Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 12:03 am

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 6:51 am

smudge wrote:
*Wonders if we're going to eventually go to war with China*

I mean, everybody is purposely being provoked and separated around the world, the media focusing on lots of protests and riots, them being caused deliberately etc. They're riling people up and making them angry and setting them against each other deliberately. COVID might be their excuse to go to war with China while people are riled up and are of the "Us verses them" attitude.

8O

But what do I know? I'm just a conspirathy theoritht.

I thought wording it like that looked funnier. I dunno.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 9:57 am

Quote:
The chairman of a COVID-19 origins task force affiliated with the Lancet scientific journals has disbanded the commission over its ties to controversial researcher Peter Daszak and his EcoHealth Alliance.

Columbia University professor Jeffrey Sachs told the Wall Street Journal on Saturday that he was concerned with the links to Daszak, who led the task force until recusing himself from that role in June.

Daszak, who lives in New York, devoted his career to championing so-called 'gain of function' research to engineer coronavirus to be more deadly to humans, arguing that it was the best chance to detect and prevent a global pandemic.

Shocking documents released this week revealed his 2018 proposal to help the Wuhan Institute of Virology engineer bat coronaviruses to be more deadly, by inserting genetic features that are similar to those found in SARS-CoV-2.

There is still no conclusive proof as to whether COVID-19, a coronavirus linked to bats, first jumped to humans from a wild animal or in a lab setting.

But from the early days of the pandemic, Daszak has made every effort to paint the lab origin hypothesis as a 'conspiracy theory,' including masterminding a letter in the Lancet that established a veneer of scientific consensus that natural origin was the only possibility.

If the virus did emerge from a lab performing the experiments he championed, it would be a crushing blow to Daszak's research. Natural origin, on the other hand, would vindicate his life's work seeking to prevent the next pandemic.

Several members of the disbanded Lancet task force have collaborated with Daszak or EcoHealth Alliance on projects in the past.

'I just didn't want a task force that was so clearly involved with one of the main issues of this whole search for the origins, which was EcoHealth Alliance,' Dr. Sachs told the Journal.

Sachs said a new Lancet Covid-19 Commission would continue studying the origins for a report to be published in mid-2022, but broaden its scope to include input from other experts on biosafety concerns, including risky laboratory research.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028443/Lancets-COVID-origins-panel-disbands-ties-Peter-Daszaks-EcoHealth-Alliance.html

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 8:15 pm

Politics gave us the pandemic.
Stupid humans. :lmao:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 7:23 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

Brictoria wrote:

That was a rather DRASTIC video.

The silver lining here is that whenever people try to shout someone done by skreaming "Conspiracy Theory", we can use the covid coverup to put them in their place.
Remember when people said it was a ridiculous suggestion that the virus excaped the lab? lol

"Communicate openly"?
Are you serious?
What idiot would want to an open, objective and honest discussion to determine the Truth of what happened?
Stupid idea.
The state of the Great Barriar Reef is another example where there are those who want to pervert the Truth for political gain.

The starting point should not be: "It's a conspiracy".
It should be: We don't know and we need to investigate.

I remember people skreaming down others who embraced the scientific methodology approach.
Staggering. Do I think they have learnt their lesson now?
Hopefully, some have.

Yes, it is quite infectious, fauci boss. lol

"ECOHEALTH alliance".
The mother of all misnomers. 8O :lmao:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 8:20 pm

^ I AGREE WITH YOU.

Quote:

To continue: You don't know what you don't know. Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean it isn't there. New discoveries open up whole new fields of ignorance. Etc.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 9:29 pm

smudge wrote:
^ I AGREE WITH YOU.

Quote:

To continue: You don't know what you don't know. Just because you can't see it, it doesn't mean it isn't there. New discoveries open up whole new fields of ignorance. Etc.

As opposed to the approach of those screaming "Conspiracy Theory":
It's a "conspiracy theory" because there's no evidence...
There's no evidence because we didn't look for it...
We didn't look for it because it's a "conspiracy theory"...

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2021, 9:35 pm

^ Exactly. FTR, I watch Russel Brand's YT channel too. :D He's very funny, very open-minded and is very intelligent, he thinks for himself and admits it when he doesn't know something. I like him a lot.

Off topic, I don't like how he ghosted Katy Perry, though that's old news.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 4:19 am

Quote:
In early November 2019, Wuhan doctor Wang Lei was treating patients in the city as a mysterious illness began to take hold.

