The Least Discriminated Group Of Men In The US (Dating Wise)

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 5:09 pm

This is going to be a hot take. If you're tall white male with a normal BMI, you are the most privileged group of men in the realm of dating and face the least amount of discrimination from women, at least in America but perhaps in other parts of the world as well.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 5:44 pm

I take a stroll in the nearby park every weekend and over the past year I've been seeing an increase of certain kinds of interracial couples out for a walk.

White women like Oktoberfest year-round, and black men are clearly cookin'.

That's what I'm seeing.

Last edited by r00tb33r on 30 Mar 2021, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 5:45 pm

I'm a short white male with a high BMI.....

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:21 pm

If a girl won't give you a chance because of your skin/height/weight, she is likely too immature for any kind of stable LTR

If you're looking for a quick hookup, then these things may have a greater impact, sure.

Not sure what you want out of life...
:shrug:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:27 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
This is going to be a hot take. If you're tall white male with a normal BMI, you are the most privileged group of men in the realm of dating and face the least amount of discrimination from women, at least in America but perhaps in other parts of the world as well.

Tall, white, physically fit, paid job and NT = top of the food chain

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 6:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:

I could pass for all of those except NT at one point, it doesn't mean you'll pass the sniff test. :oops:

Even guys I know who hit all of the qualifiers sometimes struggle.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 8:53 pm

that1weirdgrrrl wrote:
If a girl won't give you a chance because of your skin/height/weight, she is likely too immature for any kind of stable LTR

I don't know, I would say the vast majority of people are choosing romantic partners based on superficial qualities such as physical appearance, regardless of whether or not they admit to it, even perfectly mature and rational people. It seems to me that most relationships start from superficial grounds such as if the person is hot enough, if they're rich enough, etc...

To me, actions speak louder than words. My sister, who is a 5 ft 2 conventionally attractive neurotypical blonde, has only dated tall attractive white men. All of her boyfriends fit this mold of the tall white guy, and yes she got married to a tall white guy too who's not only vertically blessed, but he's smart too and makes good money. I highly doubt my sister would date some 5 ft 5 minority guy, whether she admits to it or not. She's not full blown racist but to be honest, she's kind of wary of black people based on her comments about them sometimes. I remember one time I had to drive her to get her car repaired and when a black worker came to get her car, she told me "a black guy took my car from me, I hope he doesn't steal it."

And then you see girls from my church who are either dating or married to 6 ft tall white guys as well. Even girls who are 5 ft 3, 5 ft 2, or shorter, are mostly dating white guys of at least average height. That's why I'm convinced that anybody who's shorter than 5 ft 8 and an ethic minority is at a disadvantage in the dating game, at least where I'm at.

Where I come from, if you're not a fit white guy of at least average height, you're automatically at a disadvantage in the game of dating.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:29 pm

I should be at a disadvantage, then.

My only “attribute” is that I’m white.

I’m just under 5 foot 5, and I’m a little chubby. I don’t seem smart at first glance. I’m not wealthy.

I should just give up, huh?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2021, 10:53 pm

Quote:
She's not full blown racist but to be honest, she's kind of wary of black people based on her comments about them sometimes. I remember one time I had to drive her to get her car repaired and when a black worker came to get her car, she told me "a black guy took my car from me, I hope he doesn't steal it."

That's full blown racist mate.

And downright stupid.

An employee of a car garage isn't going to value stealing her stupid car over his job. She needs a reality check and needs to drop that ego.

I'm guessing you live in the south of the USA.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 12:09 am

hurtloam wrote:

That's full blown racist mate.

And downright stupid.

An employee of a car garage isn't going to value stealing her stupid car over his job. She needs a reality check and needs to drop that ego.

I don't know why she dislikes black people. Maybe she had negative experiences with them growing up, and not to mention that she's a fairly privileged white girl who probably didn't have a lot of social interaction with black people all that much.

But I will say this, my sister tends to dislike people in general. She's a very high strung and emotional individual and people tend to agitate her quite easily, so this could explain why she doesn't like people all that much. She likes to gossip and talk crap about other people when she's in a bad mood, which always doesn't sit well with me but that's simply her personality. When she's in a good mood however, she's fine and perfectly pleasant to be around. I suspect she might have some sort of personality disorder (if that's a thing) such as mild bipolar because she's an extremely emotional and neurotic person, like a high 90 out of 100 on the neurotic scale.

I mean I'm a fairly privileged white person myself but I don't hate black people. I had black friends growing up, and I worked many restaurant jobs where there were many black co-workers that I was buddies with. Did I deal with some unfriendly black people? Yeah sure, but there were plenty others who seemed nice and were cool individuals.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 12:27 am

The least discriminated group of people dating-wise are going to be those who are conventionally very attractive. It's that simple.

A man could conceivably possess all of the traits you listed and still have an ugly face or unattractive body. It doesn't make much sense to me to try to construct a category of most "privileged" men in dating if that category doesn't extensively exclude pretty much any man who's going to struggle for any reason pertaining to physicality.

What are you trying to achieve?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 2:36 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
The least discriminated group of people dating-wise are going to be those who are conventionally very attractive. It's that simple.

If they are homeless then good looks ain't going to be that helpful except in pulling Johns.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 2:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Muse933277 wrote:

I could pass for all of those except NT at one point, it doesn't mean you'll pass the sniff test. :oops:

Even guys I know who hit all of the qualifiers sometimes struggle.

Yeah I worked with an NT guy who ticked all the boxes but struggled with women. He ended up becoming a simp to a girl who was using him and she looked like a puppet from a star wars movie.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 6:59 am

Actions are louder than words, yes.

I don't take the "it just happened to be so and so" seriously; patterns are actions too.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 7:01 am

Muse, check this old topic: viewtopic.php?t=275336

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 8:07 am

I have found that it is absolutely useless to analyze "why.' It's a waste of valuable time.

I used to analyze "why."

I once asked a woman "why?" She said, in essence, that it's just the luck of the draw.

I stopped analyzing "why" right after she said this.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 31 Mar 2021, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.