Maybe 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't know 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8

SDASD1725
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Apr 2021, 8:45 pm

So, to cut a very long story short, I'm just going to say that I feel like I definitely do not and have never belonged on this planet (Earth). Ever since I was a toddler, I have always felt exponentially different from other people, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying that I feel like I am not accepted in this world because, I do not know what people expect of me or want from me. I feel like I do not meet anyone's criteria for anything. Certain groups of people say that all voices should be heard but, when I speak up about something that upsets me, they tell me to shut up. When I was eighteen, I stopped speaking for one year and I have been feeling terribly lonely ever since.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2021, 8:58 pm

Yes and I don't think it ever will go away, no matter how much at times we want it to. It comes out in little ways, like me saying a phrase or sentence that makes perfect sense to me and not others and me not being able to pick up on the subtleties of interaction that are clear to some people yet not to me for some reason. I can't feel defeated over it though.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 5:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Blue_Blake
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2021, 12:03 am

Yes, I have felt that way too

Welcome and I hope you find some comfort in this place :)

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 12:46 am

SDASD1725 wrote:
So, to cut a very long story short, I'm just going to say that I feel like I definitely do not and have never belonged on this planet (Earth). Ever since I was a toddler, I have always felt exponentially different from other people, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm saying that I feel like I am not accepted in this world because, I do not know what people expect of me or want from me. I feel like I do not meet anyone's criteria for anything. Certain groups of people say that all voices should be heard but, when I speak up about something that upsets me, they tell me to shut up. When I was eighteen, I stopped speaking for one year and I have been feeling terribly lonely ever since.

welcome to Wrong Planet,OP.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 12:55 am

Welcome sister!

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 12:56 pm

Welcome to WP!

I have mixed feelings about your question, but share them enough that when my bride told me about "Wrong Planet" the name made immediate sense to me. I suspect you like the name, too.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 3:08 pm

I feel like I don't belong in some social circles on Earth. I don't feel entirely disconnected though, as I have good friends and communities that I'm a part of that make me feel a little less alone.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2021, 9:29 pm

Welcome to WPea! :mrgreen: