Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 2:04 pm

I’ll check when I get home, Hero. I recall it said you can take as much as your body will tolerate without getting an upset stomach. I’m not sure offhand what I settled on. It’s no miracle but it does seem to reduce the pitch a bit.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 3:07 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The only thing I take that kind of helps my tinnitus, is Magnesium.

What dose of magnesium do you take for your tinnitus? The fact that magnesium helps is interesting, I haven't heard of that before.

Hmm, interesting, I too do not recall having heard of that.
Which doesn't necessarily mean I never was given the info before, just that I have no recall of seeing/hearing it before.

But, yeah, kind of helping this 'three tone carrier wave' would be better than not helping at all.

Can remember a hearing test in 1980s where one of the tones the test used exactly matched the tone of the tinnitus at that time.
Didn't help them figure out a cause or a treatment, though.
But it was interesting to note.
And, no, I don't remember the hertz frequency here 40 years later.

Am already taking a calcium-magnesium-zinc supplement as a matter of course.
Looks like higher level of magnesium that it has is what is required.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 3:56 pm

Sorry to hear you suffer as well, kitesandtrains.

I just checked and I take two x 250mg.

I've been taking it for a couple of years so I'm kind of acclimatised to it, but I remember in the beginning I felt like it did reduce the pitch. I can't remember my pitch either because those online simulations freak me out, but I don't think I ever found one that matches exactly. It's extremely high-pitched like it's radioactive, but it wavers in tone a little bit too.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 5:29 pm

Okay, thanks!

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's extremely high-pitched like it's radioactive, but it wavers in tone a little bit too.

And that sure sounds familiar.
Have you ever had that thing where you are getting a different tone, pitch, waver, from each side?

And then for the sake of trivia, I'm pretty sure my tinnitus has no relationship, unless the laws of cause and effect physics have been lying to us all along, to going to concerts or to now having high blood pressure since I can remember it as far back as 5th grade, easily 5 or 6 years before I ever went to a concert & at that time of life my blood pressure ran low and I had to be careful how fast I stood up.