Is it normal to feel like this in your early 20's?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 11:21 am

You're only as old as the people you feel! :D 8)

But, yes. Normal. Even for NT's. Even Joe Rogan had a popular rant about how people are adults but omg no one knows wtf they're doing! :lol: And then when people really age, when they're in their 80's and 90's, they say things like my grandmother did - "I look in the mirror and wonder who this old person is."

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 5:18 pm

Well, my first deadline is the 22nd this month, followed by a deadline on the 29th. Then my last deadline is on the 6th of May, so if you see me online less often, don't panic, chances are I'm probably busy animating.

My first deadline is motion graphics, which is a form of animation. Often brief and used in advertising, it is usually comprised of simple shapes and movements to illustrate a point being made.

The next deadline is visual effects. For this particular project I am combining a mixture of 3d animation and live action footage. Then I'm adding some post-production effects.

Finally, in regards to the last deadline - I had to cut it down considerably. I wanted to build a game, but due to time restrictions, I am now creating an advert to promote the game instead of coding my levels. When I graduate I plan to code my game in full and make my game plan a reality. Although I also agreed to create some promotional material for a family member's business and I'll be job hunting as well so I'll have a considerable amount of plates spinning even after I graduate. At least the material will look good on my portfolio. I also need to get my CV finalised.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 6:52 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Well, my first deadline is the 22nd this month, followed by a deadline on the 29th. Then my last deadline is on the 6th of May, so if you see me online less often, don't panic, chances are I'm probably busy animating.

My first deadline is motion graphics, which is a form of animation. Often brief and used in advertising, it is usually comprised of simple shapes and movements to illustrate a point being made.

The next deadline is visual effects. For this particular project I am combining a mixture of 3d animation and live action footage. Then I'm adding some post-production effects.

Finally, in regards to the last deadline - I had to cut it down considerably. I wanted to build a game, but due to time restrictions, I am now creating an advert to promote the game instead of coding my levels. When I graduate I plan to code my game in full and make my game plan a reality. Although I also agreed to create some promotional material for a family member's business and I'll be job hunting as well so I'll have a considerable amount of plates spinning even after I graduate. At least the material will look good on my portfolio. I also need to get my CV finalised.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2021, 8:43 am

Pepe wrote:

TY.

Last week of lessons next week - it feels surreal that it's coming to an end.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 5:56 am

The bad news : I've had to get two extensions to deal with workload. Fortunately, they've been fairly lenient with extensions this year.

Good news : My graduation ceremony may still be taking place. It's been moved to November and I'm hoping things will be fairly normal by then. People have been speculating about a possible fourth lockdown, but there better not be. If we don't have it together by November then I'm going to lose it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2021, 6:00 am

Some more good news: I finished and handed in one of my projects! 8)

Now I just have two more to do - my finish date is now 20th May. I get my final results back 18th June.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2021, 2:51 pm

Make that one project left to complete. :cat:

So close now.