Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 8:42 pm

If you been drinking alot of water & I know it flushes out the bad stuff in your body, when you go to the bathroom, will it turn into pee or a bowel movement? I’m not sure.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2021, 8:52 pm

simplified complicated answer, is it depends. it will go both places, proportion to each end is variable. your BMs will be more voluminous and you will pee more.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 1:21 am

The human body has a complex feedback mechanism that constantly adjusts fluid balance.
Essentially it ensures there is adequate water for maintaining all necessary body systems and the remainder is discarded through the kidneys. It's a good thing to remain well hydrated, particularly in hot climates, some people "learn" not to respond to the thirst sensation. However it is foolish to go consuming litres of water for no reason, in the short term your body just excretes it in urine, long term you can have issues with low electrolyte levels, particularly sodium.

If your urine is a very light yellow colour you're adequately hydrated.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:06 am

kitty, please listen to the signals your body sends you.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:20 am

Eurythmic wrote:
The human body has a complex feedback mechanism that constantly adjusts fluid balance.
Essentially it ensures there is adequate water for maintaining all necessary body systems and the remainder is discarded through the kidneys. It's a good thing to remain well hydrated, particularly in hot climates, some people "learn" not to respond to the thirst sensation. However it is foolish to go consuming litres of water for no reason, in the short term your body just excretes it in urine, long term you can have issues with low electrolyte levels, particularly sodium.

If your urine is a very light yellow colour you're adequately hydrated.

In the mornings, my pee is dark yellow, it is kinda gross looking at your pee.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 3:34 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

that is a sign you sleep soundly, as pee that accumulates tends to be dark. but it is always a good idea to listen to your body's thirst signals and drink appropriate amounts of water.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 7:47 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

If you sleep well, you may be dehydrated by the morning.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 7:49 am

the key thing is to not let the urine STAY that color, immediately get some water.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 8:43 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

In the mornings, my pee is dark yellow

That's completely normal and nothing to be concerned about. Have a couple of glasses of water and get on with your day.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 8:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
simplified complicated answer, is it depends. it will go both places, proportion to each end is variable. your BMs will be more voluminous and you will pee more.

My BM can it be diarrhea if is voluminous? I had to look up voluminous.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 8:31 pm

I been drinking alot of water everyday, twice this week, I drank 6 cups. Not only water is helping me, I have fiber pills with digestion health, fiber helping my Psoriasis to get better & lighter :D :D :heart: :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 8:33 pm

diarrhea is definitely NOT good. hope you're not having any of THAT. instead of "pencil poop" you'll be having more like polish sausage-sized poop which is more normal. and it sounds like you're doing better :wtg: there is an old expression, "the solution to pollution is dilution" meaning drinking more water helps flush out bad things from your body.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 7:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
diarrhea is definitely NOT good. hope you're not having any of THAT. instead of "pencil poop" you'll be having more like polish sausage-sized poop which is more normal. and it sounds like you're doing better :wtg: there is an old expression, "the solution to pollution is dilution" meaning drinking more water helps flush out bad things from your body.

I don’t have diarrhea anymore, when I did had diarrhea, it turned out I have colitis.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 7:10 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I don’t have diarrhea anymore, when I did had diarrhea, it turned out I have colitis.

is your colitis being treated effectively now?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 1:28 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

is your colitis being treated effectively now?

I have no medicine. I’m not having coffee, cheese, bread, I cut down on dairy, it been hard. I can eat white bread. I need to go grocery shopping, I don’t know what foods to buy.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 2:04 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I have no medicine. I’m not having coffee, cheese, bread, I cut down on dairy, it been hard. I can eat white bread. I need to go grocery shopping, I don’t know what foods to buy.

bread is prolly the worst food you can eat for multiple reasons. that said, i am curious as to how your regimen makes you feel in the coming days and weeks.