What are your thoughts on Polyamory or Polygamy?

Page 8 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 3:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Gentleman Argentum wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
sex is more valuable for those who are kept from it.

Every man has a hand :thumleft:

in my case, rosie palm and her 5 sisters is augmented with suzie silicone :bounce:

With your charming personality and warm wit I'm surprised to know you couldn't find a mature lady that would just want to have a good time with you without getting serious.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 3:12 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

in my case, rosie palm and her 5 sisters is augmented with suzie silicone :bounce:

With your charming personality and warm wit I'm surprised to know you couldn't find a mature lady that would just want to have a good time with you without getting serious.

thank you my good man :flower: i do have penpals at least.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 4:29 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Rosy Palm and her five sisters really are the generous, sensitive, kind and uncomplicated women that one just never encounters out in the wild... I really need to write an Ode to Rosy.

Maybe someone has already done it? Here we go... thanks, YouTube. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 4:30 am

i don't think he was singin' about the same rosie :shrug:

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 4:34 am

auntblabby wrote:

I dunno Blabby... internet sez otherwise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 4:52 am

auntblabby wrote:

i don't generally hear sung lyrics very well, so i had to read them and sure enough, it WAS the "same rosie" :lol:

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 3:51 am

auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i don't generally hear sung lyrics very well, so i had to read them and sure enough, it WAS the "same rosie" :lol:

I almost always have to look up lyrics, the singing is usually unclear.

It wasn't until I started listening to Christian rock that I could understand the lyrics without even looking them up. Christian rock musicians WANT you to understand. :heart:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 5:02 am

auntblabby wrote:

/w Bon Scott :heart:

/w Brian Johnson

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

01 Apr 2021, 2:29 pm

All these 'uncomplicated' men... Tsk tsk tsk

Wish I never heard this word again

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

01 Apr 2021, 2:32 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's a pity he doesn't think he's young enough to handle doing what he wants to with women, or maybe he's too shy, defeated or uninterested. Can't figure it out yet. Maybe a mix of these

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 4:49 am

Rexi wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It's a pity he doesn't think he's young enough to handle doing what he wants to with women, or maybe he's too shy, defeated or uninterested. Can't figure it out yet. Maybe a mix of these

The 'he' is ambiguous due to your quoting nested messages. Beware of prefixes!

Based on the quoted nest, it would appear you are referring to Aunt Blabby. I do not think of Aunt Blabby in these terms and thought that was harsh, if directed at him... you know everyone loves Aunt Blabby, right? That's why this thread faltered on the rocks since Apr. 1st. No one wants to pile on Aunt Blabby. You done mess up, grrrl. :lol:

If you meant ME, I am not shy, defeated or uninterested, but am cynical, morose and despairing.
These emotions just bubble up naturally and I do not know what to do with them, I just have to process them best I can until they get replaced later by hope, optimism, and happiness. :mrgreen:

I am getting gradually more resilient and accepting of various types of rejection. A new theory that amuses me is that women are like other mammals, sometimes they are in heat and receptive, most other times not, and they react the same way a cat does. That seems to make a lot of sense as to why I sometimes score a home run and sometimes every swing is a foul. :twisted: I'm the same, the rotation of the Moon is all that's changed.

petraA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2021, 7:59 am

petraA wrote:
Also: I don't value romantic relationships over platonic ones. My husband and I were platonic for 5 years and he was just as important to me then as now. For me romantic and sexual relationships are relationships and friendships are relationships. What matters is not what sort of relationship you have but that you have time and dedication to all the people who you care about and that when you find a high quality person you keep that person in your life in whatever way works for the two of you and the other people already in your life.

That was / is my opinion as well.
People just devalue relationships these days, in my opinion.
Everything seems to revolve around sex.

For me this is the main reason I'm drawn towards poly. Even though I have very rarely had multiple partners at once outside of play partners for kink, I don't like the idea that I am putting arbitrary boundries and rules in place for a relationship that I view simularly to any others in my life. All of which I take very seriously. But I don't see why my husband having a friend he sometimes sleeps with is different than having a really close friend who is platonic and vice versa. The point is that we made a commitment to eachother and unless the other relationship makes that impossible to fullfill its not a problem. (Also we both practice safe sex and being autistic our poly circle is pretty much a triangle with an occasional extra leg with the extra nodes being other fairly introverted peeps as well so I'm not very concerned about stds)

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 8:44 am

I think my thoughts on Polyamory and Polygamy are mostly positive at least at this stage but I don't know the stuff others would. I think it for one allows for less repressed and more open attitudes towards sex. In my experience alone, some of my closest physical and intimate relationships have been with polyamorous people. I think for a world where people are struggling to make these connections and get experience, this can be helpful.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 10:31 am

I almost always have to look up lyrics, the singing is usually unclear.

It wasn't until I started listening to Christian rock that I could understand the lyrics without even looking them up. Christian rock musicians WANT you to understand. :heart:

I can often decipher death metal lyrics without having to look them up. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 10:33 am

Rexi wrote:

Based on the quoted nest, it would appear you are referring to Aunt Blabby. I do not think of Aunt Blabby in these terms and thought that was harsh, if directed at him... you know everyone loves Aunt Blabby, right? That's why this thread faltered on the rocks since Apr. 1st. No one wants to pile on Aunt Blabby. You done mess up, grrrl. :lol:

I don't believe Rexi said anything unreasonable there. It's not flattering but it's not harsh or unfair either.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 11:01 am

Shahunshah wrote:
I think my thoughts on Polyamory and Polygamy are mostly positive at least at this stage but I don't know the stuff others would. I think it for one allows for less repressed and more open attitudes towards sex. In my experience alone, some of my closest physical and intimate relationships have been with polyamorous people. I think for a world where people are struggling to make these connections and get experience, this can be helpful.

I have never gotten close to any poly types, IMHO they must be pretty young and trendy. You and pet may as well be martians from outer space as far as I am concerned. :alien:

Nothing wrong with martians, and I don't really have a firm opinion, other than I would not know how to proceed, myself, if I were with a poly. My instincts are mono so the guidebook I lived my whole life with would be out the window.