Why is the US letting so many people over the border?

Page 8 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 11:44 pm

Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Well I never have a problem with immigrants coming in, it's just that in my experience, it was ruined businesses I have worked for in the past to a degree. They would hire immigrants in order to have extremely cheap labor, because the immigrants wouldn't complain about it.

There was a job I worked where they wanted us to work over 60 hours a week for example, and cut down on holidays, and a minority of us non-immigrants would complain to the board about it, but the board would not do anything much because we were a minority and the immigrants would not back us up, even though our employers were technically breaking the labor laws, and the immigrants were silent about it, and that's why the majority of people hired were immigrants I think, because they would keep their mouths shut about it.

So it's not that I have a problem with immigrants coming in at all, it's just I don't like the labor laws being broken because of it. Bring in immigrants but don't break the laws as a result. So its' not that I have a problem with immigration it's just that it bothers me that if they see a crimes such as those, they keep it swept under the rug. And the economy gets worse because of it, so I am all for immigration as long as they don't use that as an excuse to break labor laws.

Corporations don’t usually care about labour laws , until they are caught , Then because they are corporations.
It usually is a slap on the wrist or at best a fine. The difference between Corporation’s and humans is quite obvious.
One is a slave to the corporation , the other is a supporting member of the larger economy. 8O

Yeah that's true, but the more immigrants they hire, the more they are able to get away with it. Is there a way we could welcome immigration without corporations taking advantage of breaking the labor laws as a result?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 11:58 pm

:mrgreen: I have no idea unless immigration depot gives close supervision to each and everyone?

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 12:01 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Why Is The US Letting So Many People Over The Border?

Umm, maybe because there aren't enough tunnels to let them under the border?
:lol: :wink:

Lolololozzzzz. :D

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 12:35 am

Jakki wrote:
:mrgreen: I have no idea unless immigration depot gives close supervision to each and everyone?

Or just change the way the laws are broken, like create harsher penalties for those who break them. For example, when an employer I worked for was breaking the labor laws, and immigrants were sweeping it under the rug, he was find 10K, but the employer thought he could just pay it, and make the money back and still continue to break the laws. Harsher penalties would probably help, so that immigrants will not sweep such issues under the rug, and therefore immigration would not cause problems that way then.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 8:02 am

Interesting , media here just interviewed a group of immigrants from a single village In Guatemala,
Whom are trying to cross the border . During the interview , as I had heard this years ago that these immigrants are intending to work and send their money back across the border to their extended families .
Now understand helping family whom needs money . But actions like these do noting to serve the current US economy. If the money is just going out and none or very little is spent in the area they are inhabiting,while they are in the US . Wouldn’t this only offer to support and expand a poverty class for the country ,which is losing the money.
This just occurred to me during my watching of the local news .
Perhaps these same immigrants could stay in their country and strive to make improvements to their own countries economy? Or governments ? Or am I just being ignorant of this group of peoples situations . Who is to say these people will find certain employments or be forced by circumstances,( if they cannot find work) ,they may have to turn to crime to support themselves , after having arrived here ? Or become a burden on our Social Systems ,These are just curiosities about these situations?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 4:57 pm

One thing I noticed is that in photos some of the immigrants crossing the border, are wearing T-shirts that say Biden on. Where do they get these shirts? Does the Biden administration have people making them in Mexico for them or something?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 5:16 pm

ironpony wrote:
One thing I noticed is that in photos some of the immigrants crossing the border, are wearing T-shirts that say Biden on. Where do they get these shirts? Does the Biden administration have people making them in Mexico for them or something?

Am sorry but , I just had to lol , when you wrote about the Biden shirts

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 5:34 pm

ironpony wrote:

Why would the Biden people try to get them to wear clothes that are only going to fuel xenophobic people into making more conspiracy theories? I wouldn't assume their use of the Biden campaign logo is authorized or desired without evidence to support that assumption.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 5:54 pm

ironpony wrote:

Probably the fanatical NGOs that collude with traffickers. It's unlikely to be the actual government.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 6:34 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Why would the Biden people try to get them to wear clothes that are only going to fuel xenophobic people into making more conspiracy theories? I wouldn't assume their use of the Biden campaign logo is authorized or desired without evidence to support that assumption.

Well is the US government doing anything to shut down the T-shirt makers then, or it's no big deal?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

ironpony wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Well is the US government doing anything to shut down the T-shirt makers then, or it's no big deal?

How high of priority should they make shutting down unauthorized use of a logo they own compared to the pandemic and all of the other substantial issues they have on their plate at the moment?

It doesn't have to be no big deal to still not warrant any actual attention.

Sadly they might waste time and effort on it if far-right media makes enough of a stink because they're more worried about being criticized from the right than they do about criticisms from people who might vote for them.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 9:03 pm

True, good points. So if the immigrants are trying to cause xenophobia with the T-shirts, why would they want to do that, if I am understanding that correct?

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 9:09 pm

Because the US is soft and naively altruistic. And anyone that questions the immigration is far-right or nazi.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 11:50 pm

One thing I noticed is one of the reasons why republicans are weary of immigrants coming in is covid. They were weary of flights coming in because of covid as well.

But democrats are not afraid of covid it seems and wants to risk it for the sake of welcoming in flights and immigrants. Are democrats just more comfortable with covid and more risky that way possibly?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 12:18 am

ironpony wrote:
True, good points. So if the immigrants are trying to cause xenophobia with the T-shirts, why would they want to do that, if I am understanding that correct?

They might be tone-deaf and hoping to pander. I don't imagine they intend to cause xenophobia, how would that help them?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 12:35 am

I don't know, it was just said they may be causing xenophobia with the shirts, so I was wondering how it would, or what the intent with the shirts was.