Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 2:52 pm

I've been playing this recently. This game interests me because it's essentially a game about designing a game. It asks how much freedom a user should have in terms of their actions, compared to limitations which allow for a linear story. The game is about the illusion of choice. It has some amusing gags, such as when you enter the meeting room and there is a guide on being passive-aggressive to your fellow employees and advice on making a corporate PowerPoint playing on a projector.

The game has nineteen endings, although some of those endings are more just one off jokes rather than proper endings. I think my personal favourite so far is the museum ending. This ending allows you to walk around a museum of pre-production materials that went into making the game and various scrapped concepts.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 6:33 pm

A friend in college had it and I loved what I played of it but never got around to buying it. I didn't do everything and I don't remember a museum ending, but I played it only one time six years ago so I may have forgotten. I remember a minecraft parody and the narrator calling me a heartless b*stard for setting a cardboard baby on fire (I think that was what happened?).

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 7:37 pm

Udinaas wrote:
A friend in college had it and I loved what I played of it but never got around to buying it. I didn't do everything and I don't remember a museum ending, but I played it only one time six years ago so I may have forgotten. I remember a minecraft parody and the narrator calling me a heartless b*stard for setting a cardboard baby on fire (I think that was what happened?).

Ah, the 'Minecraft ending'. I haven't gotten that one yet. Which ending you get depends on the choices you make in the game. I've managed to get several different endings, but I've yet to get the Minecraft one. The Heaven ending was by far the most bizarre...where you're just surrounded by rotating buttons whilst a choir ominously chants "Push buttons" repeatedly. :lol:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 7:41 pm

My friend showed me this game, I don't think I could play it though considering I already hide in front of a screen working too much anyway.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 4:14 pm

I have a Let's Play of this game on my channel. I'm looking forward to the Ultra Deluxe edition.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2021, 3:50 pm

The suicide ending was the one that got to me. I couldn't help but wait in the room with the star constellations for a bit before actually going through with it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:07 pm

sounds like the game explore the very question of free will itself.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 3:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

I'd say that's an accurate take. Especially the "real person" ending. The fake PSA made me laugh.

Update : I found the Minecraft ending recently. Along with a different ending where I ended up in space. 8) :lol:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 12:39 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I'd say that's an accurate take. Especially the "real person" ending. The fake PSA made me laugh.

Update : I found the Minecraft ending recently. Along with a different ending where I ended up in space. 8) :lol:

I personally enjoyed the Countdown ending where The Narrator tries to be the next GLaDOS.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.