China breaching every article in genocide convention

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 8:53 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Maybe we could persuade Iran and the Saudies to stop fighting each other and to join forces and lead the whole Muslim world in a jihad against China to save the Muslim Uigars. Other than that ...what do you suggest?

Funny, even ISIS don't make a peep about China. The silence says more about geopolitics than words/rhetoric.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 9:02 pm

Another curious silence is about the genocide of Rohyingya muslims in Burma.

No jihad against the Burmese military. Why? the answer can be seen in another country.

When Sri Lankan buddhists burned muslim businesses and killed muslims with the enthusiastic support of the militarised Sri Lankan government a ISIS inspired muslim group launched an attack in Colombo. What's interesting is that instead of targeting buddhists they targeted the one christian church in Colombo. Why?

Their financial backers didn't care to attack the military regime but were happy to target the christian minority who (ironically) live peacefully with the muslim community in Sri Lanka.

When christian South Sudan separated from the muslim north the Sudanese muslims never received a cent from the Saudis.

So the global muslim movement are strangely focussed on christians/west - they seem to ignoring crimes committed on muslims by non-christian military dictatorships. Selective outrage.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:27 pm

Genocide is everyone's business.
Not speaking out is to be complicit, in my view.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:34 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Genocide is everyone's business.  Not speaking out is to be complicit, in my view.
Agreed.  Indifference to evil is as immoral as the evil acts themselves.  What kind of monster would stand by and watch people being tortured an killed without feeling any compassion or guilt for (at least) not speaking out against the evil?

It is never bad faith to speak the truth or to challenge falsehood.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 12:01 am

Gaius_Marius wrote:
BS. You shouldn't TAKE A SIDE in an ethnic conflict if you're not one of those ethnicities. That's not right.

You also shouldn't be speaking for an ethnicity you're not part of.

The issues here are: firstly, that the ethnic Uighurs are unable to speak for themselves, having been silenced by the Chinese Government. Secondly, once the situation devolved to a kind of ethnic cleansing or genocide, it is not so much an obscure ethnic conflict than a humanitarian issue of a scale that requires responsible governments to act.

So while I agree in principal that one should be wary about interfering in ethnic affairs, there comes a point where the humanitarian issues outweigh any scruples about interference. I believe we have passed that point where it comes to the situation in Xinjiang.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 12:14 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Gaius_Marius wrote:
BS. You shouldn't TAKE A SIDE in an ethnic conflict if you're not one of those ethnicities. That's not right.

You also shouldn't be speaking for an ethnicity you're not part of.

The issues here are: firstly, that the ethnic Uighurs are unable to speak for themselves, having been silenced by the Chinese Government. Secondly, once the situation devolved to a kind of ethnic cleansing or genocide, it is not so much an obscure ethnic conflict than a humanitarian issue of a scale that requires responsible governments to act.

So while I agree in principal that one should be wary about interfering in ethnic affairs, there comes a point where the humanitarian issues outweigh any scruples about interference. I believe we have passed that point where it comes to the situation in Xinjiang.

Whoever this poster is he's implied minority ethnic groups are not worthy of helping. From that premise its not possible to have a sensible/normal conversation with him.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 1:35 am

Gaius_Marius wrote:
Han Chinese are violating their rights and committing ethnic cleansing by moving in large amounts of Han Chinese against the will of locals.

The Chinese will point to many examples of European nations doing precisely the same thing. The United States, New Zealand, Canada, Australia all committed ethnic cleansing and moved large numbers of European settlers/migrants to occupy the land.

Argentina, Mexico, Brasil and Chile did the same. Argentina also genocided their black slave populations - all replaced native and slave groups with European settlers.

France did the same to New Caledonia right up to the 1990s.

No wonder nobody does anything about China....he who has not sinned cast the first stone....

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 4:20 am

Gaius_Marius wrote:
It's never right for one ethnicity to rule another.

On this we agree

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 4:52 am

I am somewhat sceptical that the concerns in the West over the the Uyghur population in Xinjiang are really that genuine. After all, the West hasn't exactly had a track record of embracing everyone and everything Islamic in the last two decades.

First of all, the refugee surge from the ISIS/Syria FUBAR in the Middle East has seriously increased anti-Islamic sentiment in Europe - way more than the immediate years after 911. Second, it wasn't long ago that the president of the US wanted to end all Muslim immigration to the US. Third, we have an ongoing conflict in Yemen, where Saudi forces are using US weapons to kill Muslim children. And fourth, no one in the West seems to give a damn about the endemic politically-backed anti-Islamic violence in India...

But now Xinjiang in far away China is all the rage in the West...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 4:55 am

GGPViper wrote:
I am somewhat sceptical that the concerns in the West over the the Uyghur population in Xinjiang are really that genuine. After all, the West hasn't exactly had a track record of embracing everyone and everything Islamic in the last two decades.

