Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 May 2021, 7:56 am

Same here

violetdr3amer
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 May 2021, 1:04 pm

I also get bullied wherever I go. These days I just keep to myself and only see my good friends whom I trust.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2021, 2:39 pm

So I see some others are experiencing bullying as well.
At least we seem to be on the right forum for this.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 9:00 am

Sailon wrote:
I made this thread to bring attention to those of us who are still being bullied into adulthood.
There was a thread on here I read a while back that had a poll asking how long people were bullied for with options for grade school, college, into adulthood, etc. If I find it I will post a link. If I remember correctly, a lot of people were bullied through grade school and then the numbers started falling off with the options for still being bullied later than that.
Maybe we can use this thread to share info.
Anyone who has experienced bullying should feel free to chime in, even if you no longer are dealing with it.

Edit: found the poll thread
viewtopic.php?t=386166

ya it happens to me a lot because my dad bullies me every day so i have been bullied well into adult hood by dad.I didnt have any bully trouble in high school but for years my main have been people in my family.My dad yells a lot at me and bullies me that way very often sometimes multiple times a day or even every day for days on end.He has been bullying me all my life pretty much.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Nov 2021, 4:58 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

ya it happens to me a lot because my dad bullies me every day so i have been bullied well into adult hood by dad.I didnt have any bully trouble in high school but for years my main have been people in my family.My dad yells a lot at me and bullies me that way very often sometimes multiple times a day or even every day for days on end.He has been bullying me all my life pretty much.

Sorry to hear you are going through that.
Although i'm not sure how to handle that situation, maybe we can get someone else here to chime in.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 3:49 am

Sailon wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Sorry to hear you are going through that.
Although i'm not sure how to handle that situation, maybe we can get someone else here to chime in.

Thanks buddy.I wish there was something I could do about it but there's prolly no way of getting my dad to change how he yells at me a lot.He needs anger management.And he controls every aspect of my life so he bullies me that way too.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 8:46 am

This still happens to me. I get obnoxious high school kids who will yell at me from their car, if I'm walking around.

Coworkers can be bullies too. People who feel the need to highlight all of your differences, even if they think they mean well or are being funny. If I said their facial expressions and vocal inflections seemed stupid and childish, that would be rude. But, if they mock my differences it's supposed to be helpful, or true.

Another one is people blaming you for their bad behavior. Once when I was a supervisor, I had a superior bully me for not being more "assertive" with a guy I was in charge of. But, no matter how much I talked to this guy he wouldn't do his work. And he never had any intention to. Yet, despite all the red flags he had, it wasn't their fault for hiring him, it was mine for not controlling him. And when I did move toward firing him, I would get blocked by people telling me I needed to get rid of him. They just wanted to dump their mess on me and get me to buy into that. The employee even ignore my boss when she called him one day, after he went no-contact for hours. Somehow that didn't reflect badly on her, but I'd be criticized in the same situation.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Dec 2021, 9:51 pm

In my first full-time job, I was bullied by my lying a-hole boss. Because I didn't know I could have complained to human resources, I thought my only chances were to quit or continue to take it. I chose to take it because I refused to give him the satisfaction of forcing me out before I could find another job.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2022, 2:12 pm

This is a good thread for outreach.
I know there's a lot of people being bullied, but we haven't gotten as much response as I would expect so far.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 10:30 am

I saw this and wanted to add a few more things but I don't want to repeat myself but I think some of the ways people get bullied into adulthood are

1. Making one feel bad for not fitting in socially - This is by telling the the victim that other people are not comfortable with them
2. Overly criticizing the victim and telling them they have to change
3. Being nice to the person's face but them ripping on them behind their backs

However, I have met several people on the spectrum who are have also been bullies to me.
One example I can think of is one guy who is very insecure about having autism but has seemed to understand the unwritten social rules, maturity and social skills. He does not like associating with others on the spectrum. Anyway, he would bully people by talking to me in a very condescending tone.
He always put me down and pushed my buttons several times.

Nira
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2022, 2:25 am

At work, I was mostly lucky with colleagues.But I was interviewed for one project. The interview failed. The people from the project considered me stupid and made it quite clear to me.
They didn't bully me like classmates at school. It was more hidden. They probably knew how I was doing with social skills. And they probably intentionally got me into various situations that I didn't understand.
I didn't know how to handle it.
It couldn't be told to anyone because basically nothing was happening. The mistake was on my side when I couldn't speak in those situations. Nobody understood me very well.
I talked about it in therapy. They told me I didn't have to get along with everyone at work. And that another person has bigger problems than me. I wanted to find out what to do, not who was having any problems and whether they were worse off than me or not.

Have your colleagues or other people deliberately put you in a situation you have a problem with because of your social skills problems?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 5:38 pm

Over 10 years ago, I worked at a warehouse with supported employment which a bunch of ignorant people. They also did lots of things that were unprofessional and inappropriate. Being me, I am a very outspoken person and I am too honest for my own good. On several occasions, I called people out for being unprofessional and inappropriate. Therefore, they started bullying me for that.

One of the ways they did it was "Joking" about how I was an undesirable person who no one wanted around.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2022, 5:47 pm

Here's an update on my situation.

I'm still having a lot of issues, it has not eased up at all. I am thinking of relocating again.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2022, 9:33 am

One of my co-workers put a "Kick-me" sign on my back as a way of letting me know they didn't like me because I was too honest for them.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Feb 2022, 4:36 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
One of my co-workers put a "Kick-me" sign on my back as a way of letting me know they didn't like me because I was too honest for them.

A common tactic. I've had something similar happen to me as well.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2022, 6:15 pm

Sailon wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

A common tactic. I've had something similar happen to me as well.

Several people hated me at that job, including the job coaches. They would make comments about how no one would want me. Then they would go “I was just kidding.”

The job coach called me “Little Miss Priss.” When I got her in trouble, she said “Why are you making a big deal of this? I call my dogs that all the time?”