Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2021, 12:54 pm

I'm a cleaner and I have to work with this other cleaner who is the worst person in the world to work with. We have to clean according to a schedule so whoever mops must go behind the sweeper, and we both disinfect as we go along.
If she sweeps and disinfects she deliberately goes really slow, making me wait for ages to mop. If she mops and disinfects she goes quick and starts mopping and disinfecting before I've finished sweeping and my disinfecting, and she gets in the way.
Also she has her radio and music constantly on in her pocket, which is a distraction and makes her oblivious to everyone else like she's the only one there. So if I do say anything she just ignores me and turns her annoying radio thing up.

We've told the boss to tell her to wait for me to finish sweeping if she's mopping, but it just goes in one ear and out the other with her. But I feel she overcrowds me and slows me down whichever task she's doing. I'm a fast worker, but I always wait when I'm mopping for her to finish sweeping.

What can I do when working with someone like this? She doesn't just do it to me, she does it to whoever cleans with her if I'm off. She plays dumb all the time and it really tries my patience. The others get annoyed with her as well but for some reason the boss isn't very firm with her no matter how many times we complain. :x :x :x

Diamondgirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Mar 2021, 4:07 am

Unfortunately, if you've told her not to do it and she doesn't care and the boss doesn't want to be harsh with her, I'm not sure there's really a lot you can do. Some people are just selfish and they don't give a s**t if they're being annoying to others. The only consolation for you is that if she annoys everyone then she will suffer for it bcoz it won't earn her any goodwill from anyone in the end.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2021, 10:15 am

Is there someone above your boss that you could take the complaint to instead? Or would it help if you made some kind of official, literal complaint that everyone who has a problem with that person would also sign along with you?