Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:15 pm

Hey Kelly,

Welcome to WP.. many members are pretty cool, except most aren't as awesome as me.

8) :lol:

Yeah receiving a diagnosis certainly opens your eyes up. It it's a very different level of self understanding and you'll probably learn a ton on here from others POV and the experiences we share .. rest assured that your thoughts are valued and you hopefully will feel welcome and at home here on WP. :D

Dani.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 1:04 am

Fruit Bat wrote:
Hi everyone.

My name is Kelly. I'm female, 37, from California (USA). My user name comes from the song 'Ladies' by Fiona Apple, my favorite music artist.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers in 2011, when I was 27, and it completely changed my self-esteem and my life. I had spent my entire life thinking I was stupid, inarguably, obviously stupid, but then I was told I had AS and all of the things I thought were stupidity, like how I get lost easily, have a hard time understanding jokes and sarcasm, how I take everything literally, have a hard time understanding body language etc., was actually autism. It was such a relief to know there wasn't something wrong with me. I wasn't dumb, my brain just works differently than NT's brains, and that's ok. I gained so much self acceptance in the years following my diagnosis. It also explained why I get hyper-fixated on certain subjects.

Speaking of, my current special interests are eating disorders, border collies, Fiona Apple, and rhythmic gymnastics.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! :D

welcome to Wrong planet.