Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 7:21 am

I'd rather have someone with a good heart than someone who is "Socially Developed." I know a lot of NT guys, and the more "Socially Developed" they are the less likely I am to be able to relate to them. I like intelligent, funny men.

C
~

Taking a break.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2007, 8:02 am

I was in a serious relationship with an Aspie guy a couple years ago, it was very unstable and chaotic. The worst thing was that I was thrust into the role of being the more mature, responsible one... which is totally against my nature!
So I guess I would have to say I prefer a NT man... If indeed I prefer a man at all... which at the moment, I don't. :D

ping-machine
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 6:09 am

asspie wrote:
I ask this because guys with AS are extremely immature. while normal guys are socially developed

Not something that I've found myself. (Generally find that all men can be quite babyish at times.)

Kelsi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2007, 8:36 am

I have reached a stage in life where I don't particularly want to get into a relationship again. However, if I did, he would have to be an Aspie. I would not settle for anything less.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

04 Aug 2007, 11:41 am

Ideally I would like an aspie who has trained himself out of extreme rigidity, is committed to overcoming meltdowns, and does not have any sensory issues that would interfere with having (once married) satisfying and very frequent... um.... :oops:

So basically I find myself very attracted to the aspie mind, but there are a few possible symptoms that would worry me.

NTs I generally just am not capable of understanding to the degree necessary to make a relationship joyful. Unless they're very nearly on the spectrum.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 12:47 pm

Yes. Either an aspie who's pretty much in control of his symptoms, or an NT with aspie traits, please.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2007, 12:49 pm

I am pretty much AS only in that I have a formal diagnosis. I am extremely flexible, and no sensory issues whatsoever.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 05 Aug 2007, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiki3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2007, 11:35 pm

Well, my NT husband is just about the most immature 35-year-old I know, so NT doesn't necessarily mean more mature. When he went with me to my boys' school for an open house, the teacher said he reminded her more of their big brother than their father. :roll: I wanted to say, "EXACTLY!"

From what I understand, I'm somewhat unique for an Aspie, in that I like a lot of affection (only from my husband and kids). If I were married to an Aspie man who had difficulty with physical closeness (sex doesn't count), I'd be extremely unhappy. There must be some Aspie men who are affectionate, though, since I'm an Aspie woman who is.

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 5:45 am

asspie wrote:
I ask this because guys with AS are extremely immature. while normal guys are socially developed

I seriously laughed so hard I cried there. Are you completely out of your mind? I'll tell you right now that if you spent one day with my roommate (NT) and I (AS) you'd change your mind completely about that statement. I have never met an NT man who was more mature than me.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 1:18 pm

Yeah, that comment was so ridiculous I never even bothered to challenge it.

Trugen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2008, 6:29 pm

all men tend to be childish

Omni: Temp
Face of Madness: Myself :twisted:

GrantZilla
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Feb 2008, 10:26 am

Trugen wrote:
all men tend to be childish

Yes, like all women tend to be b*****s

Anymore generalzations?

sarahstilettos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 11:46 am

asspie wrote:
Do you want to meet an AS boy or a NT man?

I would have reservations about anyone who needed to be looked after/"mothered", because that sort of thing drives me up the wall. I find it 'clingy' and have to escape. However, I know for a fact that this is hardly unique to autism, and some of the men on this forum seem to have very mature and considered opinions.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 3:33 pm

I wouldn't mind if they r AS or NT but 4 me its race as i wanna stick 2 my culture so therefore an desi gal (asian gal).

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 4:52 pm

Heeding the call topic

I have had only two relationships in my life, both with NT men, which ended in disaster. :eew:

Now I am too far gone in the relationship department to look for anything else. If someone granted me a wish I would try an Aspie guy and hope for the best but I would not go out looking for it, not now. I wish everyone the best of luck. :)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 11:31 pm

sarahstilettos wrote:
I know for a fact that this is hardly unique to autism

Yep.