Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 9:42 am

That the ones I know who have had the vaccine that I have seen look ill. Their skin looks grey and they look like they have had a hard time. My Mum has said the same thing.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:10 am

I'll make a note of this and watch those people I know here who get the various vaccines.
Probably not going to be able to remember who got which specific vaccine, just that they got the vaccine.

One fellow in creative writers group and one in model train club I know have gotten a vaccine.
Haven't seen the one in train club since then but have seen the one at writers group a couple times since and he looks his normal so far as I can recall.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 3:01 pm

All 3 of us who have had the vaccine in my household, including me, have been just fine with no side effects.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 3:10 pm

Everyone I know who has gotten the vaccine has been fine. The side effects they have had don't sound any worse than the Tdap vaccine, which kids and adults get all the time with no issue.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 3:32 pm

We got Pfizer shots. I had no side-effects. My bride was very tired the day after each shot but fine after that.

As best as I can remember, we were the same color before and after the shots.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 3:33 pm

Long-haulers often report symptoms improving after the vaccine so I will be getting it as soon as possible.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:08 pm

All four members of my family that have gotten the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna) including myself are fine. Skin looks normal. I have had dark splotches on my hands for almost a year and these seem to be healing after the vaccine. These splotches are similar to the ones experienced by individuals who were infected with the coronavirus. They began to appear on my hands shortly after I was bitten by a stinging fly. So I thought that perhaps they were the result of a virus transmitted by insect bites.

That might go along with the observations from funeralxempire.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:07 pm

Could it be the type used in my area? Or could it be that the people may have been fighting off something in their system where there bodies were already weakened? I don't know. All I know is what I and my Mum have seen.
Two people we know of (Both Mums of two seperate family friends so one would be in her late 40's to 50's and the other would be in her 70's) have been hospitalized after having the vaccine and while I have not heared what happened to the younger lady, the older one was said was in a bad was and she was not expecting to survive.
Another two people I know have been very ill after having it but have survived and did not need to be taken into hospital. (Oh. And an elderly gentleman who we know has passed away after having it but he did have health issues so he may have died anyway?)
I do not know a lot of people so I can't say how many people have had no effects and have been ok to compare, as I guess it is normal to hear people when they have had issues but the ones who have not had issues one probably not hear much from because there is nothing unusual to say. News travels like that sometimes.

I am glad to hear that many of you have had positive experiences so that is good. At least it balances out the negative ones I have heard.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:45 pm

I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine, the first in January and the second at the beginning of March.

The first dose made me feel poorly for about 24 hours - fatigue, muscle and joint pain, headache and significant nausea.

The second made by feel a little fatigued with some nausea for about 4 hours.

The only thing that has persisted since the initial dose is headaches - I am having them every couple of days. They respond well to over the counter pain relief. I am not usually prone to them. Hopefully they will diminish in time.

Not pleasant, but preferable to being on a ventilator and possibly not seeing any of my family again.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 7:46 pm

Double Retired wrote:
We got Pfizer shots. I had no side-effects. My bride was very tired the day after each shot but fine after that.

As best as I can remember, we were the same color before and after the shots.
We are both 66.

I don't know which shot he got but my Dad got the vaccines shortly before his 91st birthday. I spoke to him by telephone on his 91st birthday--he's fine, still just old.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 8:52 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
That the ones I know who have had the vaccine that I have seen look ill. Their skin looks grey and they look like they have had a hard time. My Mum has said the same thing.
Is this for real, or are you just expressing anti-vaccine sentiments?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2021, 5:50 pm

Time will Tell . Long Term Results are unrecorded Territory for Now .

wishing Everyone Great Health ..

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 6:37 pm

I look the same post-vaccine as what I looked like pre-vaccine.

I had slight flu-like symptoms for maybe 24 hours after the second Moderna shot.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:15 pm

An awful lot of people in this part of the U.S. have had the vaccines.

There is a lot of gray hair...but the vaccine did not cause it. They had it anyways.

I have not heard of any gray people. (Pale? Yes! We've been holed up in our homes for a year!)

If you are vaccinated you are less likely to catch COVID-19 from anyone. And even if you manage to catch it, aren't they saying your symptoms would likely be milder? In other words, you are almost certainly better off getting vaccinated.

Even though Donald Trump was downplaying COVID-19 and not aggressively working to contain it, he secretly got vaccinated in January!

If your doctor says you are medically able to get the vaccine, you should want to get it. As soon as you can.

Just figure you might have annoying side-effects for a day or two afterwards. Though, I didn't. (I did lose this past weekend to tree pollen though.) :pale:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2021, 2:23 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

Which shot did they take?
Among the people I know, the A-Z vaccines can give pretty bad side effects (though still uncomparable to full symptoms of the disease) like knocking one out with fever for 24h. The m-RNA ones usually don't.

Anyway, I'm going to take whatever will be available when I can register - I want to safely frequent my favorite climbing gym again ;)

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Apr 2021, 6:36 am

Had my first (AstraZeneca) and looking forward to the second in a week or so.
I felt a bit rough the day after (headache, nausea, dizziness) but the day after that - fine. Twelve family members have had both (AstraZeneca again) with no effects whatever.

My pasty white lockdown skin is showing no signs of grayness. :lol: