Question about having sadism and ASD at the same time

Page 6 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:17 am

FranzOren wrote:
I also wanted to go to mental hospital once after I texted 911 for the first time, when I was depressed, but my dad told me that It is dangerous to be there and that you die slowly with too many drugs that they give you and that they cans till give you shock therapy depending on the situation

It can be dangerous because it's hard to ensure everyone is receiving adequate care and attention and if the medications aren't right or the dose isn't right that can cause problems.

There's posters here who have volunteered for shock therapy, it's has a legitimate use when other methods have failed.

Obviously there's risks that might come with being placed in long-term care but for the people who need it the risks of not being placed in care start to exceed the risks of being placed in care.

As far as I know, as long as it's a voluntary hold you have the right to voluntary remove yourself as well (like you describe).

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:23 am

My brother explained to me that it is a crime for mental hospitals to use shock therapy, but If I was being violent while having a psychotic manic episode, the SWAT team will come to put me in place with any force, even if it is very painful and then the doctors put me on drugs so I pass out.

That is what my brother explained it to me.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:34 am

It's just I though that police officers are there to stop crimes and handle crimes caused by psychosis, like in my situation for example.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 11:40 am

FranzOren wrote:
It's just I though that police officers are there to stop crimes and handle crimes caused by psychosis, like in my situation for example.

They are, but they don't care about the perp's interests so they won't help you, they'll only prevent you from acting or detain you to be punished after the fact.

Further, even if you're having an episode, getting whooped by a swat team isn't going to help you but might make your life a lot worse even if you never face criminal charges. Will permanent physical injuries or a life-altering brain injury improve things? Will having your loved ones witness you being bludgeoned help anyone?

You don't owe it to anyone to snitch on yourself for things you haven't done.
You do owe it to yourself to not invite further problems into your life.

Is there a hotline you can call for help when you need to discuss these things?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:00 pm

Thank you!

My dad told me that you can still be considered innocent, even though you were violent while being psychotic.

The teachers decided not to report me to the police, once I was being violent, I was suspended from school until I can proof that I can change.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:06 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Thank you!

My dad told me that you can still be considered innocent, even though you were violent while being psychotic.

The teachers decided not to report me to the police, once I was being violent, I was suspended from school until I can proof that I can change.

One who is in the midst of a severe enough mental health crisis might be found to have been too 'unwell' to bear legal responsibility for their actions or to lack the ability to understand why they're in trouble. The Greyhound bus killer is an example of that.

As a minor with mental health issues it's not uncommon you'd get a bit more leeway. I can understand why whether or not they blame you they still might not feel safe with you returning.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:20 pm

Thank you! I understood.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:45 pm

What is the difference between a mental defense in 18+ vs mental defense under age 18?

It's that you said that I get lesser sentence under 18, but as an 18 year old or older you still get punished but get mental health treatments at the same time?

How do police handle a violent psychotic 18 year old vs anyone 17 and under who were found to be violent and psychotic?

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:50 pm

I am sorry if I asked so may questions! I feel like I am learning by asking questions.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:55 pm

Yes! I have hotline, but the mental health crisis list that the mental health staff gave to my parents while the police talked to me had so may contact information.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:57 pm

FranzOren wrote:
What is the difference between a mental defense in 18+ vs mental defense under age 18?

It's that you said that I get lesser sentence under 18, but as an 18 year old or older you still get punished but get mental health treatments at the same time?

How do police handle a violent psychotic 18 year old vs anyone 17 and under who were found to be violent and psychotic?

I don't know about legally, but I know that people perceived as kids sometimes get mercy adults don't.

I'm not sure how police would handle it. Luckily I've never been handled by police in regards to violence.

You could always look for other hotlines for support. I'm sure some are anonymous and you could also block your number when you call.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:02 pm

I was afraid that if the police was there, they would somehow have to restrain me from throwing tables. That restrain might be painful, but it is the only way to stop me from being even more violent and it might safe my life from hurting myself. Then the police handcuffs me, calls my parents, I get suspended from school and then I go home and rest for a while until I feel well.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:10 pm

FranzOren wrote:
I was afraid that the police would somehow have to restrain me from throwing tables. That restrain might be painful, but it is the only way to stop me from being even more violent and it might safe my life from hurting myself. Then the police handcuffs me, calls my parents, I get suspended from school and then I go home and rest for a while until I feel well.

That sounds like a best case scenario though because an officer also might choose to escalate and confront you and then use a higher degree of force 'because he was threatened'. I'm not worried about restraint being painful, I'm worried about restraint or other physical force that's actually injurious. If you're hoping that they'll not harm you that's a different cost/benefit situation than if they bust your jaw or give you a head injury or permanent joint damage.

And since you're in the US there's also the possibility that they just shoot your ass and claim the scissors you never actually were touching, or the chair you threw was a deadly weapon.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:13 pm

I hope nowadays police have enough training to deal with a violent psychotic person. Killing a psychotic person is in very rare case the last resort if they were like The Joker from the Batman movie, for example.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:19 pm

What I meant is that I was paranoid and had Delusion of grandeur. I might attack police officers in that psychotic state, but at the same time, I have no idea they are police officers and them confronting me would not work. I would not understand them at all and I also had a very severe manic episode.

What would the police have done in this situation?

Because I meant to hurt my enemies in my brain when in reality I was attacking innocent people without intending to do so.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 1:24 pm

FranzOren wrote:
What I meant is that I was paranoid and had Delusion of grandeur. I might attack police officers in that psychotic state, but at the same time, I have no idea they are police officers and them confronting me would not work. I would not understand them at all and I also had a very severe manic episode.

What would the police have done in this situation?

Because I meant to hurt my enemies in my brain when in reality I was attacking innocent people without intending to do so.

They might kill you if they feel it's justified.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う