First of all, the refugee surge from the ISIS/Syria FUBAR in the Middle East has seriously increased anti-Islamic sentiment in Europe - way more than the immediate years after 911. Second, it wasn't long ago that the president of the US wanted to end all Muslim immigration to the US. Third, we have an ongoing conflict in Yemen, where Saudi forces are using US weapons to kill Muslim children. And fourth, no one in the West seems to give a damn about the endemic politically-backed anti-Islamic violence in India...

In geopolitics this is called a bargaining chip

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 5:25 am

cyberdad wrote:

Oh, I have no illusions myself about the geopolitical cynicism underpinning this current stand-off. But I am not seeing a lot of bargaining potential here, either.

I find it unlikely that China will move as much as an inch in their current approach to Xinjiang due to international pressure... they did *the exact opposite* with both Tibet and Hong Kong - crack down even harder - so why expect different results now, when China is stronger than ever?

And as the Westernmost province, Xinjiang is strategically crucial to China's new Belt and Road initiative. China will likely not accept anything but 100 % control of the province. I don't think the West can "offer" China anything worth loosening the iron grip on Xinjiang.

The whole affair is obviously also a wet dream for Chinese nationalism.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 5:45 am

GGPViper wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Oh, I have no illusions myself about the geopolitical cynicism underpinning this current stand-off. But I am not seeing a lot of bargaining potential here, either.

I find it unlikely that China will move as much as an inch in their current approach to Xinjiang due to international pressure... they did *the exact opposite* with both Tibet and Hong Kong - crack down even harder - so why expect different results now, when China is stronger than ever?

And as the Westernmost province, Xinjiang is strategically crucial to China's new Belt and Road initiative. China will likely not accept anything but 100 % control of the province. I don't think the West can "offer" China anything worth loosening the iron grip on Xinjiang.

The whole affair is obviously also a wet dream for Chinese nationalism.

Yes the geopolitical is strategic - consolidating borders with HK, Taiwan, Philippines, Russia, central Asia, India and Burma.

Consolidation is also economic (China is heavily investing in foreign investment throughout Oceania, South East Asia and Africa. They will want complete 100% control over western provinces (as you say)

Finally there's nationalism - China is transforming areas under its control - re-writing history to create a fictional narrative that Tibet, Western China and coastal islands off China were always culturally Han Chinese. There is also false science being spread in schools about CHinese originating in China (like they are a different species of human, Homo Chiniensis :lol: )

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

28 Mar 2021, 7:58 am

Gaius_Marius has been banned and posts were removed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:47 am

Quote:
Chinese embassy release propaganda film riddled with misinformation on Uyghur genocide
07/04/2021|15min

The Chinese Embassy in Canberra has aired a bizarre nine-minute propaganda film riddled with misinformation in an attempt to downplay the acts of genocide being committed against the Uyghur population in Xinjiang.

The video was littered with propaganda declaring Xinjiang as a “wonderful land” and spoke about free-education camps in the region.

The ambassador slammed so-called “distorted coverage” of the situation in Xinjiang where up to a million Uyghurs are being kept in ‘re-education camps’.

US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken has come out against the treatment of the Muslim minority group declaring Beijing is committing “genocide and crimes against humanity”

The Australian Strategic Policy Instituted has claimed there are more than 380 ‘re-education’ camps in the region which is up more than 40 per cent from previous estimates.

In early 2021 the BBC did an expose on the horrific treatment of the Uyghur population, highlighting the treatment of females in the camps which included forced sterilisation.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_624 ... 20genocide

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 6:43 am

GGPViper wrote:

Both Saudi Arabia and Yemen are Muslims, the Houthis in Yemen which their official slogan contains "Death to America, death to Jews" are also Muslims and they've been killing Saudis long before the war too. So the US is allying with Muslims against Muslims, so this has nothing to do with religion. The Houthis, as a terrorist militia, are not innocent. This crown prince in particular is doing a social reform in Saudi Arabia that no king dared to do before him, so it's for the best of interest of the US to support him, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf in general are slowly progressing socially (even regarding women's rights), while Iran is getting more backward everyday.

Houthi's official flag = "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam", became the group's trademark.[61] Houthi officials, however, have rejected the literal interpretation of the slogan.[62]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houthi_movement

Houthis = Iranian presence, and they were doing operations against the kingdom long before the civil war in Yemen, that's why Saudi Arabia declared the war. They are literally Zaidi Shia Yemenis who got "converted" to "Twelver Shia" by Iranians and use them as mercs, this mass conversion was not for pacific reasons; Zaidi Shia in Yemen lived in peace with their Sunnah counterparts for a considerable time until Iran came and created a new demography with ideologies not native to Yemen.

Also, if these reports are true https://www.arabnews.com/node/1836041/middle-east then that's another reason why the West should side with Saudi Arabia against the Houthis.

The Uyghur on the other hand, were not doing military operations as far as I know. And they're an entire enthncity.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 8:16 am

Imagine that.