Black Box - Snap Circuits Rover controled by Arduino

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2021, 8:50 pm

I posted a question about Snap Circuits and Arduino on the Arduino Forum.
The only response I got was from a moderator who patted me on the head and explained that that was a Arduino Forum and what I wanted was a Snap Circuits forum.
I don't think there is such a thing.
What I was hoping for was a smart electrical engineer/hacker/maker who would help me reverse-engineer and replace a part of a Snap Circuits thing with an Arduino so I could control it.
I can think of several responses - I know there must be someone on the Arduino forum who knows enough to reverse a circuit - but I think I must have broken some "social rule" with my post. The trick is to "talk their language" (which apparently I didn't do) enough to catch the attention of the person I want.
I could post again - not mention Snap Circuits and only talk about my Arduino and how I want use it to control something but then they will want to know "what". Then I may be back in the same boat. Somehow it feels like I need the right social skills in order to get the tech skills I need to complete the project.
Frustrating.
Not sure what to do next.
Anyone here know enough about black-box electronic analysis to guide me?
Anyone here broken the code of asking questions on a new forum and getting an answer when you are not already "in the in crowd"?
I read the "read this before posting" and really tried but no response. Was I too top down? Too many "extra details"?

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=733281.0
Snap Circuits Rover controled by Arduino