Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 9:36 am

With all I hear about what all different levels of government are doing in areas all around the country are doing all around the country are doing toake things better, I must ask one big question:

Why am I having to use a nuclear warhead to kill a housefly?

I have been working for years on how to deal with a narcissistic family member and experienced no luck with multiple attempts with local law enforcement. Now my only option is to play on the big leagues to negotiate Quid Pro Quo with federal authorities to try and advocate for myself and try to just have a normal life.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 9:40 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
I have been working for years on how to deal with a narcissistic family member and experienced no luck with multiple attempts with local law enforcement. Now my only option is to play on the big leagues to negotiate Quid Pro Quo with federal authorities to try and advocate for myself and try to just have a normal life.

Are you able to explain this in more depth? It sounds hyperbolic but I don't think you're exaggerating, only that enough detail hasn't been provided to understand the situation.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this situation and I hope we can either help or at least help with coping.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 9:40 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
With all I hear about what all different levels of government are doing in areas all around the country are doing all around the country are doing toake things better, I must ask one big question:

If you want to involve Law Enforcement in dealing with a narcissist, then you must first have proof that the person is breaking the law -- something more than your mere say-so.

But if all that is going on is that someone's behavior annoys you or that you are jealous of them, then your only recourse is to avoid that person whenever possible, or simply deal with the situation like a mature adult.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 9:53 am

Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

If you want to involve Law Enforcement in dealing with a narcissist, then you must first have proof that the person is breaking the law -- something more than your mere say-so.

But if all that is going on is that someone's behavior annoys you or that you are jealous of them, then your only recourse is to avoid that person whenever possible, or simply deal with the situation like a mature adult.

Domestic violence is a federal law, in my state abuse of disabled person is also illegal in my state. But I can't get any law enforcement on a lower level to try to listen to me long enough for me to make my point.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:02 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

If you want to involve Law Enforcement in dealing with a narcissist, then you must first have proof that the person is breaking the law -- something more than your mere say-so.  But if all that is going on is that someone's behavior annoys you or that you are jealous of them, then your only recourse is to avoid that person whenever possible, or simply deal with the situation like a mature adult.
Domestic violence is a federal law, in my state abuse of disabled person is also illegal in my state. But I can't get any law enforcement on a lower level to try to listen to me long enough for me to make my point.
You do not "make a point" with Law Enforcement.  You or your lawyer must file a complaint, and provide evidence to prove "Probable Cause" for further investigation.

However, if everything is peaceful and quiet when the cops show up, and no one confesses or claims to be a victim, then Law Enforcement has no Probable Cause, and no one gets arrested.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

Are you able to explain this in more depth? It sounds hyperbolic but I don't think you're exaggerating, only that enough detail hasn't been provided to understand the situation.

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this situation and I hope we can either help or at least help with coping.

I am having to go to the extremes with my backgrounds in accounting in college for turning over some information about a lot of money to aid in the financial crisis and also some personal experiences for some other tidbits of information about other things all to get some sort of help from someone in law enforcement.

So far, the only cop willing to listen is only willing to listen is only willing to offer emotional support because of a conflict of interest. The cop used to change my diapers while my mom went to work.

I don't need emotional support, I need people to write their Congressmen and help get me out of this hell.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:09 am

Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

If you want to involve Law Enforcement in dealing with a narcissist, then you must first have proof that the person is breaking the law -- something more than your mere say-so.  But if all that is going on is that someone's behavior annoys you or that you are jealous of them, then your only recourse is to avoid that person whenever possible, or simply deal with the situation like a mature adult.
You do not "make a point" with Law Enforcement.  You or your lawyer must file a complaint, and provide evidence to prove "Probable Cause" for further investigation.

However, if everything is peaceful and quiet when the cops show up, and no one confesses or claims to be a victim, then Law Enforcement has no Probable Cause, and no one gets arrested.

What mean when I say "Make a point" is I get blown off with them saying "that is a civil matter" even when I have plenty of cuts and bruises to show for.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:13 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

I am having to go to the extremes with my backgrounds in accounting in college for turning over some information about a lot of money to aid in the financial crisis and also some personal experiences for some other tidbits of information about other things all to get some sort of help from someone in law enforcement.

So far, the only cop willing to listen is only willing to listen is only willing to offer emotional support because of a conflict of interest. The cop used to change my diapers while my mom went to work.

I don't need emotional support, I need people to write their Congressmen and help get me out of this hell.
No, you may need to hire a lawyer.

I have been writing elected officials in city, county, state and federal governments to do something about the street people hanging around the local shopping center, harassing the rest of us for handouts, or trying to sell us drugs, stolen goods, and "personal services".  Elected officials do not want to get involved in these "petty, personal issues", but only in those high-visibility issues that get them re-elected.

Again, you may need to hire a lawyer.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
What mean when I say "Make a point" is I get blown off with them saying "that is a civil matter" even when I have plenty of cuts and bruises to show for.
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.

Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:27 am

Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.

Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.

No dice on the lawyer. I have even tried hiring a lawyer who also worked as a college professor and taught a class which I passed with a B before asking to hire him. He said plain and simple "No, because you have a mental illness."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:30 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

Your framing might be the issue.

Lead in with documented evidence about the physical assaults instead of background stuff. Establish probably cause as quickly as possible in your complaint.

Odds are they're getting bored and telling you it's a civil matter because they don't understand where it's going. Demonstrate that it's a criminal matter and then they'll be more invested.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

Your framing might be the issue.

Lead in with documented evidence about the physical assaults instead of background stuff. Establish probably cause as quickly as possible in your complaint.

Odds are they're getting bored and telling you it's a civil matter because they don't understand where it's going. Demonstrate that it's a criminal matter and then they'll be more invested.

I have tried your approach with state and local, the mentioning of my background with the federal government gets more into the tactic of "Quid Pro Quo" meaning "you give me something and I give you something in return"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.  Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.  again, you may need to hire a lawyer.
No dice on the lawyer. I have even tried hiring a lawyer who also worked as a college professor and taught a class which I passed with a B before asking to hire him. He said plain and simple "No, because you have a mental illness."
Only one attempt to hire a lawyer, and you have already given up.

Do you want your case prosecuted, or do you want to just complain about your case not being prosecuted?

There is more than just one lawyer in the world; and without one, your case may never see its day in court.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:39 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
I have tried your approach with state and local, the mentioning of my background with the federal government gets more into the tactic of "Quid Pro Quo" meaning "you give me something and I give you something in return"

They don't want to be bribed, they want to see evidence of criminal wrong doing.

If there's no criminal wrongdoing then it's a civil matter and they can't help you even if they'd like to.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:41 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Your framing might be the issue.  Lead in with documented evidence about the physical assaults instead of background stuff. Establish probably cause as quickly as possible in your complaint.  Odds are they're getting bored and telling you it's a civil matter because they don't understand where it's going. Demonstrate that it's a criminal matter and then they'll be more invested.
I have tried your approach with state and local, the mentioning of my background with the federal government gets more into the tactic of "Quid Pro Quo" meaning "you give me something and I give you something in return".
Then maybe you should stop approaching state, local, and federal government people, and hire a lawyer, present your evidence, and let the lawyer file your case.  Otherwise, you are just "spinning your wheels" and not getting any traction (metaphorically speaking).

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:47 am

Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.  Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.  again, you may need to hire a lawyer.
Only one attempt to hire a lawyer, and you have already given up.

Do you want your case prosecuted, or do you want to just complain about your case not being prosecuted?

There is more than just one lawyer in the world; and without one, your case may never see its day in court.

Not just one attempt, the law professor was just my best bet. Most lawyers have no idea of my strong and week points until the second we meet. I knew at least of this particular lawyer for a four month relationship in a classroom before attempting to hire him and he turned me down focused solely on my weak point of having a diagnosis instead of considering my strong points as well like passing his class with a B.