How can we convince the govnerment they cannot beat covid?

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:57 am

The government keeps trying to keep everyone and business locked down and covid still keeps coming. Covid will infect all of us, no matter how much we try to stop it so we might as well just go on with life, like we did before and just accept it. We might as well live before we get infected with, and just acceopt it.

So how do we convince the government of that and convince them that they need to stop trying to play hero all the time, and that no matter what they do to try stop it, it will not work. Covid keeps coming and just when the government tries to do something about it, it still comes, and it doesn't work. So how do we convince the govenrment to stop trying to hard and to stop playing hero, and give up on it, and just accept fate? How do we convince them that any effort they try to stop covid are extremely inept andimpotent?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:21 am

ironpony wrote:
So how do we convince the government of that and convince them that they need to stop trying to play hero all the time,

You flood each and every member of each and every government with full documentation of the scientific consensus that being heroes will be absolutely ruinous to both their political careers and personal lives.

And while doing that you need to be manipulating the entirety of civilization in to seeing heroes as evil people and to seeing the doing of heroic things as the doing of evil things - in short, your need to make the heroic evil without making evil heroic because then you will just end up right back where you began, that ages old human behavior of hero worship: heroism and its inverse of antiheroism both need to be fully erased from human consciousness, you need to create a world with no human concept of the hero or of the heroic, no concept of it, none, zero.

Only after accomplishing all of the above will you even begin to get members of governments to stop trying to play hero.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 6:09 am

:roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 6:57 am

Raise your hand if you have polio. One of many things we've "beat", and don't "all have".

Ok then.

This is not just the government desperately trying to be a dudley do-right even in the face of impossible odds - actions like this do make a difference. The reason they haven't had as much success till now is cos people keep NOT DOING THE THINGS that help make things better.

And then, without fail, if we do take all the precautions, and it goes away, inevitably, someone will say "see? that wasn't so bad, TOTAL overreaction!" totally failing to realize that it wasn't so bad BECASUE of the precautions that were taken. It's like surviving a car wreck thanks to your seatbelt and airbag, and deciding that since you survived, the seatbelt and airbag were overkill, and you'd have been just as well without them.

The government can make a difference, now that it's actually trying to make a difference.

This is not the first mass health event I've experienced in my life. I don't "have" all the things from the events that I lived through. Once they were addressed, action was taken, and massive improvement was made. When I was a kid Hepatitis C was "INCURABLE!" Now it's totally curable. Not TREATABLE. CURABLE. Not "managed". GONE.

Listen to the scientists.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:39 am

Oh okay, I felt that the government was trying to go up against impossible odds. I guess it's also hard for me to believe that the government is doing this out of the desperation of their good heart. Normally they don't do something unless there is something in it for them, and what piece of the action are they getting as a result? They are not just doing this just to be Dudley Do-Right as you say, are they?

But if they are, they had a chance to not let covid into country way back and they chose not to listen and blew it. And if it's a result of people not listening, well if the government cannot control people's free will, then give up. So I think they should just accept the consequences and accept that the blew it and accept defeat, rather than desperately and incompetently trying to save face.

I also feel that the scienist are not frank enough about it. Isn't it a scientists job to tell everyone they are all screwed when it comes to not getting covid, and that we all might as well just accept it, if that's the truth?

Last edited by ironpony on 27 Mar 2021, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:53 am

And Henry Ford should not have wasted his time manufacturing Model A and Model T autos. He should've gone straight to Mustangs!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 11:59 am

Double Retired wrote:
And Henry Ford should not have wasted his time manufacturing Model A and Model T autos. He should've gone straight to Mustangs!
Sorry. That was off topic. To respond to the original question: The best way to convince the government they cannot beat Covid is to make Covid as impossible to beat as possible. And there is a very convenient way to do that! Just keep as much Covid as possible in the population to improve its chances of mutating to a stronger, better, harder to beat virus!

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:05 pm

The early recommendation by some to just let the virus circulate has been utterly disastrous.

To make matters worse, the continued high infection rates in countries with insufficient restrictions have brought additional mutations which are either vaccine-resistant, more infectuous or more deadly.

The only way to stop this virus is to prevent it from spreading, which is exactly what responsible people are doing.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:10 pm

But I don't think people are to blame though, because the nuclear bomb has already gone off. No matter what you do, you are going to be effected by the bomb. It's going to reach you anyway, no matter what you do. So people realize that nothing they have tried before is helping so they accept it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:34 pm

ironpony wrote:
How can we convince the government they cannot beat covid?
How can we convince you to get your head out of the sand long enough to see that covid is being beaten?

And do ont start throwing your usual What ifs", your "Yeah, buts" and your latest lame-o conspiracy theories.

Covid is being beaten -- slowly, but certainly.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:42 pm

Oh I didn't think it was being beaten since so many places are still in lockdown, and thought the odds seem the same as they were months ago. But I didn't think I had a conspiracy theory, as it's a disease and not a conspiracy.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:50 pm

ironpony wrote:
Oh I didn't think it was being beaten since so many places are still in lockdown, and thought the odds seem the same as they were months ago. But I didn't think I had a conspiracy theory, as it's a disease and not a conspiracy.
You still do not get it -- covid is being beaten.  Infections are down, deaths from covid are down, and the various vaccines against covid are getting into more people as time goes on.  You are like the person who claims that no one is going to win 26-mile a marathon after only a few hundred yards of running.  Wake up and take a real look around!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:15 pm

Maybe I am being too negative about it, but it's hard to see a lot at the end of the tunnel. Giving out vaccines to me, is like a government giving out radiation suits after hiroshima has been bombed, but maybe that's looking at it the wrong way?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:20 pm

ironpony wrote:
Maybe I am being too negative about it, but it's hard to see a lot at the end of the tunnel. Giving out vaccines to me, is like a government giving out radiation suits after hiroshima has been bombed, but maybe that's looking at it the wrong way?
You are definitely looking at it the wrong way.  Giving out radiation suits after the Bomb has been dropped prevents those not already exposed to radiation from getting sick.  By your thinking, if one horse escapes the barn, you would chase all of them out, and for no good reason!

It is hard to tell if you are really that clueless or if you are just trolling for attention.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
ironpony wrote:
You are definitely looking at it the wrong way.  Giving out radiation suits after the Bomb has been dropped prevents those not already exposed to radiation from getting sick.  By your thinking, if one horse escapes the barn, you would chase all of them out, and for no good reason!

It is hard to tell if you are really that clueless or if you are just trolling for attention.

I guess I'm just too negative and didn't think it would do much good since the disease is already here. I mean I have had flu shots and still got the flu several times throughout my life and we all accept the flu and do not fight so desperately to try to beat it and just accept it that we have lost to it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:27 pm

ironpony wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ironpony wrote:
You are definitely looking at it the wrong way.  Giving out radiation suits after the Bomb has been dropped prevents those not already exposed to radiation from getting sick.  By your thinking, if one horse escapes the barn, you would chase all of them out, and for no good reason!  It is hard to tell if you are really that clueless or if you are just trolling for attention.
I guess I'm just too negative and didn't think it would do much good since the disease is already here. I mean I have had flu shots and still got the flu several times throughout my life and we all accept the flu and do not fight so desperately to try to beat it and just accept it that we have lost to it.
Obviously, you simply do not know what is really going on.