The rock and roll hall of fame is BS.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 2:32 am

Judas Preist got nominated, but rejected...like what the hell, they are like by far one of the classic metal bands they even are the ones responsible for metal fashion and they didn't get put on the rock and roll hall of fame? LIke if anyone deserves a spot on the rock and roll hall of fame it is Judas Priest. And I would even say put the late guitarist Alexi Laiho on there...he was f*****g cool and great but sadly he died recently at like 41 years of age.

Admittedly that last one hurts a lot, you know I was looking forward to more alexi laiho material...and yeah it hit me hard when I found out he died. I am ok now about it but damn, I was like talking about some stuff to my boyfriend and then saw a post that Alexi from children of bodom was dead. i was quite upset and I kept worrying about how my brother might feel about it because he had been into children of bodom as well but when I went to see him after the fact he brought it up but I knew he was going to say it before I did...he did not even all the way say it he just said did you hear about alexi and I was like 'yeah' but yeah that was the worst part of this past year....like litterally I thought maybe after all this crap there would be some more children of bodom and I might be able to see them in concert again...but now alexi is dead I did get to see them one time with my brother but yeah kinda sad knowing I will never again be able to see alexi play live again. It is sad for me and my brother, cause we were big fans of his.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 8:28 am

Most Hall of Fame are mostly entertainment stuff. The Pop and Rock Hall of fame, it should be called. Metal artists are not very welcomed, unless they had highly successful maintream success. A band like Judas Priest had that mainstream success but was left out. Usually, these organizations are about who you know and not exactly about your achievements or popularity.

I gotta admit that I was never really into Children of Bodom. Still, I got to say that Alexi Laiho has been on the shredder's radar for at least 15 years. He is a well known guitarist and should have been honored that way!

I am a sports fan and most of the Hall of fame, the "borderline" entries, are people who are friends of the people in charge of voting. Meanwhile, people who should be more deserving are left, out due to not being friends with the little gang in charge.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:46 pm

Every entertainment award -- Grammy, Oscar, hall of fame induction, et cetera -- is an exhibition of the entertainment industry pleasuring itself, and nothing more.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 12:59 pm

Fnord wrote:
Every entertainment award -- Grammy, Oscar, hall of fame induction, et cetera -- is an exhibition of the entertainment industry pleasuring itself, and nothing more.

Yeah you're right lol...it means nothing, so at the end of the day nothing to get all worked up about I suppose.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yeah you're right lol...it means nothing, so at the end of the day nothing to get all worked up about I suppose.
It is like when the only people to receive "Employee of The Month" awards are members of the same clique.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:40 pm

Fixxer wrote:
Most Hall of Fame are mostly entertainment stuff. The Pop and Rock Hall of fame, it should be called. Metal artists are not very welcomed, unless they had highly successful maintream success. A band like Judas Priest had that mainstream success but was left out. Usually, these organizations are about who you know and not exactly about your achievements or popularity.

I gotta admit that I was never really into Children of Bodom. Still, I got to say that Alexi Laiho has been on the shredder's radar for at least 15 years. He is a well known guitarist and should have been honored that way!

I am a sports fan and most of the Hall of fame, the "borderline" entries, are people who are friends of the people in charge of voting. Meanwhile, people who should be more deserving are left, out due to not being friends with the little gang in charge.

Yeah I mean Children of Bodoms style was not for everyone for sure, but yeah Alexi Laiho was talented for sure and it's sad he's gone now. But yeah me and my brother both really liked that band and Alexi specifically. He had an older sister to...and goddamn I cannot imagine if I lost one of my younger brothers or my sister for that matter so yeah I feel bad for her.

And yeah based on this and the other comment and well what I already know deep down inside, I am beginning to think for sure things like the Rock and Roll hall of fame are pretty meaningless and not worth giving too much thought to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 1:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Fnord wrote:
It is like when the only people to receive "Employee of The Month" awards are members of the same clique.

I'd for sure be the person who never gets the employee of the month award(even though I take pride in focusing on my work and work and getting it done to the best of my ability and don't really care about socializing when I am doing work so I can stay focused for quite a while actually without falling into distractions)...then again I think I would prefer it that way to, the recognition might make me feel awkward. Really I just want to work from home...which may be a possibility now since I have been accepted to an online captioning service so if I can be one of the people behind some of those closed captionings you see on t.v. if I get good enough at it I could probably quit my physical job and me and my boyfriend could still make rent just fine.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2021, 2:15 pm

If I were in a band, I'd be honored by not being in the hall of fame.

/Mats

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 3:01 am

mohsart wrote:
If I were in a band, I'd be honored by not being in the hall of fame.

/Mats

:lol:

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 6:35 am

I somehow confused Children of Bodom for Cradle of Filth. These are 2 bands that I heard a lot about, but I was more into Classic of Nu-Metal.

I don't know how high it is in their repertoire, but I did this song here. And.... yes, Alexi left us way too soon. I have a July 2005 Guitar World and there were a few licks of his thrown here and there.