Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 12:12 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
And I'm letting you know how others may respond to that, Fnord. You can take this information or leave it.
Then please wait for them to respond before jumping in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 12:54 pm

I had flat feet and a high instep. The headmaster's wife at prep school had me do foot exercises. I had to wear insoles. Unfortunately part of the bullying at public school involved people removing the insoles. It was expensive for them to be replaced, so after a couple of years I didn't have them any more.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
And I'm letting you know how others may respond to that, Fnord. You can take this information or leave it.
Then please wait for them to respond before jumping in.

I did wait. I was the respondent. I let you know how your terse remark made me feel, and generalized that to demands certain family members have made on me.

Look man, I generally respect and value you. That doesn't mean you are without abrasive edges.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:37 pm

I toe walk and have a slightly weird gait when I stand, where I put most of my weight on one of my feet and the other foot just kind of chills a bit away from the center of balance. lol

Both of my feet are pretty "flat", except for the one I stand on is less so. I also get aching/sore pains in them, but the one I put my weight on actually hurts more despite being shaped better.

I still probably have more back problems than foot problems from slouching really bad while standing and sitting.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:39 pm

I have flat feet as well.

Many people who aren't autistic have flat feet. And many people with autism don't have flat feet.

I don't believe there's a strong correlation between flat feet and autism.

People with genetic and chromosomal disorders frequently have flat feet----but then, so do many "normal" people.

It used to be a disqualification to join the Armed Forces in the United States. I'm not sure if that's true today.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 24 Mar 2021, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:50 pm

A guy named Courchesne wrote about something at least somewhat similar in 2001.

In his article, he states that the brain of a person with autism grows "too fast" for the first 18 months/2 years of that person's life and that "irrelevant" neural pathways are not dispensed with. This, according to the theory, leads to sensory overload. Too many impulses coming in at once.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 1:51 pm

Flat feet or walking on tiptoes as a toddler. Poor muscle tone and weak ankles

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 2:11 pm

sorrowfairiewhisper wrote:
Poor muscle tone and weak ankles

Sometimes, after walking a fair distance,my ankles will roll inwards.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 2:20 pm

firemonkey wrote:

My ankles have done the rolling thing since I was a toddler, probably because I have unstable joints overall. Running and walking used to be a chore as I could take five steps and an ankle would just give out. lol

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 3:51 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

My ankles have done the rolling thing since I was a toddler, probably because I have unstable joints overall. Running and walking used to be a chore as I could take five steps and an ankle would just give out. lol

I'm not sure when mine first rolled . I do remember my father taking my brother,sister and I ice skating while living in Zurich. I was 17. He got cross with me because my ankles kept rolling, and I couldn't stand on the ice skates.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 1:15 pm

firemonkey wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Do you do any exercises or physio to keep the ankles strong and supple?

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 1:16 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

Dyspraxia can be due to being born early. Poor muscle tone seems to be an aspie thing, even down to taking longer to sit upright as a baby

AsterPuck
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Mar 2021, 1:36 am

Thanks for the responses regarding the connection to fragile x. The article I read, I believe made a connection, saw it as a comorbidity, therefore occurring more often in the autism spectrum at large. I shall try to dig up.

I'm pretty new here, but I can sense some tension. Evidence is good, though when it's abruptly asked for one can tend to react defensively. One could say it's a request that's somewhat on the offensive side of things. It's easy enough to do a Google search to confirm for ourselves

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 5:58 pm

Quote:
Finally, the peak pressure had a lower percentage in the autistic group than in the control group. This is due to the characteristics of flat foot that are associated with autism.

Quote:
The plantar pressure reveals the lack of control of the plantar flexion and highlights the flat foot of autistic children.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4756022/