Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2021, 3:17 pm

My latest assignment was to create 2-3 posters within the week, using the style guide given... Took me an hour to create one, waiting for that one to be critiqued, then it should take no time because now I have a template to crank out not only the other two but the rest of the 15...

They better think of more stuff for me to do, I find that stuff easy, lol!

Plus I'm almost finished with another project... Sigh...

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 12:45 pm

I once had a job where they gave me a desk and a computer and forgot about me for a week.
I used the time to explore the computer system and learn as much as I could.
I would listen to co-worker's conversations and ask questions, and walk around and look what people had hanging on their walls in their cubicles - sometimes if the person was not around I would borrow a piece and copy it on the xerox machine (like the map of the conference rooms).
When I finally gave me something to do I was way ahead of the game.
Another trick is if the company had Outlook you can explore the address book - it contains things like people's names, titles, and who reports to who. If you take time you can create an org-chart from this information.
Which can some in really handy later.
You can also use the time to learn new skills related to your existing skills or additional features of software you already use.
Good Luck!