Coronavirus originated in a lab requires investigation

Page 6 of 10 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:46 pm

Pepe wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:
Don't those people have EVER studied virology?! ! Like, AT ALL?! !

From what I've learned about viruses, they evolve into different kinds.

If that's true, then perhaps China was NOT directly responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic, and everyone else are just being intolerable scumbags about it! :roll:

Last I remembered, didn't people blame the Jews for the Black Plague?

I suggest you do some research, son. 8)

From what I have seen, most of those speaking out against the "lab leak" theory regarding the source of the virus fall into the "man-made virus" conspiracy theory followers, and seem incapable of considering the possibility of "human error" - poorly fitted protective clothing, accident when handling naturally infected animals, accident when handling virus samples from captured animals, etc.

To me, based on what I have learned since the beginning of the pandemic, it seems obvious that it was an accidental transmission from the lab to the community.
Diseases escaping from a lab has happened a disturbing number of times.

When the ccp realised what happened, they kept the transmissibility to humans a secret so they could muddy the waters in regard to responsibility and to give themselves time to ransack protective equipment throughout the world.
The latter is a proven fact, and the Australian government confiscated illegal shipments.
Presumably, other countries did the same.

The criminality of knowingly letting infected Chinese people travel throughout the world was probably to confuse the origin and to cripple other countries economically.
And they will get away with it.
What an obscenity.

Brictoria wrote:
It's actually somewhat amusing that these people often go on to claim that saying it was from a lab is "racist" and would cause "hate" to be aimed at Chinese people (when a lab being the source would only reflect upon those who worked in, or were associated with, the lab), yet prefer to have the Chinese people associated with a "wet market" (which would likely have a worse result, given it would both reflect upon all who may possibly have shopped there, as well as on the citizens of a nation where this type of animal is consumed), rather than agreeing that it was probably simple human error\an accident with the handling of an animal which had been collected for testing, much as similar issues could occur in any country... Or maybe that's their intention?

I have always been confused why being politically progressive necessitates defending China. :?

If I recall right, Italy was hit hard due to tourists coming directly from Wuhan.

“have always been confused why being politically progressive necessitates defending China.”

Because Trump hates China, so they can’t agree with him on anything.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Trump also loves Israel, do you agree with him on that?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 5:58 pm

MaxE wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Most Americans love Israel; including Biden. Trump also halted Iran’s expansionism which was good for us.

Trump (and GOP in general) have better relations with Arab nations btw.

We collectively don’t trust the Democrats; historically speaking.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 7:24 pm

MaxE wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Pepe wrote:
MaxE wrote:
One doesn't trust governments per se.

China may be more totalitarian than the US, but I don't think they're in the same league as Nazi Germany and the USSR under Stalin (but not after Stalin?).

They aren't more totalitarian than Belarus.

A lot of that perception is really cultural and it's a matter of which side you're on. Confucianism promotes a consensus-driven society. Japan might seem totalitarian to us if we were told to view them as an enemy. As for human rights, they are doing things the US has done earlier in its history, so I'm not that quick to judge.

Also the US may be on a short path to totalitarianism, let's see how things look 4 years from now. The irony is that the "conspirators" bringing this about are operating in full view of an impotent public, thumbing their noses at those who dread our future.

China/ccp:
Human rights abuses:
-Tibetans.
-Uighurs.
-Organ harvesting.
-Slave labour.
-Hong Kong "annexed" years earlier despite a legal arrangement.
-The merciless intimidation of Tawain.
-Big brother incarnate with surveillance in public via facial recognition technologies and a social credit/debit system, and even in private homes, to rewards those who blindly follow totalitarian mandates while punishing others who choose individuality.
-A legal system where 99% of defendants are found guilty.
-Journalists abducted without trial and some, never to be heard of again.
-Doctors who tried to inform the world of the dangers of the coronavirus disappearing or found dead.

You're right.
China/ccp is the bedrock of integrity.
The pinnacle of social egalitarianism. [sarcasm] 8)

But they hate America, and that makes them morally superior.

This sort of ranting and throwing out extreme accusations does nothing to advance the discussion. Quite possibly this thread should be locked for that reason.

"Ranting"?
"Oh, ok."
So you think the list of human rights abuses I have listed aren't valid.
"Interesting".

Once again, why does the progressive side of politics overwhelmingly defend China?
You are a progressive, right? :scratch:

And why do predominantly progressives want to stifle freedom of speech and engage in cancel culture? :scratch:
Careful, your hyperpartisan slip is showing. :mrgreen:

MaxE wrote:
BTW I gave some more thought to what I can remember learning about Belarus and have decided that Belarus is more totalitarian than China.

I have a problem with all totalitarian governments.
Would *you* be comfortable living under the thumb of one of them?
If so, please feel free to emigrate. 8)

MaxE wrote:
So I hope it's obvious to most people that describing a person who gives the Chinese government credit for being somewhat less totalitarian than Belarus as a "supporter" or "apologist" for the CCP is ridiculous.

"Oh ok."
So you are saying you just made a logically valid statement?
"Interesting."
I can explain why that is not the case if you wish. 8)

MaxE wrote:
OTOH it also seems to me the US is on a trajectory to become totalitarian in 5 years. Once the Republican Party regains control of Congress and the White House, they will present events of the last year or so as proof that serious restrictions on political activity are needed for the good of the country, so that what happened in November 2020 won't happen again and Americans can be safe.

