Why do people with Aspergers think NT’s are evil and..

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2021, 9:48 am

Why do people with Aspergers think NT’s are evil...NT’s think people with Aspergers are evil?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 9:56 am

I don't think NTs are evil. Usually I get offended whenever someone on WP gives generalized bias against NTs (but then I get accused of lacking empathy :roll: ).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 10:00 am

Obviously, all of that is a gross generalization....

I have found that NT's usually find Aspergian types sort of socially different, sometimes irritatingly so----but I don't notice much "hate" towards Aspergian types from NT's.

We have a few on this Site who seem to dislike NT's-----but this sort of "hatred" is pretty rare here.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2021, 10:45 am

Maybe a better question might have been why don’t Aspergers and NTs get on?

But the hate of Aspergers intrigues me...

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 10:55 am

Joe90 wrote:
I don't think NTs are evil. Usually I get offended whenever someone on WP gives generalized bias against NTs (but then I get accused of lacking empathy :roll: ).

I have had a lot of bad experiences with NTs, as have many here, but I try not to generalise them all. After all I have only met a small subsection of them.

However, I can't promise that, on a bad day when I have had a bad experience with them that I won't go off on an almighty rant about it.

I don't take my rants too seriously though, as when I have calmed down, I will have come back to reason again.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 10:57 am

Technic1 wrote:
Why do people with Aspergers think NT’s are evil...NT’s think people with Aspergers are evil?

They don't understand each other...

PetyaGSD73
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Apr 2021, 11:02 am

Earthbound_Alien wrote:

I have had a lot of bad experiences with NTs, as have many here, but I try not to generalise them all. After all I have only met a small subsection of them.

However, I can't promise that, on a bad day when I have had a bad experience with them that I won't go off on an almighty rant about it.

I don't take my rants too seriously though, as when I have calmed down, I will have come back to reason again.

This. ^

I had a family member tell me, "I know you have Asperger's but I think you're normal and just hate people."
I don't hate people. I may say it sometimes when I get frustrated and angry. I hate the fact that I don't understand most people and they don't understand me.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 12:24 pm

I don't hate NTs, though not being able to get along with them does get very frustrating sometimes, especially if someone insults me over my traits or tries to take advantage of me.

I think a lot of people on here don't hate NTs, but this is their only place to vent about issues they may have with them. It just looks like they hate NTs because people usually don't vent about positive experiences that they've had with others, so we mainly get to hear about the negative ones.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2021, 2:24 pm

Then apart from being different- why do we not get on?

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 2:30 pm

I judge people on a case by case basis. Not everyone is a horrible person.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2021, 4:10 pm

NaturalEntity wrote:
I judge people on a case by case basis. Not everyone is a horrible person.

+ 1

Though lately, I've encountered more judgemental and horrifyingly angry NT's that just plain hate being around me.

Honestly, it's luck of the draw when it comes to who you meet and with whom you interact. I've had more success having closer more fulfilling relationships with people, including NT's, while in college than I do outside of an academic environment. But, the moment I graduated, it felt like I was in a world that couldn't wait to say malicious things about me especially if they could do so while I was within earshot. Let's just say there are a lot of deplorable Indeed and Glassdoor reviews with 1 out of 5 over the last few years.

Really, I believe this is just a case of people judging what was is different that they don't want to understand. Yeah, we're stuck at the worse end of that but it is a normal, well-known part of the human condition. Fear of the unknown, tribalism, out-group hatred and whatnot.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 4:26 pm

Technic1 wrote:

In my experience not getting along is often caused by communication differences between autistic and NT people, NTs not being able to tolerate stimming and other behaviours autistic people may engage in, autistic people being at a different experience or development level than other people their age and that being perceived as immaturity or laziness, etc.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:30 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I don't hate NTs, though not being able to get along with them does get very frustrating sometimes, especially if someone insults me over my traits or tries to take advantage of me.

I think a lot of people on here don't hate NTs, but this is their only place to vent about issues they may have with them. It just looks like they hate NTs because people usually don't vent about positive experiences that they've had with others, so we mainly get to hear about the negative ones.

Yep, that happens.

As for me, since it is wrong and unfair to condemn all neurotypicals together, I do the right and fair thing and condemn them all individually.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 6:45 pm

it was precisely the odd NT who has pulled my fat from the fire all these years, i can only try to emulate them in this "pay it forward" way.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2021, 7:08 pm

I would never generalize a whole group of people to be "evil".

The only people I call evil are those that torture or kill innocent living beings like animals, babies, children, elderly people, disabled people, people of different races, and any other people that don't deserve to be tortured or killed.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

Technic1 wrote:
Perhaps we don't act the way someone else would prefer? (And that goes both ways ND < > NT!)