While medics soon realised they were facing a new coronavirus, they were forbidden from speaking out about it, with Covid-19 only officially being declared a pandemic months later, in March 2020.

But according to Dr Wang, there was a chilling sign the city was not facing an ordinary flu back in that first month.

In Sharri Markson’s explosive new book, What Really Happened in Wuhan, Dr Wang – whose name has been changed for his own protection – told the Sky News reporter a flu alert was sent to doctors in November warning them of a severe influenza.

But already there were clues this was something far worse, with some high school classes also shutting down in early November – something which would never happen over a mere flu outbreak.

[...]

“It is a really big deal … it is consistent with other evidence uncovered in the book from various sources, which all adds up to show Covid was definitely spreading in November with a lot of community transmission,” she said.

“If they said at the very start, this is a contagious coronavirus and we need to implement (travel) bans, the whole outcome could have been different.

“We might never have been able to shut down the global spread, but we just don’t know – we never had the chance.”

Markson’s anger over the widespread misinformation and inaction in the early days of the pandemic is palpable, and the reporter, who lost her own grandmother to the virus, said her goal in publishing the book was to encourage readers to discover the truth as well as to push for a greater investigation of the origins of the pandemic, to prevent future tragedies.

She said she had been particularly frustrated by the denial of the possibility Covid-19 was the result of a lab leak at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, an idea which was initially dismissed as a “conspiracy theory”.

“I could see as I started looking into the activities of the Wuhan Institute of Virology … the extent of the cover ups,” she said.

“Scientists couldn’t get papers published – they were literally silenced and censored – so I needed to tell everyone this story because it was so frustrating when the likelihood is the virus in some shape or form leaked from the Wuhan lab, yet (media organisations) are telling us it’s a conspiracy theory.

“I wanted to put it all out there in the public domain so the world would read it and hopefully, ultimately we can get to the bottom of why this has started.

“The Chinese Communist Party’s cover up has been extreme, but it has been a double cover up, with scientific and media complicity.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/global/wuhan-high-school-classes-shut-over-mystery-virus-as-early-as-november-2019/news-story/419453a881bd7d92209d42966cb7b6a1

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2021, 4:36 am

It is poultry paltry solace that people can't shout down others, in the future, simply for applying the scientific methodology.

Didn't I say you can't blindly accept anything/k the establishment says? :scratch:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 1:58 pm

But is DRASTIC reliable? They can be refuted because they're basically a bunch of online geeks.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 5:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But is DRASTIC reliable? They can be refuted because they're basically a bunch of online geeks.

Less reliable than spokespeople with a political agenda?
In my estimation, no. 8)

What astounds me is the number of useful idiots blindly trusting purported authority figures.
How naive do idiots people have to be to simply accept everything/k the establishment propagates?
How many examples of the corruption of the system does one have to observe before it sinks in?
Apparently, an infinite amount for some who are blinded by hyperpartisanship. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2021, 5:33 pm

smudge wrote:
^ Exactly. FTR, I watch Russel Brand's YT channel too. :D He's very funny, very open-minded and is very intelligent, he thinks for himself and admits it when he doesn't know something. I like him a lot.

Off topic, I don't like how he ghosted Katy Perry, though that's old news.

Yes, I found his podcast entertaining and informative, also.
I suspect he is part skunk. :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 2:13 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In my estimation, no. 8)

What astounds me is the number of useful idiots blindly trusting purported authority figures.
How naive do idiots people have to be to simply accept everything/k the establishment propagates?
How many examples of the corruption of the system does one have to observe before it sinks in?
Apparently, an infinite amount for some who are blinded by hyperpartisanship. 8O

I am playing the devil’s advocate. When I showed this news to a friend his first reaction that he can’t take DRASTIC seriously because they’re a community of tweeters.
Couldn’t find a counter argument for that - but I would say one should judge the content they provided rather than the messenger.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2021, 2:21 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

In my estimation, no. 8)

I am playing the devil’s advocate. When I showed this news to a friend his first reaction that he can’t take DRASTIC seriously because they’re a community of tweeters.
Couldn’t find a counter argument for that - but I would say one should judge the content they provided rather than the messenger.

Presumably, your friend believes the "97% of scientists agree about global warming" people.
It was found to be 97% of *political activists* agree. 8O
"Mickey Mouse" was one of the participants, btw. :lmao: