Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2021, 8:03 pm

this annoying woman is in my life and i wish she wasnt

she's works with me and my husband and she's been best friends with my husband for years(No sexual relationship involved just best friends))
i trust my husband as he loves me so much he would never two time me but she flirts with him but anyway
she has bipolar and is bisexual and no female friends so she wants me as her female friend
i think she fancies me as well (who doesnt? :roll: :roll:
but im straight
she keeps saying that when this pandemic over she's going to take me abroad for a girly holiday but im not sure i want to

im not interested in having friends the only people in the world i love the most is my son and my husband ,maybe my mother

what do i do with an annoying eccentric woman keep hanging around and being obsessed?
my husband sees no problem with her and says shes a friend but to me shes a pest!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 12:10 am

Just tell her you’re not interested.....

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 5:06 am

Caz72 wrote:

she's works with me and my husband and she's been best friends with my husband for years(No sexual relationship involved just best friends))
i trust my husband as he loves me so much he would never two time me but she flirts with him but anyway
she has bipolar and is bisexual and no female friends so she wants me as her female friend

Too right. :heart:

Caz72 wrote:
but im straight
she keeps saying that when this pandemic over she's going to take me abroad for a girly holiday but im not sure i want to

im not interested in having friends the only people in the world i love the most is my son and my husband ,maybe my mother

How do you feel about skunks? :scratch:

Caz72 wrote:
what do i do with an annoying eccentric woman keep hanging around and being obsessed?
my husband sees no problem with her and says shes a friend but to me shes a pest!

Have you told your husband how you feel about her?

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 12:45 pm

I told her i dont like her...i can be blunt like that if i dont like someone i tell them and hope they will go away but just because im autistic she doesnt take me seriously and just laughs

I do have told my husband about how i feel about her but he wants me to have at least 1 female friend and shes the best female friend i can have apparently

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 12:57 pm

Tell your husband that you don't have a need for female friends, and especially not this one who is so pushy.

I've realised long ago I only have so many spoons in my life. I don't have extras, or enough to accommodate new friendships unless they're online. You don't have any obligation to make friends with a person to please someone else.

My ex's sister is like the woman you describe. She texts me and tries to keep in contact. I don't have the heart to say "I have no interest in being your friend" so I just ignore the texts. I've told my ex because we are still good friends. I hope that's good enough.

If this woman doesn't listen, you can ignore her messages, say "no thank you", or do the grey rock method so she'll get bored of you and move on to someone else.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2021, 2:09 pm

Perhaps because she is a good friend of your husband, she is putting extra effort into being a friend to you because from her perspective she feels like you could use a friend. Maybe you can explain to your husband that you are fine without the friendship so he can find a way to explain to her that you're happy with solitude. Good luck, she probably means well, even if you find her annoying.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 2:17 pm

Sounds like she may be a narcissist.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Apr 2021, 10:35 pm

If she's doing that at work, perhaps you could try telling the manager/supervisor that she is harassing you & you don't want to get her in trouble but you want her to clearly get the message to back off. If you feel the manager isn't listening to you or wanting to be involved, tell em that she is bisexual & she's making comments that might boarder sexual harassment. Her saying that she wants to take you on a girly holiday sounds like it could potentially be a lesbian thing.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2021, 4:59 pm

Tell her that you're not interested and tell the supervisor.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2021, 8:02 am

is there a chance she is Autistic too ?

CollegeGirlAnon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2021, 8:36 am

Caz72 wrote:

but im straight

Just make it clear you are not interested in a holiday. And always direct the conversation to other things if she insists!!

If it escalate inform your supervisor!!

TriPM Score (Taken 05/22/2021):
103 out of 174 points (99th percentile)

ADHD & ASD diagnosis made in childhood.

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 May 2021, 8:29 am

My partner when he worked in a department at the uni he works in had a PHD student take a very unhealthy interest.

First she started off friendly but she put her hand on his leg when he was fixing a laptop and he declined her advances but she would keep logging calls and wait for him till his lunch break started or when he finished and would leave love letters on the IT physical inbox.

Came to a head when he sent emails with her in knickers and bras posing sexually he then reported it to HR and she then turned around saying she and my partner were having an affair and he was forceful but her lies collapsed under investigation for example she tried saying she made love to my partner on a evening where we were actually abroad and she rattled off loads of outrageous lies.

She was expelled and deported as her visa was purely while she studied but I won't lie it caused distress.

innocent21
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jul 2021, 6:08 pm

The longer you say nothing, the harder it'll be to say no.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

she has williams syndrome by the way
i think i didnt mention it here

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 7:55 am

People with Williams Syndrome tend to be the "opposite" of autistic folks in some ways.

They tend to be very pleasant, social people. Very likeable, but very persistent.

They are not very good with "boundaries," frequently.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 8:00 am

Caz72 wrote:
she has williams syndrome by the way
i think i didnt mention it here

Is it possible you are mistaking her desire for friendship as sexual interest? Is she someone you have to interact with on a daily basis?

If you are not interested in a friendship, (I agree with the others here that) a CLEAR boundary definitely needs to be put down as soon as possible. It's not an easy thing to do of course! I hope you can find a way to do this without too much drama!