Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 6:23 pm

More often than not, there's more emphasis here on WP on intimate AS/NT relationships than AS/NT (platonic) friendships.

What has proven helpful in developing platonic AS/NT friendships is too often overlooked; that is developing platonic AS/NT friendships can be favorable in setting the stage in developing intimate relationships.

First things first.Details in LINK: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=395130&p=8743128#p8743128

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:49 am

This seems to a sensible approach. NTs are surprisingly open and devoted to you once they get to know you and have things in common.

The part I find cumbersome (as I get older and fixed in my ways) is getting to know the blighters.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 2:47 pm

cyberdad wrote:
This seems to a sensible approach. NTs are surprisingly open and devoted to you once they get to know you and have things in common.

The part I find cumbersome (as I get older and fixed in my ways) is getting to know the blighters.

Thank-you for your response!

Again, the main difficulties are "breaking the ice" both here on WP -as well as in real life (esp. with a pandemic) - that is the quality people playing those awesome roles in encouraging successful AS/NT friendships are verrry elusive to find!

Can such quality people PLEASE chime in to this discussion thread??

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:37 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Again, the main difficulties are "breaking the ice" both here on WP -as well as in real life (esp. with a pandemic) - that is the quality people playing those awesome roles in encouraging successful AS/NT friendships are verrry elusive to find!

Just a warning that I've been on WP since 2011 and when I've mentioned I haven't made any friends here I get debated on "what does friendship actually mean" so I have given up,

Make it a point do it f2f

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 4:25 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Just a warning that I've been on WP since 2011 and when I've mentioned I haven't made any friends here I get debated on "what does friendship actually mean" so I have given up,

OOOOOKAY.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 1:02 am

hmmmm is that crickets I hear chirping ?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 2:12 pm

Being the 'Social Skills & Making Friends' Forum, 'Reassessing AS/NT Friendships' discussion thread, I've noted specific activities which can potentially "break the ice" within settings encouraging successful AS/NT friendships/relationships...........in this disc. thread!

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:43 am

cyberdad wrote:

Is there a reason why you don't mention your approximate location (at least your country, and, if it's a large country, your province/state/region and/or nearest major metro area) in your profile?

Doing so would increase the likelihood of finding people here whom you could eventually meet in person and become real life friends. Even so the likelihood might not be very high, but NOT including your location makes the likelihood a lot lower than it would otherwise be.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 6:39 pm

Thank-you for bumping-up this discussion thread:

In the WP Forum 'Art, Writing and Music' - here is a discussion thread (LINK) which not only reassess AS/NT friendships, but advocates concrete approaches proven to "break the ice" so to speak!

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=395602&p=8767489#p8767489

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 3:05 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Is there a reason why you don't mention your approximate location (at least your country, and, if it's a large country, your province/state/region and/or nearest major metro area) in your profile?

Doing so would increase the likelihood of finding people here whom you could eventually meet in person and become real life friends. Even so the likelihood might not be very high, but NOT including your location makes the likelihood a lot lower than it would otherwise be.

To be fair I'm not really trying anymore.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 12:55 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Thank-you for bumping-up this discussion thread:

In the WP Forum 'Art, Writing and Music' - here is a discussion thread (LINK) which not only reassess AS/NT friendships, but advocates concrete approaches proven to "break the ice" so to speak!

LINK: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=395602&p=8767489#p8767489

-------

Here is a (LINK) to the WP Discussion thread pertaining to the purpose of the 'Social-Skills & Making Friends' Forum - 'For NTs' (also can be titled 'For NT-like people on the Spectrum')

As of this writing, there are 50 posts in this disc. thread. The original post, and latest posts appear to "break the ice" so to speak.

The discussion thread seems like living proof of what happens when one attempts to put words to the unwritten rules of friendships, social skills, AS/NT roles, etc. etc......etc.

LINK: viewtopic.php?t=395573