Where did the people associate gays with pedos :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:45 pm

Where did the association of Homosexuals with paedophiles come from? As if someone who is heterosexual(straight) could not be perv :(

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:55 pm

Some homophobes tend to ignore or normalize heterosexual pedophilia.

Additionally historic social biases might have impacted how MSM were able to express their sexuality and might have made some people act out in unhealthy ways.

Finally men who have some homoerotic leanings but also a lot of internalized self-hatred might have deep-seated fears of attracting another man's interest and then worry about who they find attractive and therefore who might be interested in them.

But I'm only guessing. :nerdy:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 5:56 pm

I can think of this old 1960s anti-gay propaganda that pretty much made the two the same thing.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 6:09 pm

There's a chain of logic these people use which goes:
"Being gay is unnatural. This means that no-one starts out gay. So they must be turned gay by Predatory Older Homosexuals Preying On Our Youth." The meme is so strong that even today, you'd have to be very brave to be a out gay (or trans) schoolteacher in just about every country in the world.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 6:21 pm

I don't know if homosexuals and pedofiles are necessarily associated together
especially not in this modern day, where most people are more than accepting of people who are of various sexual identities etc.

When it comes to pedofiles, i guess some of them are gay and there have been several serial killers in history who preyed upon young men and even little boys.

But as time has gone on, we now know that the motivation behind why people molest children can be different,
where some people are truly sexually attracted to children, where others, molest children not necessarily purely through having sexual urges but through holding strange religious beliefs (such as those who practice black magik etc), and those who molest children for magical beliefs can be male or female.

There also may be some who end up doing such horrific things to children because they have sustained brain damage or have been conditioned into doing such horrible things through upbringing.

I personally find it all horrifying. Think that such people if caught should be locked up for life or given the option to euthanasia. If it was up to me, if the people can not be cured, then they need to be kept away from normal safe society, as they will inevitably be a danger to others otherwise.

If they have to be kept away, I would get them housed in their own prison. Treated humanely. But not given encouragement in their abnormal interests. And once locked up, they would never be allowed to mix with children ever again.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2021, 6:29 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Where did the association of Homosexuals with paedophiles come from? As if someone who is heterosexual(straight) could not be perv :(

Also to add to that, on the TV press, they always try to associate pedophiles wirh men as the press have a very anti male agenda, and the pedophile ladies are always seen as victims unless they happen to be school teachers in which they are then seen as pedophiles. But look at how the press condition people into thinking that pedophiles are nasty males that go about raping children (Which I am not saying this does not happen as sadly it does). But here in Wales (UK) I once read in my local newspaper a statement that the head of our police department made who was complaining about our laws, as he was saying that a large percentage (I think it was around 80% or if it was lower it was still high) of all the men he was putting on the sex offenders register (Notice how rare it is for a woman to go on the resister despite how many women also this can apply to) were young men of the ages between 16 and 18 where the consent was given to have sex with their girlfriends who happened to be just under the age where sex was legally allowed, and under the UK laws, those young men are classed as pedophiles for the rest of their lives, and he said it was very unfair to be given this label.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 1:06 am

The worst part about growing up in an environment where being gay was casually synonymized with pedophilia is that I saw the homosexuality in myself as something evil. It's hard enough learning to accept yourself when people tell you that same-sex attraction is wrong, but if they also get it in your head that feeling that way means you will turn into a pedophile and a murderer, I mean... honestly that's the kind of thing that made me want to hit the reset button.

Not anymore thankfully.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2021, 1:28 am

It was people wanting to enforce Sharia Law or the Evangelical Christian equivalent.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!