Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:08 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
That the ones I know who have had the vaccine that I have seen look ill. Their skin looks grey and they look like they have had a hard time. My Mum has said the same thing.

Lol. Nope.

Everyone in my family from my sisters, me, my parents, and even my 95-year-old grandma all seem totally the same as they did before. Personally, I am extremely fit. I will say that for the first couple of days after I didn't feel very well, but that was due to expected side effects. Could that be what you are noticing?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:29 pm

Admittedly, some folk in Florida think the vaccines are a bad idea.

But, before you follow their lead, consider Florida's reputation!

Pick a link:                1               2               3     

I have a lot of family in Florida and have been visiting them there since 1979. Without confessing anything specifically about my family, I'll say I didn't see anything there that makes the stories in those three links hard to believe.

On the other hand: "New rise in Covid cases shows that, yes, the vaccines work"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:38 pm

Floridiot ... Covidiot ... What is the difference?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Apr 2021, 3:47 pm

Alligators? :scratch:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 8:28 pm

Oh, Crud! I just realized...

Pick a link:               1                    2                    3     

or:

Pick a link:               1                    2                    3     

But, I still won't try to tie this to him: "New rise in Covid cases shows that, yes, the vaccines work"

P.S. At least where I am, they gave vaccination priority to the most-aged and those with the most health problems. So we're talking about gray-haired, perhaps normally a bit pale folk that might not have gotten any sunlight in a year! They really might have looked a bit bleached after getting their vaccine (and I do not mean in the Trump-said-to-drink-it sense!)...and before getting it, too!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 10:03 pm

Granted I already was probably looking fairly zombie-esque before I got the vaccine due to severe depression, but the only difference I had was a day or so of not-quite-even-moderate soreness in my arm, and the rest of my family (all of whom were vaccinated a few days before me) don’t seem any different and have not complained of anything more than a bit of arm soreness, either (granted, we’re all on shot one of two). No worse for any of us than a tetanus booster. (My brother and I both fall into the “immunocompromised” category, though I’m done with chemo and my last lab checks came back in the “normal” ranges) My mom’s parents (both in their eighties) had both doses and the only thing was that my grandpa’s temperature went up a little for a couple hours after the first one (I think), which he only knew because he’s been keeping a record of his temperature every day. I think all of us had the Pfizer one, but am not one hundred percent certain. Not discounting anyone else’s experiences, just providing my own.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Apr 2021, 2:26 am

I guess my skin is greyish of fatigue with staying indoors in conditions not really meant for it that long-term - but when I go outside, you won't see it for my mask and warm clothes.
When I get vaccinated and I start visiting people mask-free, they'll see it.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>