Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Sep 2022, 12:34 pm

Texasmoney, it is certainly good to ignore people that are toxic. I try to do the same.

nomad48
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Sep 2022, 12:20 am

Most of my issues are hierarchal, might do okay with the manager, but struggle with an assistant, or a lead, too many layers of authority can be a problem.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2022, 11:43 am

I get bullied through gas lighting and treats from family. They don't take my assertion seriously so I'm more to myself to escape more emotional manipulation. My late mother was always in my corner and set me straight with love when I needed it. Its funny how other family held their tongues then but now feel comfortable making me the scapegoat. Great example of how not to treat others.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Sep 2022, 11:48 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
For me bullying

I have dealt with bullying here and there from the age of 2 into adulthood. I have dealt with it in a lot of different areas.

From neighborhood kids, family members, people who were supposed to be my friends, classmates, peers, co-workers and roommates.

However, bullying is very different if you are dealing with children and adolescents as compared to adults

1. When children and teens bully, they don't have that self-control and blurt out mean things
2. In adulthood, it's more passive aggressive and other types of sneaky insults, unless they are extremely immature as my roommates were.

For example, adults may be nice to your face when you are walking by but when you turn around you hear them making fun of you.

Other things they may do, talk about their plans with other people right in front of you, while leaving you out.

I agree about the different types of bullying. So true. And adults love to bully with their power. They like to hold you over a pool of lava or dangle a "prize" right out of reach. The manipulation is disgusting.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 3:16 pm

Another type of bullying:

Adults can bullying you by dropping hints that they are not interested by inviting everyone else to do something but you by doing the inviting right in front of you. Meanwhile, they give you the "Oh hi you're there too" then walk off.

Regardless, that's so rude and immature

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Oct 2022, 7:33 pm

BreathlessJade wrote:
I get bullied through gas lighting and treats from family. They don't take my assertion seriously so I'm more to myself to escape more emotional manipulation. My late mother was always in my corner and set me straight with love when I needed it. Its funny how other family held their tongues then but now feel comfortable making me the scapegoat. Great example of how not to treat others.

Gaslighting is a big issue I feel. This was being done to me before I even knew what the technical term for it was.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 6:56 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:

Adults can bullying you by dropping hints that they are not interested by inviting everyone else to do something but you by doing the inviting right in front of you. Meanwhile, they give you the "Oh hi you're there too" then walk off.

Oh gosh this has happened to me numerous times! I feel better now you call it bullying because it's their fault, nothing I did!

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2022, 12:46 am

KitLily wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:

Oh gosh this has happened to me numerous times! I feel better now you call it bullying because it's their fault, nothing I did!

Can't say I've experienced this one much. It seems really petty though.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 1:01 am

people of all ages look down on me. like they are smarter [in their own stoooopid heads] and more mature and just more with it. this comes with bullying. when they can't physically bully me, they mentally/psychologically bully me. living out in the sticks gets me away from most of it.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 5:51 am

I decided the other day to start messing with bullies' heads.

If they are inviting people to an event in front of me but excluding me, I'll say 'that sounds great! I'll come too. Where is it, what time?' And watch them squirm. (I wouldn't go of course, I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy it, but this has happened to me so often, I am fed up now and want to hit back.) They will get so worried and expect me to turn up, and then probably ask why I didn't. I'll say I found something better to do.

The second type of bullying that has happened to me all my life is because I am 'too thin' apparently. I have had long years of health problems, been very ill and suffered, but apparently that means nothing because it has made me thin enough for everyone to envy me and given them the green light to make rude comments 24/7.

So I've decided to mess with them. The next time someone asks 'how do you keep so thin?' 'why are you so skinny?' etc., I'll make something up. e.g. I swim 10 lengths of the pool before breakfast and after work. I only eat shellfish. I take appetite suppressing drugs. etc. And see if they believe me.

See, if a person gets bullied too much over and over, they start to hit back. :twisted: :twisted:

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2022, 12:22 pm

KitLily wrote:

Some interesting ideas there Kitlily. I will have to keep those in mind.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2022, 12:31 pm

Sailon wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Some interesting ideas there Kitlily. I will have to keep those in mind.

mwah hahaha. I am really, really fed up with being bullied and always treated like the one to be mocked and excluded.

Me and my friend were both bullied for our weight. People thought she was too fat and I was too thin. Both times they said 'you're so fat and you eat so little' or 'you're so thin and you eat so much.' Or 'whenever I see you, you're always eating.' Over and over and over and over...

So we decided to say 'why are you so obsessed with my weight/ food?' Or 'talking about food again? You're obsessed.'

:lol:

4x4Bibliophile
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2023, 3:31 pm

At almost every place I have ever worked, I have been the target of abuse and bullying from other co-workers and managers, sometimes bordering on hazing, as well as random strangers I interact with for work.

A co-worker slashed me with a knife; a manager sexually assaulted me and threatened my life over text; a stranger held me up at gunpoint at work; I have been spit on, etc. Wherever I work, I seem to have a bullseye on me from super masculine, predatory co-workers and bosses, especially men. This is the more extreme abuse/bullying I have endured, to say nothing of the daily gaslighting, social ostracization, etc.

Scottbraveheart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jan 2023, 4:25 am

I’m 48 and it still happens all the time usually from neighbors and was the family scapegoat growing up. In fact I was diagnosed with cptsd a few years ago because of it. This is a big reason combined with autism and social anxiety I have such a hard time making friends. It horrible but sometimes I think I always be alone.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2023, 8:40 pm

I seem to be the person who most supervisors use as a punchbag when they're having a bad day. I don't want to accept this though, as I have feelings too so why should people be allowed to get away with it just because I'm stupid?

I've been bullied by strangers the most, which is why I have more social anxiety in public spaces and I avoid working with the public.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2023, 12:51 am

last time i offered an opinion on something people tried to bully me into taking it back, that my opinion wasn't something i was entitled to have. they had ordure for brains and weren't worth the oxygen they were hogging with their simian misbehavior.