Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 10:52 am

funeralxempire wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
I have tried your approach with state and local, the mentioning of my background with the federal government gets more into the tactic of "Quid Pro Quo" meaning "you give me something and I give you something in return"

They don't want to be bribed, they want to see evidence of criminal wrong doing.

If there's no criminal wrongdoing then it's a civil matter and they can't help you even if they'd like to.

A bribe is when someone makes an offer regarding personal gain, like a mobster offering a yacht to a prosecutor. Offering for professional gain is a different story, especially when the info benefits the entire profession and not just one professional. Case in point, watch the movie Catch Me If You Can starring Tom Hanka and Leonardo DiCaprio. It is based on a true story and kind of relates to what I am trying to explain.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 10:53 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
What mean when I say "Make a point" is I get blown off with them saying "that is a civil matter" even when I have plenty of cuts and bruises to show for.
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.  Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.  Again, you may need to hire a lawyer.
No dice on the lawyer. I have even tried hiring a lawyer who also worked as a college professor and taught a class which I passed with a B before asking to hire him. He said plain and simple "No, because you have a mental illness."
Only one attempt to hire a lawyer, and you have already given up.  Do you want your case prosecuted, or do you want to just complain about your case not being prosecuted?  There is more than just one lawyer in the world; and without one, your case may never see its day in court.
Not just one attempt, the law professor was just my best bet. Most lawyers have no idea of my strong and week points until the second we meet. I knew at least of this particular lawyer for a four month relationship in a classroom before attempting to hire him and he turned me down focused solely on my weak point of having a diagnosis instead of considering my strong points as well like passing his class with a B.
Then you are out of luck.  There is no one on this website who can fight your battles for you.  Only an appropriately-trained and licensed legal professional can help you now -- not a bunch of strangers with various forms of ASD.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 11:01 am

Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
Fnord wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
What mean when I say "Make a point" is I get blown off with them saying "that is a civil matter" even when I have plenty of cuts and bruises to show for.
Unless you received medical treatment for those cuts and bruises, and the medical people are willing to testify that you received them from acts of intentional violence, you may as well have induced those injuries yourself.  If you can also provide a video record of the alleged assaults, that would likely also get Law Enforcement officers involved.  Again, unless Law Enforcement has more than your say-so how you received those injuries, they are not likely to get involved.  again, you may need to hire a lawyer.
No dice on the lawyer. I have even tried hiring a lawyer who also worked as a college professor and taught a class which I passed with a B before asking to hire him. He said plain and simple "No, because you have a mental illness."
Only one attempt to hire a lawyer, and you have already given up.  Do you want your case prosecuted, or do you want to just complain about your case not being prosecuted?  There is more than just one lawyer in the world; and without one, your case may never see its day in court.
Not just one attempt, the law professor was just my best bet. Most lawyers have no idea of my strong and week points until the second we meet. I knew at least of this particular lawyer for a four month relationship in a classroom before attempting to hire him and he turned me down focused solely on my weak point of having a diagnosis instead of considering my strong points as well like passing his class with a B.
Then you are out of luck.  There is no one on this website who can fight your battles for you.  Only an appropriately-trained and licensed legal professional can help you now -- not a bunch of strangers with various forms of ASD.

I am not asking for any help other than help as far as asking for everyone to write their Congressmen to address how things need to be addressed better for law enforcement at all levels to understand how to handle spectrum disorders more fairly and effectively.

I have even had one department tell me they refuse to accommodate any ADA request with the one exception of a doctor specifically diagnosing autism and ignored all other disabilities from questioning PDD-NOS to even a paralyzed person refusing to walk a straight line for a sobriety test.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 11:23 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
I am not asking for any help other than help as far as asking for everyone to write their Congressmen to address how things need to be addressed better for law enforcement at all levels to understand how to handle spectrum disorders more fairly and effectively...
Yeah ... sure ... that will work ...

:roll: ... not!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2021, 2:34 pm

sarcasm.king wrote:
With all I hear about what all different levels of government are doing in areas all around the country are doing all around the country are doing toake things better, I must ask one big question:

Why am I having to use a nuclear warhead to kill a housefly?

I have been working for years on how to deal with a narcissistic family member and experienced no luck with multiple attempts with local law enforcement. Now my only option is to play on the big leagues to negotiate Quid Pro Quo with federal authorities to try and advocate for myself and try to just have a normal life.

Not sure where you live but have you tried social services? If your a vulnerable adult they are obligated to do something about it.

Not sure what you mean by quid pro quo? what favour do you have to offer law enforcement? unless the person is or would be of interest to law enforcement like an underworld figure or big drug dealer you would have nothing of interest to offer.

- George Bernie Shaw

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2021, 7:59 pm

carlos55 wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
With all I hear about what all different levels of government are doing in areas all around the country are doing all around the country are doing toake things better, I must ask one big question:

Why am I having to use a nuclear warhead to kill a housefly?

I have been working for years on how to deal with a narcissistic family member and experienced no luck with multiple attempts with local law enforcement. Now my only option is to play on the big leagues to negotiate Quid Pro Quo with federal authorities to try and advocate for myself and try to just have a normal life.

Not sure where you live but have you tried social services? If your a vulnerable adult they are obligated to do something about it.

Not sure what you mean by quid pro quo? what favour do you have to offer law enforcement? unless the person is or would be of interest to law enforcement like an underworld figure or big drug dealer you would have nothing of interest to offer.

The person in question is no major dealer or anything, but I seemed to have stumbled across a couple of hundred million dollars to add back into the government's budget during the current financial situation plus another word or two about how to better train and educate law enforcement on a more broad note not limited specifically to disabled people.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 4:09 pm

sarcasm.king wrote:

What exactly does your family do to you that results in you having cuts and bruises?

petraA
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2021, 4:27 pm

My advice would be to go to A&E next time you have been physically hurt and get the doctor to write up a report. Many hospitals also can provide a social worker to properly submit that report to police. It sucks that is whats necessary and is total BS that we don't just believe victims of abuse but thats the world we live in.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2021, 4:39 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

What exactly does your family do to you that results in you having cuts and bruises?

Only cuts and bruises have been from hoodlums in my area and someone who used to be married into the family. But to be honest I would prefer fist fights over the psychological abuse I have had to endure more of. At least a fist fight is over in 3 minutes or less and is easier to strategize for.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 3:13 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

Only cuts and bruises have been from hoodlums in my area and someone who used to be married into the family. But to be honest I would prefer fist fights over the psychological abuse I have had to endure more of. At least a fist fight is over in 3 minutes or less and is easier to strategize for.

I hope you don't mind my inquisitiveness.

In your initial post, you mention dealing with a narcissist family member. Is that the family member (who used to be married into the family) who gave you the cuts and bruises? What did they do to you to make you cut and bruised? What manner of psychological abuse are you experiencing? In what manner are you being abused?

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2021, 7:30 am

sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

In your initial post, you mention dealing with a narcissist family member. Is that the family member (who used to be married into the family) who gave you the cuts and bruises? What did they do to you to make you cut and bruised? What manner of psychological abuse are you experiencing? In what manner are you being abused?

The family member who gave me the actual cuts and bruises is now divorced from the family, but the narcissist who has a tendency to manipulate others into giving me cuts and bruises is a blood relative. The same blood relative has even threatened me with lengthy jail sentences all because I have told people stories about dealing with catfish in online dating like the story where one girl asked for my bank account number and I explained a BS story about how the condition of my parole prevent me from having one.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 2:15 pm

sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

The family member who gave me the actual cuts and bruises is now divorced from the family, but the narcissist who has a tendency to manipulate others into giving me cuts and bruises is a blood relative. The same blood relative has even threatened me with lengthy jail sentences all because I have told people stories about dealing with catfish in online dating like the story where one girl asked for my bank account number and I explained a BS story about how the condition of my parole prevent me from having one.

I'm trying to work out the specifics of what's happening. For some reason, you seem unwilling or unable to be specific about the details in question.

You keep referring to "cuts and bruises" in the vaguest of terms such as "family gave them to me" or "others were manipulated into giving them to me" - but haven't actually explained in detail the events that led up to being cut and bruised, or how exactly you were cut and bruised as a result of what actions. How does this family member manipulate others into cutting and bruising you, and by what actions do others cause you to be cut and bruised?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 3:06 pm

I'm trying to work out the specifics of what's happening. For some reason, you seem unwilling or unable to be specific about the details in question. [...]
That may be how he is "framing his case", and may also explain why no one takes him seriously.

sarcasm.king
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2021, 3:25 pm

sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

I'm trying to work out the specifics of what's happening. For some reason, you seem unwilling or unable to be specific about the details in question.

You keep referring to "cuts and bruises" in the vaguest of terms such as "family gave them to me" or "others were manipulated into giving them to me" - but haven't actually explained in detail the events that led up to being cut and bruised, or how exactly you were cut and bruised as a result of what actions. How does this family member manipulate others into cutting and bruising you, and by what actions do others cause you to be cut and bruised?

Put it this way, when I was eleven, my mother married an ex golden glove boxer with a short fuse who attempted to apply the rules of the ring for a form of discipline when I used profanity or something and she expected me to take it with gratitude and use the rope-a-dope as my only strategy "in the ring"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 3:32 pm

This all reminds me of a street-person who tried to convince a police officer that my Ham Radio antennas were allegedly beaming thoughts into his head and/or stealing his memories.  Instead of offering evidence (of which there could be none), he would go on and on about how he got fired soon after I had put up my first antenna, and how his employment history became progressively worse as time went on.

He also cited incidents from his childhood -- streetlights allegedly flickering on or off when he looked at them, dogs allegedly barking his name in Morse Code, strange bruises and cuts on his arms for which he allegedly could not account, lights allegedly moving in the sky above his parents' home, et cetera -- nothing relevant, but certainly entertaining.

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 6:56 pm

sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:
sarcasm.king wrote:

Put it this way, when I was eleven, my mother married an ex golden glove boxer with a short fuse who attempted to apply the rules of the ring for a form of discipline when I used profanity or something and she expected me to take it with gratitude and use the rope-a-dope as my only strategy "in the ring"

Was that the person who is gone, or is that the person still around? That's still really vague, and tells me nothing of what happened. It's like saying "stuff happened". What exactly did they do when they "applied the rules of the ring"?

Also, that was when you were 11. What do you expect police to intervene with in the present day. I gather you are no longer 11, nor have you been 11 for some time. It seems like that person is gone now. So what is happening today or recently, something police could actually do something about, that you expect them to intervene? Something more specific than "I'm being abused", or "I've got cuts and bruises".

The former could mean anything, and the latter could be from anything. There's a massive difference between "they hold me down and cut me with knives and beat me with clubs", and "they bought lemon popsicles even though they know I hate lemon, and when I melted down I injured myself in the process". One of those two extremes is worth police intervention. It is generally illegal to hold people down and cut or beat them. The other extreme is not. It is not illegal to buy the wrong popsicle. Being provided the wrong popsicles is not actually abuse, not matter how distressing the person may find it.

Somewhere between those two extremes is a point where the action starts to infringe upon the law, and then the police can intervene. I'm trying to see where your situation sits in relation to that tipping point of legal action.