Explaining the dangerous government overreach to aspie kids

Page 6 of 9 [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 12:07 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Antifa started those fires, by throwing Molotov cocktails from passing cars.

Source?
Be my guest! :x

* https://abruptearthchanges.com/2020/09/ ... te-change/
* https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/09 ... g-america/
* https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Is- ... 5-2337280/
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHZpYD ... MR.OBVIOUS

Hint: Use DuckDuckGo, not Google, when you search. That's how I found these. DDG will get you true results, not Democrats' results, considering how the Democrat Party owns Big Tech (which includes Google and Facebook). Wake up!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 12:34 am

Aspie1 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Antifa started those fires, by throwing Molotov cocktails from passing cars.

Source?
Be my guest! :x

* https://abruptearthchanges.com/2020/09/ ... te-change/
* https://www.captainsjournal.com/2020/09 ... g-america/
* https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Is- ... 5-2337280/
* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIHZpYD ... MR.OBVIOUS

Hint: Use DuckDuckGo, not Google, when you search. That's how I found these. DDG will get you true results, not Democrats' results, considering how the Democrat Party owns Big Tech (which includes Google and Facebook). Wake up!

Two of your sources are basing their claims on the same troll account, one of them also dishonestly claims the fires were entirely limited to the US.

Another one is a bunch of people speculating baseless claims and MR OBVIOUS is peddling in replacement theory guano and all sorts of other baseless nonsense.

I'm really not comfortable pretending such obvious disinformation qualifies as a credible source. Enjoy your kool-aid.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

24 Apr 2021, 10:16 am

Aspie1 wrote:
DDG will get you true results, not Democrats' results, considering how the Democrat Party owns Big Tech (which includes Google and Facebook). Wake up!
This sinister influence from the Democratic party really is quite remarkable, according to you anyway. One has to wonder why they'd waste time running a political party with all that power and influence under the hood. That worldwide slave army isn't going to recruit itself, after all, so they're going to have to get much busier.

Apparently "Democrats" (whatever that is) have managed to pay off/bribe all scientists and researchers worldwide to lie about Covid (and climate change, I'm guessing) - and now they've convinced all the employees at Google and Facebook, worldwide, to falsify search results?

We're still waiting on this, BTW:
funeralxempire wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
Those rotten, filthy "scientists" are a far bigger danger to America than the Election Infection will ever be. The Democrats paid them to lie. And if we let them have their way, the real normal will NEVER come back.

I'm sure you have evidence to substantiate the underlined. That seems like the sort of thing everyone should be made aware of if there's proof of it.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2021, 2:57 pm

There is a scientific establishment as well as a media establishment, but it’s institutional, not conspiratorial.

Look, I’m a believer in both the seriousness of COVID and the importance of vaccines, and yet, when a doctor shows up on a mainstream source like CNN talking about vaccines, often I’m not real impressed. Because the doctor often babys down the information like we’re some kind of dumb bunnies. And that’s no damn way to talk with people.

And people sniff this out.

Instead, take a deep breath and assume you’re audience is just as smart as you are — maybe even assume they’re slightly smarter even if this is a fiction! — they just don’t happen to know your particular subject. :)

In addition, just like aviation safety, the public has very high standards for vaccine safety — and I think we should generally embrace this.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 6:22 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
Who wants to wait for life to go on as usual, when you can party now and die "doing what [you] loved: socializing with like-minded friends in a fun, lively environment" etc. etc.???

I don't know why you guys are still giving in to him: he's either trolling us, or he'll find himself in a crowded hospital bed, telling the ventilator technician that "it's just a little asthma".
No trolling, I swear to god. I'm just at odds with most WP'ers' political beliefs: a hard-right conservative vs. a liberal. How long are you willing to wait? If Michigan has no governor term limits, would you wait decades until Ms. Whitmer retires? My patience has run out about a year ago, so I took back my freedom myself. I may not agree with your choice, and I may verbally challenge you over it, but I will fight for your right to have it.

Election Infection is like toothpaste in a tube: We can't just gather it and return it to the lab where it was made. We gotta live with it like we live with the flu, not use it as excuse to increase government control. And that's what I'd want to teach my kids.

I should not have opened this thread again ... sigh.

Aspie1, you are much further down the rabbit hole than I realized. It saddens me; I want good things for you, not all this. Yet you think I'm the one down the rabbit hole. What I see as your need for misinformation seems to go far beyond just COVID-19 and, well, if you haven't figured out by now that Q is fake or trolling all of you, then you never will. You know what? If it makes you happy or gives you a sense of purpose, believe what you want, but I DO ask this: don't pass it on to children (pretty sure you don't plan to have any), and stop calling the rest of us and our beliefs names to show your contempt. I have no contempt for you, so I don't know why you insist on having it for any of us.

I know real people who died from COVID-19. FROM. Not made up, not exaggerated. The national numbers jive with what I know first hand. Not from news, not from Facebook, but first hand. But I guess you don't trust me, either.

Was lock down problematic in many ways? Yes, of course, it was an effort to choose among evils in a time of limited information. Would it be done the same way if we had known then what we know now? Maybe not. But most families were able to figure it all out without going to extremes. I remember smiling as my neighbors engaged in a play date in the middle of the street, which didn't get much traffic in lock down. The kids were great, keeping a distance from each other, but clearly enjoying the play none-the-less. People can be quite resilient and flexible. But that is a big difference between you and I: I believe in people. I know all the bad things in human psychology, but I also know the good, and given the opportunity, I see the good win out more often than the bad. The opportunity is the usually issue, not the nature.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 6:42 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
DDG will get you true results, not Democrats' results, considering how the Democrat Party owns Big Tech (which includes Google and Facebook). Wake up!
This sinister influence from the Democratic party really is quite remarkable, according to you anyway. One has to wonder why they'd waste time running a political party with all that power and influence under the hood. That worldwide slave army isn't going to recruit itself, after all, so they're going to have to get much busier.

Apparently "Democrats" (whatever that is) have managed to pay off/bribe all scientists and researchers worldwide to lie about Covid (and climate change, I'm guessing) - and now they've convinced all the employees at Google and Facebook, worldwide, to falsify search results?

I read an article with quotes from a former conspiratorial theory believer who had the chance to spend some time working on projects with large volumes of people and institutions. Those interactions led them to come to the conclusion that no conspiracy theory could ever be valid for one simple reason: people make too many mistakes. Which is exactly what I concluded long ago. The idea that anyone could successfully pull this stuff off, generally requiring large scale flawlessly coordinated efforts by thousands of unique individuals, doesn't add up. People make too many mistakes.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:02 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Aspie1, you are much further down the rabbit hole than I realized. It saddens me; I want good things for you, not all this. Yet you think I'm the one down the rabbit hole.
Well, one person's trash is another person's treasure. To be honest, I don't care for Q that much, although I had a blast at the group's Halloween and New Year's Eve parties. I go there because they share my dislike of Democrats and their lockdowns. Basically, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And if I want a social fix, I'd rather attend a mask-free party than smash storefronts.

It's basically the 2020/2021 equivalent of downloading music on Napster, Limewire, or BitTorrent. Except that the political roles are now reversed. Instead of liberals being free spirits and conservatives being stuffy rule-followers, the opposite is true today.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 8:49 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
It's basically the 2020/2021 equivalent of downloading music on Napster, Limewire, or BitTorrent. Except that the political roles are now reversed. Instead of liberals being free spirits and conservatives being stuffy rule-followers, the opposite is true today.

Do you think people perhaps could be free from having to get a disease with possibly long lasting side effects and maybe dying? Or do you really think all that stuff is a hoax?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2021, 11:36 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
To be honest, I don't care for Q that much...

Then why do you keep repeating all of their conspiracy theories?

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 12:25 pm

Well, they obviously didn't care much about dangerous government overreach in India, so they let people party and socialize.

Look what happened:

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-56875805

But I guess this is all an "election infection"/"scamdemic" hoax invented by the Democrats (and Antifa), right?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Aspie1, you are much further down the rabbit hole than I realized. It saddens me; I want good things for you, not all this. Yet you think I'm the one down the rabbit hole.
Well, one person's trash is another person's treasure. To be honest, I don't care for Q that much, although I had a blast at the group's Halloween and New Year's Eve parties. I go there because they share my dislike of Democrats and their lockdowns. Basically, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And if I want a social fix, I'd rather attend a mask-free party than smash storefronts.

Ok, I can sort of see that. But I would draw the line at spreading the dangerous ideas, and apparently you haven’t. And why is it so important to openly dislike Democrats and tease and mock? The divisiveness that is being fed really distresses me. I believe we need a team of rivals battling it out towards compromise in order to achieve the best ideas to solve today’s insanely complex problems, but we aren’t in a space to get that.

Anyway, back to my work deadline and off the board.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:28 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
And why is it so important to openly dislike Democrats and tease and mock? The divisiveness that is being fed really distresses me...

Owning the libs has become the entirety of the conservative agenda, regardless of any consequences. It's not the means to an end, it has become the end. That's why the constant disinformation and peddling of conspiracy theories is so important, some of the people peddling them don't honestly believe them but they see reasonable people become frustrated or enraged by them so they spread them anyways.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 2:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
And why is it so important to openly dislike Democrats and tease and mock? The divisiveness that is being fed really distresses me...

Owning the libs has become the entirety of the conservative agenda, regardless of any consequences. It's not the means to an end, it has become the end. That's why the constant disinformation and peddling of conspiracy theories is so important, some of the people peddling them don't honestly believe them but they see reasonable people become frustrated or enraged by them so they spread them anyways.

So it seems. But I will never understand how anyone can think anything positive for our country can come from that.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:14 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

So it seems. But I will never understand how anyone can think anything positive for our country can come from that.

They don't think, that's the problem.

They get told that believing this crap is required to pwn the libs, so they do it.. re-elect republican grifters who then sell them out to corporate donors while lining their own pockets, rinse & repeat until the oligarchy is complete at the expense of the country being plunged ever further into debt.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:35 pm

So, just asking for a friend... how do you have constructive dialogue with someone splashing gasoline around your living room? :scratch:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2021, 3:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
They get told that believing this crap is required to pwn the libs, so they do it.. re-elect republican grifters who then sell them out to corporate donors while lining their own pockets, rinse & repeat until the oligarchy is complete at the expense of the country being plunged ever further into debt.
I'll take the rich corporate donors over the government tyrants and the violent looters. It's better that having your store ransacked by criminals who will get away with it, because Democrats paid them do it.

The conservatives wanted to put hydroxychloroquinine, a low-cost, readily available drug, into the hands of the population. But no! The libs censored it out of existence, because they didn't want an easy Covid treatment to be released under Trump's presidency.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!