Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 10:25 pm

He sounds sweet as pie. Baby boys / toddlers are so cute!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2021, 10:23 pm

That's what everyone tells me. Life is definitely a lot easier now that he's not a screaming baby.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2021, 11:54 am

When I read memoirs written by ASD women, I noticed that those authors that are parents didn't write about it at all (they wrote about growing up and work). I can imagine b/c it's non-traditional parenting to some degree and the "mommy wars" rage. While my parenting is great overall (I am told this repeatedly by most everyone), there are haters and there are moments that are awful (my 9yo daughter noted one for me recently: "the downside of a sensitive parent" she said). If a parent has an attack of diarrhea and steps away from their child briefly that's a lot more acceptable then when a parent has an anxiety attack or sensory overwhelm and takes a moment for themselves --- even though the latter is good parenting!! ! Oh, well.

I have two children and a supportive spouse. Although having children definitely makes me more Autistic (higher stress level, harder to compensate), it's worth it for me.

Congratulations on your expected child!! !!

Write a book! I have also thought about writing a book since Autistic parents are still relatively "new" in popular consciousness (although they go back to the beginning of mankind). Likewise, I googled "Autistic teacher" with quotes and got very few hits. There are a lot of Autistic teachers out there, in the closet still (maybe to themselves also).