If the Democrats continue making "epic failures" as they did in the Afghanistan rout withdrawal, then you may be right.
Most opposition parties don't win the election.
Incumbent administrations lose them. 8)

For the record.
Trump winning the next election would be a devastating blow to social harmony.
Trump is a disrupture and will only cause more chaos which will hasten America's decline.

America needs to find another Republican representative other than Trump, imo. 8)
But then, what do I know?
I am not an American citizen and have been told on many occasions that I should be silenced/cancelled. 8O
Ironically, this is coming from citizens of the land of the free. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 7:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Most Americans love Israel; including Biden. Trump also halted Iran’s expansionism which was good for us.

Trump (and GOP in general) have better relations with Arab nations btw.

We collectively don’t trust the Democrats; historically speaking.

Why are you telling it as it is? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 7:36 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
It all comes back to defending one's own tribe doesn't it?
People's beliefs on this issue (like many others) seems to always fall in line with their own political identity.

Why are some people persisting in tell it as it is? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Hyperpartisanship happens on both sides of the political fence.
It is easy to identify when it shows its ugly head. 8)

People should simply snap out of it.
It is embarrassing. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 7:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
OTOH it also seems to me the US is on a trajectory to become totalitarian in 5 years. Once the Republican Party regains control of Congress and the White House, they will present events of the last year or so as proof that serious restrictions on political activity are needed for the good of the country, so that what happened in November 2020 won't happen again and Americans can be safe.

Remind me again, which party is attempting to control state elections at the federal level, add additional states to the union that would guarantee them Senate dominance, break up the electoral college, and pack the Supreme Court so that they can rule unchallenged?

And isn't it the Democrats who are resisting voter eligibility reform and patronisingly suggesting the coloured population is too illiterate and will be disadvantaged if a form of identification, when voting, is required?
I am *almost* tempted to be sanctimonious. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 7:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The claim that "Coronavirus originated in a lab" is bogus.  Running the same investigation over and over again while expecting a different answer each time is a sign of insanity.  Sort of like those 11,000 votes trump kept asking for -- they never existed, either.

Is still a bogus? Even Biden demanded further investigation.

Why?

Please stop.
You are embarrassing people who took this cyclopean position. :mrgreen:

Hopefully, they now realise the importance of keeping a skeptical, open mind, until the facts come in. 8)
And hopefully, they are now enlightened as to how politics will suck the life out of the Truth to service a political narrative. 8)

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Leak from lab =/= man-made

The old Sars was accidentally leaked from lab too in China in 2004.

And oh they lied too about it at first back then.

Some people never learn and find blind obedience to a political agenda life fulfilling.
I don't understand "some" people. :?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 11:43 pm

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The claim that "Coronavirus originated in a lab" is bogus.  Running the same investigation over and over again while expecting a different answer each time is a sign of insanity.  Sort of like those 11,000 votes trump kept asking for -- they never existed, either.

Why?

Please stop.

Hopefully, they now realise the importance of keeping a skeptical, open mind, until the facts come in. 8)
And hopefully, they are now enlightened as to how politics will suck the life out of the Truth to service a political narrative. 8)

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Some people never learn and find blind obedience to a political agenda life fulfilling.

Biden wouldn’t have demanded further investigation if they don’t know something already. He wouldn’t embarrass himself without guarantees, unlike Trump he sounds to be a true politician (for the better or worse).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 11:49 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:

If that's true, then perhaps China was NOT directly responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic, and everyone else are just being intolerable scumbags about it! :roll:

That doesn’t rule out accidental leak of a natural virus.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 12:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Why?

Please stop.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Biden wouldn’t have demanded further investigation if they don’t know something already. He wouldn’t embarrass himself without guarantees, unlike Trump he sounds to be a true politician (for the better or worse).

The good thing is, after a decent amount of time to placate the anti Trumpers, the Biden administration is now looking at the issue.
Assuming it is a serious investigation, kudos for that. :thumright:

But shouldn't there have been some development, by now? :scratch:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 12:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:

Yes, his reasoning is flawed.
Also, he hasn't done his research.
In the beginning, before the coverup, a number of medical scientists pointed out that the coronavirus seemed to be manmade, particularly because it was inexplicably more contagious for humans, something that is an anomaly when you consider it was a bat virus.

Obviously, politics intervened, and the farce was created. 8)

Humans. :roll:
So many of the bastardos.
Not enough bags to throw them into the river. :mrgreen:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 3:16 am

Pepe wrote:

What. :x

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:03 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
Pepe wrote:

What. :x

Wot? 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 6:57 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
UncannyDanny wrote:

In the beginning, before the coverup, a number of medical scientists pointed out that the coronavirus seemed to be manmade, particularly because it was inexplicably more contagious for humans, something that is an anomaly when you consider it was a bat virus.

Obviously, politics intervened, and the farce was created. 8)

Humans. :roll:
So many of the bastardos.
Not enough bags to throw them into the river. :mrgreen:

Let's refer to science then.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7982270/

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran