The Least Discriminated Group Of Men In The US (Dating Wise)

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 8:16 am

Muse933277 wrote:
This is going to be a hot take. If you're tall white male with a normal BMI, you are the most privileged group of men in the realm of dating and face the least amount of discrimination from women, at least in America but perhaps in other parts of the world as well.
Is it safe to assume that you are a short, non-white male with an abnormal BMI?

Is this really just another "I cannot get a date/girlfriend/lover" thread?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 10:09 am

A lot of what is considered attractive is based on the culture you grew up in.

I used to live in a small redneck town and if you weren't a white country boy, most women wanted nothing to do with you.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

My appearance is very much like the man in my avatar, yet my wife still loves me and her sisters still like me after more than a quarter-century.  Sure, appearance is important, but so what?  A lot of a person's attractiveness is based on their attitude, too!  If you seem angry, depressed, desperate, or mentally disturbed, you are not likely to romantically attract anyone, no matter how physically nice you look (unless you are wealthy and/or look like a demi-god/goddess).  If you seem pleasant, cheerful, confident, or mentally stable, you are more likely to romantically attract someone, no matter how physically "un-nice" you look (unless you are penniless and/or are bug-ugly).  All of these "X has it better than Y" threads are equally predictable -- the originators all seem to believe that their personal experiences are the same for everyone else as well.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 10:29 am

cyberdad wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:
This is going to be a hot take. If you're tall white male with a normal BMI, you are the most privileged group of men in the realm of dating and face the least amount of discrimination from women, at least in America but perhaps in other parts of the world as well.

Tall, white, physically fit, paid job and NT = top of the food chain

I could pass for all of those except NT at one point, it doesn't mean you'll pass the sniff test. :oops:

Even guys I know who hit all of the qualifiers sometimes struggle.

Yeah I worked with an NT guy who ticked all the boxes but struggled with women. He ended up becoming a simp to a girl who was using him and she looked like a puppet from a star wars movie.

Even at Honda I'd watch guys who work there, NT, decent looking, not guano-headed, etc struggle while guys who seemed 'on paper' less likely to succeed sometimes did.

Luck and other intangibles matter when trying to understand why some people succeed in this regard and others don't.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:03 am

I'd feel more comfortable & less disingenuous being attractive for weird reasons than anything normal.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:04 am

:shrug:

I doubt anyone in this thread exactly knows what we're really talking about anyway.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:06 am

cberg wrote:

I doubt anyone in this thread exactly knows what we're really talking about anyway.
Women and sex, of course!

What else is there to talk about?

:wink:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:19 am

It just feels like we're all lost in buzzwords & online statistics lately.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

cberg wrote:

The thread topic is highly subjective, that's why.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 7:57 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:

This.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 8:11 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:

This.

Infact that probably defines the proxy ruling class. One of the odd things I notice is observing the students attend elite private schools here in Melbourme where the bulk (male and female) look like young GAP models. Even the female students are tall/striking. I guess selective breeding as has been happening over multiple generations, the original wealthy class marry attractive partners and keep it going rolling into the next generation.