I'm scared to have the COVID vaccine

Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:15 pm

I keep seeing news reports that other European countries are refusing the vaccine because it is not safe. I know a lot of people have had the vaccine in the UK but what if it does have some sort of dangerous effect that can occur long term? Like everyone may be OK now but I mean in another year or so people might start reporting unusual, life-threatening ailments, like blood turning hard or blood cells becoming cancerous, etc.

I don't blame people who listen to these conspiracy theories against COVID vaccines. At the beginning of the pandemic they were saying that any COVID vaccines would take at least 18 months to produce, but this has taken half that time. I know scientists were working around the clock to produce these vaccines but it was still incredibly fast. Why can't they find a cure for cancer this fast? Some vaccines took 10 years to develop.

I'm so scared to have mine. :(

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:26 pm

Me too. I don't know for sure if they've tested it on autistic people, or people with various health issues. I have strong and adverse reactions to many meds, and it makes me feel uneasy. I'm not anti-vacc in general but the research on these vaccines and on the virus itself changes so rapidly, I can't keep up.

PearlsofWisdom
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Mar 2021, 7:30 pm

I'm determined to have my two doses of a vaccine backed by British manufacturers.
I and my family have had covid, so any side effects should be minimal especially as I should have anti bodies from it. My father had the so called bad zenica Sunday and he appears fine thus far. There's hope in the vaccine, chances are I'll get the Moderna and be done with it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:37 pm

It's better to get the vaccine....than not get the vaccine.

There have been very few severe side effects from the administration of all the vaccines that are out now.

I can understand the concern----but all vaccines could potentially have side effects. It's much better, say, to have mild side effects from the polio vaccine than it is to get polio.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:44 pm

Yes but it's also better to not have Covid, than to develop serious complications from a vaccine. If you're going to compare the possibilities, it's important to view them both ways.

I'm certainly not a threat to anyone's health. I don't leave the house and I'm extremely cautious / OCD about transmission.

It's not even available for me until October or November, so I hope I'll know more about it by then.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:47 pm

I hope they do know more about it by then.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:53 pm

I just worry because of various other countries refusing the vaccine, like they know something we don't. What if the rest of the world want the UK and the US dead for whatever reason?

I'm worrying more about long term effects from the vaccine? What if the vaccine will kill everyone in a year or so? Like radiation from a nuclear bomb. I know people that have already been vaccinated seem OK but can vaccinations have long term effects?

Quote:
Me too. I don't know for sure if they've tested it on autistic people

Surely at least one person in the 20 million people who have been vaccinated in the UK have autism. I hope it doesn't do anything to my brain. What if it gives me epilepsy? Or are adult Asperger's brains that fragile?

Last edited by Joe90 on 15 Mar 2021, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:53 pm

My mother is getting it on Weds. She'll be the first person I know to receive the vaccine.

It's only for people over 80, so far.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't said I'm against it. I'm just scared to do it because of my health history.

Is it true that it changes a person's DNA?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My mother is getting it on Weds. She'll be the first person I know to receive the vaccine.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't said I'm against it. I'm just scared to do it because of my health history.

In the UK they have vaccinated the elderly and the vulnerable. Now they're doing people over 50, healthy or not. My mum has cancer and is right in the middle of chemotherapy but she had the vaccine a month ago and seems fine.

The UK has had COVID quite bad over here and I think the government is just so desperate to get the economy running again, which might be why they're dishing out the vaccines so quickly. But I'm just scared to have it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 7:58 pm

It's impossible for a vaccine to change a person's DNA.

A person is born with a certain DNA that cannot be changed (except, theoretically, by some sort of "gene therapy").

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:00 pm

Joe90 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

In the UK they have vaccinated the elderly and the vulnerable. Now they're doing people over 50, healthy or not. My mum has cancer and is right in the middle of chemotherapy but she had the vaccine a month ago and seems fine.

The UK has had COVID quite bad over here and I think the government is just so desperate to get the economy running again, which might be why they're dishing out the vaccines so quickly. But I'm just scared to have it.

I'm so glad your mum is doing fine after her injection. My mother is 82 and she has cancer too. She has no concerns or reservations about getting it. She's not autistic though. My body just doesn't like meds. My doctor is always shocked that I"m "atypical" in my response to just about every illness or medication. It's daunting. I also worry about my daughter who is on the spectrum and suffering from Lupus Nephritis. I haven't seen any research on those parameters. She isn't allowed any other seasonal or flu vaccines because her body will overact to foreign invaders. Her kidneys are already failing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:07 pm

My mother is 86 and has had both injections. No problems. She is immunocompromised via taking prednisone. She tends to react "funny" to medications.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:09 pm

Thanks for the info.

We'll be talking to her Rheumatologist and Nephrologist on the 6th, for directions.

I'll post whatever I learn.

She used to take Prednisone but now is just on three other immunosuppressants, including Hydroxycholoroquine and two which help to keep her kidneys in remission.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:20 pm

I'm so sorry about you, your daughter and your mother. *Hugs to all of you*

I don't usually react badly to medications or injections. Sertraline was the first antidepressant I ever tried, and although they don't make me less anxious, I have not actually had a rage outburst since I took my first dose, which was back in 2014. Obviously I still have my moments but I've not had a rage outburst in 7 years. Also I had/have no side effects either.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:21 pm

I am SO glad that this topic has been opened!
The reason that these shots have been made available so remarkably soon after the formulas were developed is because they have not had the YEARS of testing that others had.
The Salk Sabin Polio vaccine had something like ten years of tests; animals for years, then human trials.
This plague/pandemic is killing people so fast, and is spreading so horribly, they released it without the extensive testing we have come to expect.
One of the vaccines is already apparently being stopped; please check today’s news;
I cannot remember which one it is.
There have been MANY bad reactions here in America, and there is no guarantee with ANY of them that anyone has 100% coverage.
I work at a hospital.
I can get free Covid shots.
I told them ‘No thank you’.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2021, 8:28 pm

Hi Sylkat, and thanks for that info!

Someone's getting rich by pushing these vaccines. That's all I can say for sure. I can only imagine the payoffs and the corruption of big pharma. I don't trust bureaucrats or millionaires very easily.

Does it actually alter our DNA? What is this thing about spiky DNA protein structures? Does it revert back to normal?

I'd love to know more about the research trials and the way it works.