Page 7 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2023, 8:59 am

I feel like many people not experiencing this don't feel it is a serious problem or don't even know it is happening. I think it is just going to continue as it is. Maybe there is a way to raise awareness of this.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2023, 9:10 am

Adult bullies usually go by other names like rapist, groomer, extortionist, abuser, blackmailer, partner.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2023, 5:23 am

I had learned something recently, we most likely get bullied because we probably don’t have any boundaries. The Main reason is that we have trouble communicating.

I wish I had known this when I was younger so that I could have set them with my roommates.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2023, 12:49 pm

I was reading about the wars today, and had a thought. Some of the wars are probably just a more sophisticated and destructive form of bullying.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2023, 2:03 am

Sailon wrote:
I was reading about the wars today, and had a thought. Some of the wars are probably just a more sophisticated and destructive form of bullying.

Yes, I was and still bullied for a pretty long time. As a child I wanted to make friends and speed up learning social skills. Later on at school I wanted to advance, to work together with colleagues, be a great help. I decided to follow a course of executive secretary. But instead people still use manipulative tricks, slandering, frauding, corruption, and the like.

Now I see a big parallell with the Ukrainian/Russian war. I have to replace the bullying children en adults with the NATO countries. They are actually bullying Russia and Vladimir Putin. Right now I feel like being Putin. He wanted to work together with the west, solving world problems with the west (I am not referring to Agenda 2030 and The Great Reset), but got bullied instead. I suspect (I am almost quite sure) that Putin is highly intelligent, a political genius. He has built up Russia (or whatever was left from the Soviet Union) to a very successful country. I sincerely don't understand why he is still bullied by the west.

RedbirdCA
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jul 2023, 7:40 pm

Too many times and now I don't associate with these people.

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 10:10 am

I have been bullied since 1974 by family and everyone else in my neighbourhood when I was growing up didn't want to be friends so I really haven't had genuine friends. I also think there is a spectrum of exeriences of societal bigotry that can be encouraged. When I have spoken about this when I was younger I have been victim blamed as well which is a form of either racism or in this case hypocrisy. I was bullied throughout school by both teachers and pupils alike when I was in mainstream schools from 1977 onwards. With bullying, some people are pretected and supported and some aren't I have been one of those that haven't been supported. I have also been bullied by professionals before which I had the trauma of that as well as that from the abuse I was given as a kid from my mum and dad as well as bullying from my siblings as well from 1974. I have been called names, beaten, had allistic people of any kind looking down their noses at me like I was a lump of poo on a trainer, dished out emotional abuse and even had a professional threaten to sue me back in 1993 when I was doing some work at a placement which was nothing more or less than a forced labour unit (euphemised as an Industrial Therapy unit). That was mainly coercive controlling behaviour and demands/expectations well beyond my emotional intelligence. actually these days most people towards me avoid me since I no won't let anyone take advantage of me. Another thing is that other people tend ot get preferential treatment at my expense and the excuses they tell are so painful to hear. :idea:

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Aug 2023, 12:12 pm

Aspiewordsmith wrote:
I have been bullied since 1974 by family and everyone else in my neighbourhood when I was growing up didn't want to be friends so I really haven't had genuine friends.

Aspiewordsmith,

I am very sorry to hear of your terrible experience with bullying. I wish people could learn that those of us suffering with Autism or other mental illnesses aren't kickballs.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2023, 6:04 am

Noone likes the extreme introvert. Mocked and ridiculed and bullied by people endlessly. I hate having Aspergers.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2023, 7:16 am

Rainbow_Belle wrote:
Noone likes the extreme introvert. Mocked and ridiculed and bullied by people endlessly. I hate having Aspergers.

I think this is a Western thing. I've heard that in Eastern countries, introverts are preferred. We are unlucky living in the West, in that respect.

Also, it is easier to be an introvert in Britain. People expect others to be quiet, polite, shy. Loud extroverts are not extremely popular in country areas of Britain, although they are in cities. I'm pretty glad I'm English sometimes, apart from the fact that we are an apathetic type of population which lets the government walk all over us. But that's another story.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Sep 2023, 8:45 am

Recently I had read about the phenomenon of ND's bullying other ND's. I was not aware that was a thing.
Seems kinda silly to me to engage in such behavior.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Nov 2023, 1:58 pm

Rainbow_Belle wrote:

This does seem to be the case.

How is everyone here doing with any bullying issues lately?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2023, 2:06 pm

Sailon wrote:
Recently I had read about the phenomenon of ND's bullying other ND's. I was not aware that was a thing.

I can't imagine it not being a thing.

Among reasons:
Autists often seem less willing to agree to disagree
Some NDs engage in behaviours that other NDs can't stand and no compromise can be made.
NDs are capable of understanding that bullying sometimes has social benefits.
NDs might have been subjected to bullying and gaslighting over that bullying that causes they to believe a given bullying behaviour is actually acceptable, harmless fun (because hey, I had to just suck it up).
Etc.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2023, 9:29 am

hmk66 wrote:
Sailon wrote:

Yes, I was and still bullied for a pretty long time. As a child I wanted to make friends and speed up learning social skills. Later on at school I wanted to advance, to work together with colleagues, be a great help. I decided to follow a course of executive secretary. But instead people still use manipulative tricks, slandering, frauding, corruption, and the like.

Now I see a big parallell with the Ukrainian/Russian war. I have to replace the bullying children en adults with the NATO countries. They are actually bullying Russia and Vladimir Putin. Right now I feel like being Putin. He wanted to work together with the west, solving world problems with the west (I am not referring to Agenda 2030 and The Great Reset), but got bullied instead. I suspect (I am almost quite sure) that Putin is highly intelligent, a political genius. He has built up Russia (or whatever was left from the Soviet Union) to a very successful country. I sincerely don't understand why he is still bullied by the west.

If you think Putin is such a great guy, you would have loved Stalin and Hitler.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2024, 7:00 pm

It is sickening to see people bullying and otherwise abusing those who are mentally ill and/or have other differences. Would it not be preferable for them to spend their time trying to make the world a better place instead of a worse place?

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Feb 2024, 6:08 pm

Recently I learned about a nonbinary teen, Nex Benedict, who was bullied, and passed away after an altercation. That was disheartening for me to read. I do not believe that is an unexpected result when bullying behavior, much of which can be violent, isn't being taken very seriously. May they rest in peace.