamp diplomacy of appeasing all sides to keeps trade lanes open while allowing authoritarian regimes to go unchecked in their conquests including genocide.

As Lieutenant General McMaster correctly says in the piece below this is "bigotry masquerading as cultural sensitivity."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... s-uighurs/

If you don't have access to the WAPO, here's the same thing from another source:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... aster-says

If you're indirectly saying Trump was doing more about the situation, I exiting the conversation now. The man is the ultimate swamp monster. :lol:

Daddy63
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 1:35 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

Link?

It's an exact quote. Biden is saying both things over and over. He wants to appease Xi Jinping by saying he respects the one China narrative and the China cultural norms Xi touts. He's not going to speak out more than he absolutely must about the Uighurs, Taiwan and Hong Kong. We are back to our historic swamp diplomacy of appeasing all sides to keeps trade lanes open while allowing authoritarian regimes to go unchecked in their conquests including genocide.

As Lieutenant General McMaster correctly says in the piece below this is "bigotry masquerading as cultural sensitivity."

If you don't have access to the WAPO, here's the same thing from another source:

If you're indirectly saying Trump was doing more about the situation, I exiting the conversation now. The man is the ultimate swamp monster. :lol:

In China, Trump was doing more for sure though his main intent in confronting China was to have a better trade relationship and end the theft of intellectual property. His goal was to get the most for Americans. I don't think he really cares about the Uighurs. It's tough to tell why Biden doesn't seem to care about the genocide. Many believe he has been bought by Xi.

Trump was likely compromised by the Saudis in the same way that Biden is by Xi and he basically ignored the ongoing atrocities committed in Yemen. His desire to have peace between Israel and the Middle East and his desire to confront the Iranian nuclear threat likely lead to that decision.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 2:58 pm

Pepe wrote:
Quote:
China breaching every article in genocide convention, says legal report on Uighurs

Thinktank publishes first non-governmental legal examination of China’s actions in Xinjiang

The Chinese government has breached every single article of the UN genocide convention in its treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang, and bears responsibility for committing genocide, according to a landmark legal report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ark-report

This does not surprise me one bit. And I hate it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 6:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm not impressed with China in the least bit. That's very 1930s and also sick.

Why certain groups ignore the atrocities in China is a mystery to me.

Even the Muslim countries are ignoring this case btw.

Presumably because of there fear of offending the sea pooh see?
Or is it ideological, in some twisted way?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 6:26 pm

Daddy63 wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Daddy63 wrote:

Link?

Quote:
"If you know anything about Chinese history, it has always been, the time when China has been victimized by the outer world, is when they haven't been unified at home," Biden said, noting the simplicity in that generalization. "The central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united tightly-controlled China," he added.

So Biden is saying, "China has been victimized by the outer world", and that means the world needs to turn a blind eye to the atrocities the see pooh sea engages in towards the Uighurs?
If this is a true reflection of the Democrat's position, is it self-evident nonsense and is morally indefensible. 8O

Ignoring issues is nothing new when it comes to politics. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2021, 6:30 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Quote:
China breaching every article in genocide convention, says legal report on Uighurs

Thinktank publishes first non-governmental legal examination of china’s actions in Xinjiang

The Chinese government has breached every single article of the UN genocide convention in its treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang, and bears responsibility for committing genocide, according to a landmark legal report.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ark-report

This does not surprise me one bit. And I hate it.

BTW, This atrocity isn't caused/embraced by the Chinese people, of course.
It is the policy of the sea pooh see. 8)

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 3:16 pm

I am aware of that. And that makes it even worse, because if the people try anything they WILL be shot down. Sometimes quite literally.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 11:35 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I am aware of that. And that makes it even worse, because if the people try anything they WILL be shot down. Sometimes quite literally.

A lot were killed @ Tiananmen Square, decades ago.

Quote:
Estimates of the death toll vary from several hundred to several thousand, with thousands more wounded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Tian ... e_protests

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 3:13 am

Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

No mystery, same reason South Africa's white government was allowed enslave black people between 1948-1990 and why Saudi Arabia is allowed to lock up its girls, have slave auctions and behead people. Its all about economics.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 3:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

No mystery, same reason South Africa's white government was allowed enslave black people between 1948-1990 and why Saudi Arabia is allowed to lock up its girls, have slave auctions and behead people. Its all about economics.

Well, it's good to see you aren't defending China. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 3:49 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Well, it's good to see you aren't defending China. 8)

I'm not defending them but I think nobody is going defend the Uighers.

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Mar 2021, 4:57 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 9:02 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Yes.

Ever since 2011 I have had my own Tom Clancy type fantasy hope that... another Bin Laden would fly an airliner into a skyscraper in Shanghai (and kill three thousand Chinese civilians) in retaliation against Chinese oppression of the Uighurs. Maybe the US CIA might even ...help it...to happen. So we could play China off against the Muslim world, and make China the main target of terrorism.

I guess that it wont happen. :(

The soil isnt ripe for it.

=====

RIGHT now...even Israel doesnt get much attention apparently. Because the Muslim world seems to obsessed with taking sides between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 9:12 am

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Yes.

Ever since 2011 I have had my own Tom Clancy type fantasy hope that... another Bin Laden would fly an airliner into a skyscraper in Shanghai (and kill three thousand Chinese civilians) in retaliation against Chinese oppression of the Uighurs. Maybe the US CIA might even ...help it...to happen. So we could play China off against the Muslim world, and make China the main target of terrorism.

=====

RIGHT now...even Israel doesnt get much attention apparently. Because the Muslim world seems to obsessed with taking sides between Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Or that might bring about the global nuclear holocaust that the Cold War failed to achieve. Be careful what you wish for.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 7:29 pm

MaxE wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Yes.

=====

Or that might bring about the global nuclear holocaust that the Cold War failed to achieve. Be careful what you wish for.

That would never happen it the scenario described. 8)