Dreaming About My Ex-Boyfriend

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2021, 11:55 pm

I been having dreams about my ex-boyfriend, we are still friends, I wish I could stop having dreams about him. Do anyone here stay friends with their ex?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2021, 12:02 am

My exbf and I split up in 2002, but we're still good friends.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 9:10 pm

i often wonder how people stay friends after break ups.. :?

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

09 Apr 2021, 6:21 am

I tried to stay friends with an ex once but we didn't make very good friends either :mrgreen:

I sometimes have bad dreams that we're still together and I'm so relieved when I wake up!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 6:45 am

Danusaurus wrote:
i often wonder how people stay friends after break ups.. :?

It depends on why you broke up.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

10 Apr 2021, 1:09 am

I had this friend on the spectrum and he was constantly tormented by dreams of his ex only to wake up and be without her. He wanted to marry her and couldn't forget her due to the constant dreams even when he got a new gf. It went on for many years, they had like 5 years together.

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 8:07 pm

Dreams about the ex usually indicate you're missing something about the relationship. It's not necessarily about him, he's just the face your brain put on the thing you're missing/desiring

I've tried to stay friends with one of my ex's but he wasn't capable and he drove me nuts. I suspect there could be a circumstance that I might stay friends with an ex but from what I have experienced...there really isn't/wasn't anything to salvage for a friendship

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2021, 11:41 pm

I tried for a short time, but it became apparent to me that I was their Plan B so I cut it off.