Why Some People Wind Up Becoming 30 Year Old Virgins

Page 5 of 13 [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 9:25 am

It would be but maybe it would be worth it? But I guess the only the government will consider this, is if lots of people (probably mostly ASD people who are willing), would have to take to the streets and protest this for quite a while?

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2022, 12:33 pm

ironpony wrote:
It would be but maybe it would be worth it? But I guess the only the government will consider this, is if lots of people (probably mostly ASD people who are willing), would have to take to the streets and protest this for quite a while?

Maybe if it was part of a larger push for criminal justice reform. Just a thought. Canada appears to be somewhat accepting of it. It is legal in some counties in Nevada, U.S.A. Some places that have it have a historical precedent for it or value personal liberties. At least one place in the U.S. that decriminalized marijuana did it in a larger push against racial discrimination.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2022, 3:22 pm

JimJohn wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Maybe if it was part of a larger push for criminal justice reform. Just a thought. Canada appears to be somewhat accepting of it. It is legal in some counties in Nevada, U.S.A. Some places that have it have a historical precedent for it or value personal liberties. At least one place in the U.S. that decriminalized marijuana did it in a larger push against racial discrimination.

But then autistic people are going to have to argue the criminal justice reform side of it rather than the psychological medical benefits side of it for them. Wouldn't it look better if they just stuck to arguing that point, rather than turning it into a criminal justice reform thing?

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2022, 3:57 pm

ironpony wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
ironpony wrote:

But then autistic people are going to have to argue the criminal justice reform side of it rather than the psychological medical benefits side of it for them. Wouldn't it look better if they just stuck to arguing that point, rather than turning it into a criminal justice reform thing?

I think autistic people could join a coalition. Politics is a numbers game. The majority of autistic people are most likely against it so that decreases the numbers further.

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 12:55 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
I barely found out today, that Justin Bieber is reported to have paid for sex as well.

I think that's a case of "you don't pay a prostitute to come and have sex with you, you pay them to go away when the act is done".

There's something to be said for dealing with a pro, when you are a celebrity, and avoiding the potential pitfalls of boinking a deranged fan.

Darron

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:09 am

The US isn't going to legalize prostitution for quite a while. So if you live in the US and you're really desperate to get laid, maybe you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Nevada, and you can go there and head on over to the Bunny Ranch where it's completely legal to buy and sell sex. But I heard that it's fairly expensive so be prepared to shell out anywhere from $500 to $2000 for a "good time".

I'd go there but the problem is I live 25+ hours away :'(

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:27 am

Muse933277 wrote:
The truth is that there are so many traits and variables that can come together to determine your likelihood of winding up being a 30 year old who's never dated before.

Speaking as a 53-year-old man who never made the slightest attempt to date until the age of 30, I can perhaps offer some insight.

Although I must admit that sex can be a very wonderful experience, it should be seen for what it is, a primitive, animalistic activity that evolution has instilled an instinctual desire for. Except "in the moment", it can be objectively determined to be unworthy of the inflated value often assigned to it.

After "losing my virginity" (What a silly term!) at age 30, I've been in or out of sexual relationships since then, mostly out. And I've been essentially celibate for the last 6 years, and lose little sleep over this, even though I'm technically "Involuntarily Celibate".

I fully realize that my experience may not translate well for others, and if you believe that your "needs" greatly exceed mine, you may well be correct!

But try to temper the very high value you seem to place on getting laid with the realization that sex is perhaps not the be-all and end-all that it may seem now.

(Here's where a cinematic narrative would insert the trope that once you reach a state of peace with celibacy, you'll be drowning in p****!) :D

Darron

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:42 am

GadgetGuru wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
The truth is that there are so many traits and variables that can come together to determine your likelihood of winding up being a 30 year old who's never dated before.

Speaking as a 53-year-old man who never made the slightest attempt to date until the age of 30, I can perhaps offer some insight.

Although I must admit that sex can be a very wonderful experience, it should be seen for what it is, a primitive, animalistic activity that evolution has instilled an instinctual desire for. Except "in the moment", it can be objectively determined to be unworthy of the inflated value often assigned to it.

After "losing my virginity" (What a silly term!) at age 30, I've been in or out of sexual relationships since then, mostly out. And I've been essentially celibate for the last 6 years, and lose little sleep over this, even though I'm technically "Involuntarily Celibate".

