What are your thoughts on Polyamory or Polygamy?

Page 9 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 11:05 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Gentleman Argentum wrote:
Rexi wrote:
It's a pity he doesn't think he's young enough to handle doing what he wants to with women, or maybe he's too shy, defeated or uninterested. Can't figure it out yet. Maybe a mix of these

Based on the quoted nest, it would appear you are referring to Aunt Blabby. I do not think of Aunt Blabby in these terms and thought that was harsh, if directed at him... you know everyone loves Aunt Blabby, right? That's why this thread faltered on the rocks since Apr. 1st. No one wants to pile on Aunt Blabby. You done mess up, grrrl. :lol:

I don't believe Rexi said anything unreasonable there. It's not flattering but it's not harsh or unfair either.

Perhaps, but I still have no idea who she is referring to. It does not matter really, but I thought I'd poke the hornet's nest and see if anything came out.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 11:09 am

all my adolescent and adult life i just wanted only one serious mate [not a mere fling]. somebody i could be there for, and somebody who would be there for me. a partnership of complementary equals, a happy team, a refuge from the mean ol' hellworld we live on. the gods thought otherwise.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 11:36 am

I don't have a positive or a negative opinion of polyamory. I do honestly think that a lot of people couldn't handle a long term polyamorous relationship, and that if someone is considering joining/creating one they should think about if everyone involved is ready to share double/triple/etc. the responsibilities of a relationship.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
all my adolescent and adult life i just wanted only one serious mate [not a mere fling]. somebody i could be there for, and somebody who would be there for me. a partnership of complementary equals, a happy team, a refuge from the mean ol' hellworld we live on. the gods thought otherwise.

I achieved that in my late twenties, only to be betrayed and abandoned recently. It is a mixed bag. There is freedom that comes with being single, I am learning to appreciate that. Freedom from lies, theft, arguments, drama, treachery. These are all the things that come with the introduction of another person.

At night, my cat cuddles up with me and purrs. I recommend having a pet. In the day, I think about god and the angels, and how to get closer to them. People are overrated, by about a mile, but god is great.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:46 am

auntblabby wrote:

I achieved that in my late twenties, only to be betrayed and abandoned recently. It is a mixed bag. There is freedom that comes with being single, I am learning to appreciate that. Freedom from lies, theft, arguments, drama, treachery. These are all the things that come with the introduction of another person.

At night, my cat cuddles up with me and purrs. I recommend having a pet. In the day, I think about god and the angels, and how to get closer to them. People are overrated, by about a mile, but god is great.

my cat would likely disappear in my hoarder mess. i would not subject any sentient being to that. me, myself and i keep each other company. 8) :alien: :nerdy: the following song says it best-

:alien:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:48 am

Polygamy often has religious connotations so is technically nobodies business if the people involved are consensual.

However, I'm curious if anyone on WP knows anyone in a polyamorous relationships?

I knew a body builder guy when I was in my 20s who had two concurrent girlfriends living in his flat at the same time. I didn't know him that well except that he was extremely good at sport and word on the street he had twosomes with the girls.

Then of course there's the late Hugh Hefner who had up to 7 women in bed at any one time and multiple girlfriends.

Again the issue is consent. If the girls involved are agreeable then the man is living the dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 2:53 am

i'd rather have a ménage à trois in the form of a sex sandwich where i'm one piece of bread, another guy is the other piece of bread, and the woman is the "filling." for me, two fillings wouldn't work.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:18 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'd rather have a ménage à trois in the form of a sex sandwich where i'm one piece of bread, another guy is the other piece of bread, and the woman is the "filling." for me, two fillings wouldn't work.

Sounds to me like you'll be a popular man in the swinging scene. There may be couples into this.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

09 Apr 2021, 6:56 am

I've had an offer from a couple of swingers before (for a threesome not a swap). Perhaps I should have tried it out just to see if I liked it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 7:10 am

I was once asked to be in a threesome. I refused.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 7:16 am

I had a hard enough time getting a onesome.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 8:36 am

auntblabby wrote:

See, you are very romantic.

Whatever floats your island [of defective toy santas]. Team is a high level within the relationship pursuit, not a bad aim. However you need a love potion, I mean vigor and youth, it involves a lot of dating apps and a cougar's claw.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 09 Apr 2021, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

09 Apr 2021, 8:40 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Rexi wrote:
It's a pity he doesn't think he's young enough to handle doing what he wants to with women, or maybe he's too shy, defeated or uninterested. Can't figure it out yet. Maybe a mix of these

Based on the quoted nest, it would appear you are referring to Aunt Blabby. I do not think of Aunt Blabby in these terms and thought that was harsh, if directed at him... you know everyone loves Aunt Blabby, right? That's why this thread faltered on the rocks since Apr. 1st. No one wants to pile on Aunt Blabby. You done mess up, grrrl. :lol:

I don't believe Rexi said anything unreasonable there. It's not flattering but it's not harsh or unfair either.

Perhaps, but I still have no idea who she is referring to. It does not matter really, but I thought I'd poke the hornet's nest and see if anything came out.

But darling, auntblabby is hot, everyone wants to pile up on him.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

IrreversibleMistakes
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Apr 2021, 1:40 pm

I think it is degenerate behavior but this wont hurt true polyamorists anyway. I'm just saying m opinion.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:44 pm

I don't find it "degenerate"-----it just ain't my speed.

"Degenerate" is when you desire to hurt little kids.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:54 pm

IMHO - "degenerate" is systematically injecting POC inmates with syph for $h!+s and giggles and no real useful data gained. degenerate is caging children in appalling conditions at the border. degenerate is supporting an insurrection to prop up a sociopath who wanted to be king, and wanting a king instead of an actual by-god president.