Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

UnwastedMime
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Mar 2021, 11:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not new to being on the spectrum. I've had lots of experience in that regard. I am here to connect with fellow alien life forms since I'm not very good at blending in with the Earthlings.

I've had an especially rough couple of months since breaking up with a partner of 4.6 years and being punished for being bullied at work (yes-they blame the person being bullied where I work and coddle the person who bullies-Not surprising we have an easily preventable pandemic for over a year given who is rewarded in this society).

Anyway, I am finding it difficult to be positive and hopeful for change when I feel like I'm the only one trying (or the only one expected to try).

I didn't know if anyone is going through something similar and suggests anything useful.

Thanks,

Jen

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:00 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 8:37 am

Welcome to WP! I am optimistic that you will find some positive experiences here.

(It sounds like you do not work in a good place. But you already know that. When conditions are right for moving elsewhere I wish you good fortune!)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 9:29 am

Hello and welcome.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 4:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 12:39 pm

UnwastedMime wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum but not new to being on the spectrum. I've had lots of experience in that regard. I am here to connect with fellow alien life forms since I'm not very good at blending in with the Earthlings.

I've had an especially rough couple of months since breaking up with a partner of 4.6 years and being punished for being bullied at work (yes-they blame the person being bullied where I work and coddle the person who bullies-Not surprising we have an easily preventable pandemic for over a year given who is rewarded in this society).

Anyway, I am finding it difficult to be positive and hopeful for change when I feel like I'm the only one trying (or the only one expected to try).

I didn't know if anyone is going through something similar and suggests anything useful.

Thanks,

Jen

Hi! Very sorry to hear that you are going through two majorly stressful situations at once.

About the work situation, I would suggest that you look at the thread Bullying in the workplace in the Work, and finding a job section on Wrong Planet, and then maybe post your own additional thread in that section seeking advice on your particular situation.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 2:26 pm

Hello fellow entity. Welcome.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 5:51 pm

Welcome to WP. If you're anything like me, you'll feel accepted and wanted here.

on the other hand.. it brings to mind that it saddens me about the white rhinoceros. :( :cry:

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Sep 2021, 6:05 pm

You aren’t alone. I’ve been too depressed to do anything for a month now. I had a med change which we think had something to do with it but they added part back to hopefully bring me out of this deep pit. After I swear I’ve cried it all out, an hour later I’m bawling my eyes out again. I lost a cousin who was like a big sister to me 7 years ago to a car accident. I really miss my long distance fiancée. Hate to sound negative but I’m a little fed up with my life. Good news though is here we have each other to keep us going. We’ve all been where you are. I hope I made you feel better and welcome.

kuze
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2021, 6:52 am

Hi Jen

Welcome to WP, I'm quite new myself. It only takes a couple of major things to go wrong at the same time to cause anyone a serious crash in their life, let alone someone coping with ASD. First thing to remember is that you are an amazing individual who is an extraordinarily unique person. It can take a lot of strength to share the things you are going through so well done for posting. Going extinct? more like metamorphosis, a moth, a butterfly, or will you be a phoenix from the flames?

Regarding your work issues, I dont know what country you are from but you can find some general guidance at the following link which is used in UK employment law. Perhaps your country of origin has similar guidance.

https://www.acas.org.uk/if-youre-treate ... ng-bullied

kuze

malco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 8:34 pm

Hi, you are definitely not alone - as I'm discovering this is the Right Planet for people here. I'm new to it so please forgive any gaffes. I know exactly what it feels like to be bullied. I went through hell both at school and in workplaces. To this day I have never attended a single reunion. I don't ever want to see those people again. The really sad thing is that people here have so much to offer the world but the world seems to hate us - it certainly doesn't understand or accept us easily if at all. I am starting to wonder what is wrong with world rather than wondering what is wrong with me. I guess you might feel the same. It is tragic; so much waste......

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 8:10 am

UnwastedMime wrote:
being punished for being bullied at work (yes-they blame the person being bullied where I work and coddle the person who bullies-Not surprising we have an easily preventable pandemic for over a year given who is rewarded in this society). Jen

Hi Jen.
Welcome to Wrong Planet

Being blames for something an NT does is a common practice. It is unfair. But I think it does happen often for Aspies.

I thought your second comment about an easily preventable pandemic was interesting. I was wondering what your thoughts were.