I fully realize that my experience may not translate well for others, and if you believe that your "needs" greatly exceed mine, you may well be correct!

But try to temper the very high value you seem to place on getting laid with the realization that sex is perhaps not the be-all and end-all that it may seem now.

(Here's where a cinematic narrative would insert the trope that once you reach a state of peace with celibacy, you'll be drowning in p****!) :D

Darron

But why aren't there any women have difficulty getting sex as well that men who have trouble can try to hook up with? Do all women seriously have no problem getting laid and men will take anything?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:50 am

Trust me…..there are involuntarily celibate women out there.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 1:55 am

If there are, could involuntarily celibate guys go for them then?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:06 am

A lot of these toxic incel men would probably benefit from visiting a prostitute. Maybe if they have sex with a working professional, they'll realize that sex isn't that big of a deal and stop fixating on it so much.

If Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian had visited visited prostitutes, maybe they would never killed a bunch of people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:08 am

Muse933277 wrote:
A lot of these toxic incel men would probably benefit from visiting a prostitute.  Maybe if they have sex with a working professional, they'll realize that sex isn't that big of a deal and stop fixating on it so much.  If Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian had visited visited prostitutes, maybe they would never killed a bunch of people.
Or maybe there would be a lot of dead prostitutes in their neighborhoods.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:13 am

Muse933277 wrote:
A lot of these toxic incel men would probably benefit from visiting a prostitute. Maybe if they have sex with a working professional, they'll realize that sex isn't that big of a deal and stop fixating on it so much.

If Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian had visited visited prostitutes, maybe they would never killed a bunch of people.

Well people don't want to visit prostitutes because it's illegal and therefore they do not want to commit a crime, but Elliot Rodgers also commited mass murder which is illegal too, so it seems me he didn't care about breaking the law, so therefore, wouldn't he not care to break the law with a prostitute?

GadgetGuru
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:50 am

ironpony wrote:
But why aren't there any women have difficulty getting sex as well that men who have trouble can try to hook up with? Do all women seriously have no problem getting laid and men will take anything?

There are indeed women out there that are involuntarily celibate, for a variety of reasons.

But I think it's fair to say that women are less likely to want to "hook up", at least after a certain age.

I know a woman my age who has been single for more than a decade. She is highly intelligent, thoughtful and considerate. I have no doubt that she could find "a partner" if she so desired, but her experiences in this realm have led her to prefer (or tolerate?) solitude. She said she did try a dalliance some years back, and was left nonplussed by the experience.

Even in the case of a specific woman who is both involuntarily celibate and ready to seek a superficial sexual relationship, that doesn't mean that she will necessarily accept just anyone as a partner, especially if she has a significant "history", and knows what she wants (and doesn't want!). Don't confuse receptivity with desperation.

Darron

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2022, 9:58 am

ironpony wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
A lot of these toxic incel men would probably benefit from visiting a prostitute.  Maybe if they have sex with a working professional, they'll realize that sex isn't that big of a deal and stop fixating on it so much.  If Elliot Rodger or Alex Minassian had visited visited prostitutes, maybe they would never killed a bunch of people.
Well people don't want to visit prostitutes because it's illegal and therefore they do not want to commit a crime, but Elliot Rodgers also commited mass murder which is illegal too, so it seems me he didn't care about breaking the law, so therefore, wouldn't he not care to break the law with a prostitute?
You are overthinking the situation.

Prostitutes are not the answer; educating men about relationships is.

But when one's personal identity is wrapped up in all that Incel nonsense, such education would likely be ignored.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2022, 5:10 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
The US isn't going to legalize prostitution for quite a while. So if you live in the US and you're really desperate to get laid, maybe you're fortunate enough to live within driving distance of Nevada, and you can go there and head on over to the Bunny Ranch where it's completely legal to buy and sell sex. But I heard that it's fairly expensive so be prepared to shell out anywhere from $500 to $2000 for a "good time".

I'd go there but the problem is I live 25+ hours away :'(

You can fly. But, if you can fly it opens up other alternatives. You can fly to Mexico, Costa Rica or the Dominican Republic in the same amount of time someone can fly to Nevada. I realize some people can't do that. 25 hours gets someone half way around the world.