Anyone from Brisbane Australia around?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 4:17 am

Wouldn't mind a catch up with others ..

I've few interests but doesn't mean I'm not interested in others interests..

I just have nothing and no one and am on a life knife edge ..

No other way to make friends as socially I'm not liked and I feel like everyone dislikes me. Shoutout..

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Apr 2021, 7:30 pm

Happy Easter! :) I've always wanted to visit Australia, they have really interesting animals

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2021, 8:10 pm

Yea.. we have a giant fence to separate dingoes and rabbits due to vegetation issues.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2021, 8:44 pm

Bump.. :scratch:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 8:27 am

I guess you're the only Autie in Brisbane!

It's a good thing there's WP so you can at least exchange electrons with the rest of us.

P.S. As I recall, you moved into a place late last year. How's that going?

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2021, 10:20 pm

Double Retired wrote:
I guess you're the only Autie in Brisbane!

It's a good thing there's WP so you can at least exchange electrons with the rest of us.

P.S. As I recall, you moved into a place late last year. How's that going?

Yup. It certainly seems like that some days. Definitely helps spending time on the forums reminds me I’m not totally different to everyone else in existence.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 8:21 am

Well...I think we can claim to be somewhat different from everyone else in existence.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2021, 11:31 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Well...I think we can claim to be somewhat different from everyone else in existence.

We can.. I don’t necessarily want to b different, just am.. weather or not I’m comfortable with that however, often leaves me contemplating everything.

Fking nobody really cares for my interests more so I wouldn’t be quick to ask others if they’d be interested in something that I like.. museum etc zoo.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 10:11 am

The World has trained me, over the decades, that...pretty much...no one really cares what other people are interested in. I've been conditioned to not talk about my interests too much. I think most people just enjoy talking, not listening.

Fortunately, I am an INTJ so I kind of like being left alone with my interests. Though I conceded sometimes it seems preferable to have someone else along...without much talking.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 5:31 pm

Double Retired wrote:
The World has trained me, over the decades, that...pretty much...no one really cares what other people are interested in. I've been conditioned to not talk about my interests too much. I think most people just enjoy talking, not listening.

Fortunately, I am an INTJ so I kind of like being left alone with my interests. Though I conceded sometimes it seems preferable to have someone else along...without much talking.

I think people do just like talking, just to talk, be social just because..

I too like being alone but sometimes it’s nice just to physically have people around even though I’m not really engaging with them - little talking is ok though if I’m in the mood to interact with my interests it’s nice to try and be social with it. People are difficult but having plenty of default scripts ready makes it easier -socially speaking.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 5:59 pm

A sense of humor helps, too. I think I've cultivated a dry wit. I've even gotten my bride to laugh when she was in the Emergency Room.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 6:30 pm

Double Retired wrote:
A sense of humor helps, too. I think I've cultivated a dry wit. I've even gotten my bride to laugh when she was in the Emergency Room.

Definitely I think it helps.
That’s awesome, not an ideal place for laughs :lol:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 8:56 pm

It breaks the tension.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 5:00 pm

Double Retired wrote:
It breaks the tension.

Agree. The beeping etc of all the things gets bit much

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2021, 8:26 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
Agree. The beeping etc of all the things gets bit much
I apologize in advance because I'm going to give more answer than you are looking for. Thank you for your patience.

In this Emergency Room trip they did not have her plugged into anything. But she was not able to lift her head without getting overwhelmingly dizzy. They had no idea why. The condition persisted more than a day. And "stroke" was a possibility.

She spent a week in the hospital and slowly got better by herself. And I think they still do not know what happened--translated from medical jargon to plain English I think the final diagnosis was: "You were dizzy, we don't know why, but we don't think you have to worry about it."

That adventure was a pretty new experience for her, and for me since we'd been married less than a year, so breaking the tension seemed to help a lot. Since then she's been in the hospital numerous times for numerous unrelated reasons. I've lost count of her surgeries. It doesn't slow her down and she gives every appearance of maintaining good spirits--including singing on the way into surgery. 8O I've previously mentioned on WP that she's ADHD.

And I've learned where to park, where the waiting room is, where the vending machines are, and where in the hospital to get a meal. I've had multi-installment conversations with one Red Cross volunteer in the waiting room; and when one volunteer's shift was over they saw I was the only one left so rather than brief me on what to do with the phone there she just shrugged, said "You know the drill" and left!

A little over a year ago we learned I was an Aspie, so use your imagination on how entertainingly differently her and I approach the world. I love my bride and she makes me tired.