How can I get rid of this phlegm at the back of my throat?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Apr 2021, 10:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I think it is there when I'm standing as well but I don't feel or notice it so much because I'm not focusing on it, and it's not causing any problems like difficulties swallowing or breathing or any pain. It's just annoying when trying to sleep. But it is hay fever season.
Hay fever sure can s#ck. Since your mostly bothered when trying to sleep, perhaps taking a more potent antihistamine at bedtime would help. Something like Benadryl or another older one that tends to be more sedating than the Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec, & Xyzal stuff. Benadryl makes me hyper & I've tried the other 4 I mentioned & they aren't strong enough. Xyzal helped me the best & I've been on it for years but it's just not strong enough.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 10:54 pm

before i gave up [for the most part] gluten and gliadin, i had chronic PND and recurring sinus infections esp. in spring and winter. after cleaning up my diet, this vastly reduced. YMMV.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:06 pm

I have often been dealing with that kind of thing in my throat that bugs me like I had some to "spit out". I think some of it has to do with dehydration.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 1:17 pm

my sister uses a saline nasal/sinus rinse to get rid of her back of the throat phlegm. :idea: